• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at the ATT store near school the guy said they might have some available tomorrow morning, but would probably be out by the afternoon. And that all of the yellows were spoken for. Guess I should have pre ordered?

So at the ATT store near school the guy said they might have some available tomorrow morning, but would probably be out by the afternoon. And that all of the yellows were spoken for. Guess I should have pre ordered?

My store told me Yellow is on-line only (along with Cyan), and they have them in the back. He said he saw the red and it's very nice.

So I am leaning Red.

Milchjon

My Start-Screen:
LA LA LA CUTOFF
AM3OF.jpg

You're Facebook friends with my brother?!?

;-)

So I've just played Cut the Rope on my phone.

I wonder what is required for a WP7 game to run in 60 FPS... that game feels like butter and it's a joy to look at. Seriously, not all 2D games run at 60 FPS...

Izuna

Banned
so orange uk, let's see if you were right at all. the great british 920 hunt continues!

My plan is to get a Yellow one from Phones4U and unlock it/sell it by the time I can order Cyan. Good luck mate!

EDIT: bad news, my local P4U say tomorrow (though they're very confident and happy about it) but only in white

^ -- Red and Yellow are supposed to be next week.

good news edit

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/

So P4U in Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street (I think) have black and white in stock right now. Looks like there's no reason why central people can't finally get their hands on the boring colours.

My plan is to get a Yellow one from Phones4U and unlock it/sell it by the time I can order Cyan. Good luck mate!

EDIT: bad news, my local P4U say tomorrow (though they're very confident and happy about it) but only in white

^ -- Red and Yellow are supposed to be next week.

good news edit

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/

So P4U in Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street (I think) have black and white in stock right now. Looks like there's no reason why central people can't finally get their hands on the boring colours.

one of my local stores said tomorrow too, so here's hoping. i only want black as it's the only matte colour we're getting so i should be lucky soon :)

Izuna

Banned
one of my local stores said tomorrow too, so here's hoping. i only want black as it's the only matte colour we're getting so i should be lucky soon :)

Be careful because apparently some of the clerks don't try to sell you the sim-free, they'll try their best to put you on a new contract (it's how they get paid). If you ask to speak with the manager when this happens you'll probably be able to pick it up sim-free.

I know someone who is going to be testing to see if it's fully unlocked today (despite what EE and Nokia said about it still being locked). I'll keep you posted. =)

Izuna

Banned
Posted from http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18439317&page=84

From Phones 4u: "Hi Brian, all stores should be offering this SIM-free and this is something that we are looking into at the moment. So that we can get this reported could you please let me know which store has refused to see you the handset SIM-Free? Thanks, Espi."

So if any deny you, go report them and speak to their manager. This was replied to me by facebook phones4u

I'm not bothered doing this, I'll call in a couple of hours to see if they've fixed this problem themselves. It's funny because I'm certain that this is either because clerks wants extra money for starting contracts, EE are telling them to force into 4G network, or it's secretly because SIM-free = unlocked and they're annoyed with Nokia about it.

Be careful because apparently some of the clerks don't try to sell you the sim-free, they'll try their best to put you on a new contract (it's how they get paid). If you ask to speak with the manager when this happens you'll probably be able to pick it up sim-free.

I know someone who is going to be testing to see if it's fully unlocked today (despite what EE and Nokia said about it still being locked). I'll keep you posted. =)

will be interesting to see how 'unlocked' it actually is. i'm fine with going on a contract again, despite how it'd be cheaper in the long run. i don't have the cash for an unlocked phone right now & i'm already with orange so i don't really mind. it'll be great if i'm able to keep the same, old unlimited-data, tariff as well but either way i just want a 920, haha.
anyway, for those interested i hope the phone can be bought completely unlocked!

thirty

Banned
hearing about the S4 Pro in the Chinese version I initially got jelly but after some thought I realized this is where windows phone should be, always pushing for updated hardware and software. a far cry from the WP7 days where I think we got 2 hardware revisions in 2 years.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
My phone is on the way, but it won't be here today and Monday is a holiday. This will be the first time in my life where I would voluntarily skip a weekend, a long one at that, and head straight into the work week if I could. I need help.

Izuna

Banned
will be interesting to see how 'unlocked' it actually is. i'm fine with going on a contract again, despite how it'd be cheaper in the long run. i don't have the cash for an unlocked phone right now & i'm already with orange so i don't really mind. it'll be great if i'm able to keep the same, old unlimited-data, tariff as well but either way i just want a 920, haha.
anyway, for those interested i hope the phone can be bought completely unlocked!

We have clarification now. Phones from P4U sim-free are locked. I'll try to find information about unlock codes. I know there's some available for AT&T already.

If I had one myself I'd test the sim thingies that let you use any network.

Any news on the ability of WP8 to handle gifs? Does it still crash the Browser if I were to enter Wrestling or Pop GAF?

IE9 doesn't crash because it can't handle gifs, but because it can't handle bad taste. It's trying to protect you.

You should know better, Milch.

Milchjon

IE9 doesn't crash because it can't handle gifs, but because it can't handle bad taste. It's trying to protect you.

You should know better, Milch.

I sometimes wander into Pop GAF to pick me up after your posts brought me down.

It's not about the music for me. I don't really think it's about the music for Pop GAF either. Their stuff makes me smile.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The backup utility: does app data get backed up? How about your photos?

I believe it backs up your app settings and app list (not sure about game saves. Photo's can also be backed up using the utility or you can have them automatically upload to skydrive.

My phone is on the way, but it won't be here today and Monday is a holiday. This will be the first time in my life where I would voluntarily skip a weekend, a long one at that, and head straight into the work week if I could. I need help.
I am staying up passed my bedtime so I can pick up the phone by my work. At Starbucks down the street to stay awake ...

The thing is I will probably stay up to play with it ... Who need sleep.
ifqQD.jpg

Look at the line ! Actually there is one other guy with me but he is here for the Note 2.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm pretty sad. Last night when I was going to sleep, I was thinking how I would arrange the tiles on my start screen.

I'm worse cause I already had that worked out weeks ago. Phone, text, and email small at the top. Music and people medium, pictures wide. Most third party apps will be small to make space for more of them. All of them clustered by theme, so one 4 tile cluster for games, another for productivity apps, etc.

kn1ves24

So I got my 920, matte black only other option was red and I'm just not a fan of it. Phone is SWEET. Sucks that the ATT stores didn't have the charge plates in stock but mine is being mailed out.

Quick question: is there an option sync app or can I use zune or should i just hook it up to the laptop i have running Win8?

So I got my 920, matte black only other option was red and I'm just not a fan of it. Phone is SWEET. Sucks that the ATT stores didn't have the charge plates in stock but mine is being mailed out.

Quick question: is there an option sync app or can I use zune or should i just hook it up to the laptop i have running Win8?

Congrats to your new Lumia 920. I hate you.

You can't use Zune to sync your OS 8 phone. There's a Windows Phone companion app in the Windows Store and a new, light desktop client somewhere. I'm too lazy to find the links, sorry.

But Zune is out.

kn1ves24

Congrats to your new Lumia 920. I hate you.

You can't use Zune to sync your OS 8 phone. There's a Windows Phone companion app in the Windows Store and a new, light desktop client somewhere. I'm too lazy to find the links, sorry.

But Zune is out.

Thanks brot, its OK I still like you.

Milchjon

I see brot finally broke down and admits the severity of his past mistakes to himself.

It's okay, man. The Nexus is a fine phone, too. I'm sure.

lumia_920_grey_engadget3.jpg

MCD

http://www.wpcentral.com/what-you-need-know-if-you-re-upgrading-windows-phone-7-8
http://www.wpcentral.com/backing-and-restoring-personal-data-windows-phone-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom