• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontieruk

So I got my 920, matte black only other option was red and I'm just not a fan of it. Phone is SWEET. Sucks that the ATT stores didn't have the charge plates in stock but mine is being mailed out.

Quick question: is there an option sync app or can I use zune or should i just hook it up to the laptop i have running Win8?

plug your phone into the pc it should bring up a window with info about your phone and there's a couple of links on the page one is the sync app.

So what are you jerks waiting for to post pictures of your devices?

hTZaH.jpg

So the line got long, apparently many people got their iPhone 5 and bringing them in to get sim cards. They got 5 Lumia phones in; one red, one white and three black. I obviously hot the red one, a guy next to me saw my phone as the rep was activating it and ask to get one instead of the Note. He also want the cool Ferrari red but settle for a black. There was also another guy after me who also want a red, he left quickly probably to go to another store. I was glad I came in at the open, I told the rep I didn't think anyone would come in for one, he told me I would be surprise as they already got several calls.

Anyway phone is gorgeous and no heavier or bigger than the 900. Love it, every thing is so smooth.

hTZaH.jpg

So the line got long, apparently many people got their iPhone 5 and bringing them in to get sum cards. They got 5 phones in one red, one white and three black. I obviously hot the red one, a guy next to me saw my phone as the rep was activating it and ask to get one instead of a Note. He also want the cool Ferrari red but settle for a black. There was also another guy after me who also want a red, he left quickly probably to go to another store. I was glad I came in at the open, I told the rep I didn't think anyone would come in for one, he told me I would be surprise as they already got several calls.

Anyway phone is gorgeous and no heavier or bigger than the 900. Love it, every thing is so smooth.

br8O7.jpg

You should make the pictures a bit bigger next time.

Klocker

beautiful (and huge pics_ :)

My concern is I do not want to use a case with this but the screen curve conerns me is that if it ever hits the ground it's shattering?

NeOak

Got my red one too. Its awesome. Now to uninstall all the AT&T BS and upgrade from my Dell Venue Pro.

Unlimited LTE Data is awesome :D

Milchjon

Went back to the store to check out some things.

WordFlow works pretty well, definitely a step up. It predicts whole words that could logically follow.

High contrast mode doesn't really work as a way to add a black accent color, looks weird.

It looks like Bing is gimped again over here, didn't they add a news column?

And black is growing on me. The form factor is pretty much perfect now. Gorgeous.

Also the 820 doesn't look as bad in person.

Sorry, I am posting from the phone and thought imgur resize them.

I didn't know the 920 has dual band N WiFi.

Also IE10 break NeoGaf app menu or may be its the resolution.

kharma45

Went back to the store to check out some things.

WordFlow works pretty well, definitely a step up. It predicts whole words that could logically follow.

High contrast mode doesn't really work as a way to add a black accent color, looks weird.

It looks like Bing is gimped again over here, didn't they add a news column?

And black is growing on me. The form factor is pretty much perfect now. Gorgeous.

Also the 820 doesn't look as bad in person.

Yeah I saw an 820 a few days ago and it's not too bad, but it's not as hot as the 800 was.

NeOak

Great, there is no option to add my Yahoo mailbox unlike WP7. sigh

My microsoft account is a @yahoo.com address, but WP7 had no problem with it.

venne

For those interested, you can switch the default search provider for IE from Bing to Google.

It's under the advance settings.

Milchjon

Playing with the 920, I also realized how much I like those bigger tiles. I'm probably just gonna say "fuck utility" and have an immensely long home screen full of big tiles.

Too bad some apps don't support it.

Also, I thought Navigation apps were supposed to be able to run in a live tile? Nokia Drive doesn't. But at least it starts where you left off when you relaunch it, which is a huge plus.

Magni

No commitment*

*1-year contract, 2-year contract, and No Commitment Pricing require voice plan with qualifying monthly data plan required.

Seriously, how is this bullshit even legal? How can you declare something as "No Commitment" when you require a fucking monthly data plan with it?

Huh? How?

I've never seen this done before, only on Win8.

Can't find the original site, but basically, someone made a couple of tiles/images with titles (Games, Personal, Sites, etc. whatever) and posted them to a site. You could access them from your WP, then pin the "image" (really, the site), and because they were the perfect size, they'd appear on your Start screen as organizational icons.

I used it for a bit on WP7, but because they occupied such a large part of the screen, it wasn't really that useful/helpful.

Milchjon

Can't find the original site, but basically, someone made a couple of tiles/images with titles (Games, Personal, Sites, etc. whatever) and posted them to a site. You could access them from your WP, then pin the "image" (really, the site), and because they were the perfect size, they'd appear on your Start screen as organizational icons.

I used it for a bit on WP7, but because they occupied such a large part of the screen, it wasn't really that useful/helpful.

Oh. Neat idea, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom