• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah man. So all of the stores, even the Microsoft Store in Century City don't have anything but black and white, one place had one red phone. At least I got to play around with the phone a bit. Wasn't going to buy one until I did that. ...and I kind of liked how the 8X felt more than the 920. Ooops. If I can find a yellow 920 this weekend though I'm still buying that.

frontieruk

Ah man. So all of the stores, even the Microsoft Store in Century City don't have anything but black and white, one place had one red phone. At least I got to play around with the phone a bit. Wasn't going to buy one until I did that. ...and I kind of liked how the 8X felt more than the 920. Ooops. If I can find a yellow 920 this weekend though I'm still buying that.

online exclusive ;)

Firestorm

What's the outright price at the MS Store? And does it have the AT&T branding on it? Unlocked or locked?

Magni

What's the outright price at the MS Store? And does it have the AT&T branding on it? Unlocked or locked?

I'd like to know this as well. As I said on the previous page, I'm appalled by the fact that MS hasn't even updated their own website. It still has "Meet the new Lumia 920!" for fuck's sake!

Sorry I just called the MS store to see what they have in stock, didn't ask about prices. I did ask if they were doing anything like the free charger from AT&T, the lady didn't know. And you also can't use the $25 coupon for preordering Halo 4 from microsoftstore.com in the retail store, fyi.

I see people saying yellow is online only in this forum, but I haven't read any news stories to that effect, and none of the stores I called said yellow was online only. They just suggested calling back on Monday.

frontieruk

I prefer to post in this thread than the Lumia OT.

Hey I wanted a wp8 megathread but the rest of you guys said no, threads for phones so do the fawning over handsets there and let us get on with the serious business of lacking apps and giving advice on usage here ;)

Troll

Banned
Hey I wanted a wp8 megathread but the rest of you guys said no, threads for phones so do the fawning over handsets there and let us get on with the serious business of lacking apps and giving advice on usage here ;)

Hey, I would rather have a Mega Thread. I don't think that we have enough regulars for it to be out of control.

Monday :'(

frontieruk

Hey, I would rather have a Mega Thread. I don't think that we have enough regulars for it to be out of control.

Monday :'(

oh you flip flop like the UK weather Troll ;) I'm glad the US guys are getting handsets now though :)

oh and ive noticed why i didnt notice wordflow, i was typing on quicker than it suggests the next word.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Lumia but it's so frustrating trying to connect my Xbox account to my primary email. I'm using one email for my Xbox account and another for my email. How can I connect it into one, so I can use my phone for Xbox games? Fucking shit I'm about to break something.

Got my Lumia but it's so frustrating trying to connect my Xbox account to my primary email. I'm using one email for my Xbox account and another for my email. How can I connect it into one, so I can use my phone for Xbox games? Fucking shit I'm about to break something.

Probably easier to connect it to both accounts and just uncheck email in accounts and settings for the one you used for xbox if you don't want mail from more than your primary communication account.

frontieruk

just add both accounts, unless they are Microsoft accounts, where your xbox one will have to be the primary account.

there's a way to change the associated email address with a LIVE account on xbox.com somewhere.

but that has caused account issues in the past. so I'd go with my first suggestion and just not sync the email etc.

Probably easier to connect it to both accounts and just uncheck email in accounts and settings for the one you used for xbox if you don't want mail from more than your primary communication account.

I thought if the primary account was an ms address it used that one for Xbox?

Got my Lumia and as I was downloading xbox games, the thing is completely frozen. I cant push any buttons. How do I turn it off?

the 800/900 you held both the volume keys and the power/camera keys for about 5 seconds

PG2G

Use the Xbox live account as your Microsoft account and add your email as a standard email account

I thought if the primary account was an ms address it used that one for Xbox?

What I tried to say (and failed, apparently) was for him to add both email accounts to his device and uncheck "email" on the one associated with his Xbox Live account under accounts and settings if he doesn't want to receive or send mail for that account from his phone.

frontieruk

What I tried to say (and failed, apparently) was for him to add both email accounts to his device and uncheck "email" on the one associated with his Xbox Live account under accounts and settings if he doesn't want to receive or send mail for that account from his phone.

and what i was getting at and failed was if both accounts are 'LIVE' accounts he'd have to use the xbox one first, as it uses the primary 'LIVE' account on the handset for the Xbox account, i agreed with shutting the rest off in my earlier post.

joshschw

Got my 920 today! Was on T-Mobile's $30 a month plan but was always going over the minutes by a lot so just decided to go with ATT contract through school riding so it is not bad...

loving it so far. Screen looks so cool. Like everything is floating. Getting great signal on this as well.

little disappointing that angry birds star wars doesn't run at native resolution... Wonder if that has to do with the 768 height on the 920... Someone with an 8x want to chime in?

but it is so smooth and snappy, even compared to my 710. Which actually seems to load mobile. faster (!) but can not complain about any aspect of this thing. Other than the camera roll feels wonky and confusing.

frontieruk

Got my 920 today! Was on T-Mobile's $30 a month plan but was always going over the minutes by a lot so just decided to go with ATT contract through school riding so it is not bad...

loving it so far. Screen looks so cool. Like everything is floating. Getting great signal on this as well.

little disappointing that angry birds star wars doesn't run at native resolution... Wonder if that has to do with the 768 height on the 920... Someone with an 8x want to chime in?

but it is so smooth and snappy, even compared to my 710. Which actually seems to load mobile. faster (!) but can not complain about any aspect of this thing. Other than the camera roll feels wonky and confusing.

posted screenshots from an 8x a couple of pages back... no i didn't... Incoming

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys. Is there a way for a license transfer in order to play the games on my WP7?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So if I changed my email I can't rebuy them? Weak.

kn1ves24

So has anybody tried/messed with the "Rooms" thing under the People app? I guess its for sharing stuff but does it only work with other wp8 phones?

I also like the Groups thing alot. Nice little feature.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So I can't receive messages from FB if the person I'm talking to is on their mobile phone?

MS you disappoint me.

Troll

Banned
So I can't receive messages from FB if the person I'm talking to is on their mobile phone?

MS you disappoint me.

I haven't had this issue, unless I misunderstood what you meant.

So if I changed my email I can't rebuy them? Weak.

As long as it's the same ID you should be fine. If you want to link a different Email up to your Live ID Microsoft Account ID you can do that through the Xbox under account management pretty easily. That should keep everything together.

Everdred

Got the 920, Bluetooth audio does not start automatically in my car, is this by design? My windows 7.5 phone would start playing when I started the car but this one I have to go into the settings > bluetooth and either click connect to the device or restart bluetooth.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Then why is trying to make me buy Sonic? :(

I'm not sure how you misunderstood. I'm texting someone on FB chat while they're on their phone, and the messages aren't coming on my phone. I have to log onto my PC to see what they sent me.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm not sure how you misunderstood. I'm texting someone on FB chat while they're on their phone, and the messages aren't coming on my phone. I have to log onto my PC to see what they sent me.

He probably misunderstood because he is not aware of that limitation. I don't know if it's a known platform issue or something that's specific to you.

I've done FB chat with a bunch of people, I don't know whether they were on a phone or not, though.

Troll

Banned
Then why is trying to make me buy Sonic? :(

Use the link that Venne posted, that should fix your store issue.

On your messaging status, are you set to available? It sounds like you are set to appear offline.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I was messaging someone on their PC and someone on their phone. I was able to receive the PC messages fine, but the phone messages weren't coming through.

Troll

Banned
I was messaging someone on their PC and someone on their phone. I was able to receive the PC messages fine, but the phone messages weren't coming through.

Oh, that is sort of weird. I checked to see if I could FB chat with my brother on his phone and it worked, maybe we can have someone else test this on WP8 and see if there's a bug no one knows about.

Totakeke

Guys, something is missing. :(

88ZWy.jpg

kazinova

Got my Lumia, I went and saw them in person and ended up getting a white one. Which is the last thing I expected to do but I couldn't resist once I saw it.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, that is sort of weird. I checked to see if I could FB chat with my brother on his phone and it worked, maybe we can have someone else test this on WP8 and see if there's a bug no one knows about.

Yeah, it's really damn weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom