• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontieruk

How is your 8X holding up so far. On the WP Central forum some people were complaining about the polycarbonate body not holding up and light leakage from the screen?

not a mark on mine, gets thrown in my pocket like every other phone I've owned, as for light leakage i've no idea where they'd be any from the thing is tighter *insert your own idiom here*

Gav

if you've got a HTC use the HTC Connection thing it'll pull the settings from the SIM

if not my best guess is

APN
If you're on a pay monthly price plan:
Key in wap.vodafone.co.uk
If you're on a pay as you go price plan:
Key in pp.vodafone.co.uk

Username
wap

Password
wap

MMSC (url) http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMSC Port 8799

I'd leave the IP setting as it looks like it chooses the right setting by default

The HTC connection app didnt seem to to anything the few times i tried it today.
APN/username/password are all as you say.
As is the MMSC and port.

The only things missing are WAP gateway URL and WAP gateway port, but i have no idea if these are needed.
Either way, with these settings in, i still cant seem to download an image my mate has just sent me, or send one to myself.

frontieruk

The HTC connection app didnt seem to to anything the few times i tried it today.
APN/username/password are all as you say.
As is the MMSC and port.

The only things missing are WAP gateway URL and WAP gateway port, but i have no idea if these are needed.
Either way, with these settings in, i still cant seem to download an image my mate has just sent me, or send one to myself.

actually thinking about it you'll probably need the wap settings in

...Now I want Nokia to make an Olive Green 920. It would definitely be a great contender against the Cyan version

Maybe next year.

eDl8o.png

frontieruk

Cant find what they would need to be, so ive sent them a tweet, will see if they get back to me tomorrow.
Thanks for your help :)

have you tried getting the settings sent to you by texting web to 40127 ?

I noticed that O2 managed to send my settings to the handset

Heretic

So I just got off the phone with AT&T and they said that you're guaranteed a charging dock if you order between now and January 10th.

thirty

Banned
windows phones are really gonna stand out with the color options and wireless charging. in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Ativ S got a slight delay due to adding wireless charging.

Izuna

Banned
Epic.

The ones that aren't tied to an operator seem to be petaband around the world:

"GSM 850; GSM 900; GSM 1800; GSM 1900; W-CDMA 850; W-CDMA 900; W-CDMA 1700; W-CDMA 1900; W-CDMA 2100; LTE 700; LTE 800; LTE 850; LTE 900; LTE 1700; LTE 1800; LTE 1900; LTE 2100; LTE 2600"

This is definitely worth the wait for me.

You should feel terrible about having a single lone small square at the bottom. That would drive me crazy.
I should really feel stupid for clicking on all of my email and feeds before thinking about taking these screenshots. It would be much more useful to show off the OS with the notifications on the tiles.

*doh

Troll

Banned
I should really feel stupid for clicking on all of my email and feeds before thinking about taking these screenshots. It would be much more useful to show off the OS with the notifications on the tiles.

*doh

As long as your Me tile doesn't have 20 notifications queued up, we shouldn't turn on you.

dudeguy24

*doh

Is the music/video tile not a live tile of the last played artist anymore???

Izuna

Banned
I think it just shows something when something is playing, just like on Windows 8.

Maybe he hasn't listened to any music that points to Xbox Music? Probably has his iTunes music or CDs on there. Unless it's matched with Xbox Music, there will never be pictures on that tile.

Timan

Developer
Blows my mind how crappy AT&T stores are prepared for the Windows Phones launching tomorrow.

Called asking about the colors the lumia and 8x are going to be on. Took 5 different stores, and after talking with people who are afraid to open their shipments, a person who has no idea what a lumia even is. Seems all the local ones here are just getting black for both the 920 and 8x. Was kinda hoping they'd have the blue ones of both :(

Should be interesting tomorrow, to see what happens when I go try to pick one up tomorrow.

Izuna

Banned
Do you have to pay monthly for the music match?

Not on my WP7.5 -- I didn't get the Zune/Xbox Music Pass until recently. Which meant that my Tile was always showing MC Hammer until I managed to get it to sync my Chemical Brothers CD.

Troll

Banned
Yay, my cyan updated. Both phones will be delivered on Monday with chargers in hand. I know it's not tomorrow, but I can manage one last weekend with my Focus before I put her in the closet with all of my other retired gadgets.

Blows my mind how crappy AT&T stores are prepared for the Windows Phones launching tomorrow.

Called asking about the colors the lumia and 8x are going to be on. Took 5 different stores, and after talking with people who are afraid to open their shipments, a person who has no idea what a lumia even is. Seems all the local ones here are just getting black for both the 920 and 8x. Was kinda hoping they'd have the blue ones of both :(

Should be interesting tomorrow, to see what happens when I go try to pick one up tomorrow.

They got them in the store the day before. The store I goes to now is very pro-Windows Phone so they are knowledgeable. They told me they have Red, White and Black and charging pad that will be free with each 920. They also said Cyan and Yellow will be on-line only. When I was there, a clerk that was in front of me was helping a girl and her mom who want to order Cyan. (May be we will reach that 10%?)

So I will look at both Red and White tomorrow and make decision. May be I will get red to commemorate Mitt lost. The guy at the store was really excited about the red, he said it looks really nice.

TylerD

Yay, my cyan updated. Both phones will be delivered on Monday with chargers in hand. I know it's not tomorrow, but I can manage one last weekend with my Focus before I put her in the closet with all of my other retired gadgets.

My Fuze will have Focus company.

It was a good gadget with custom roms. The HTC cover on old school windows mobile 6 made it very slow for me.

L7iGh.jpg

November 2008. We have come a long way.

thirty

Banned
I had two buddies of mine who will now look into WP due to Windows 8. one said he tried the new touchscreen laptops in best buy and fell in love with the interface. another said he wanted the surface and after telling him about the 920 and its low light and video capabilities he said he was ready to move on from iPhone and will be going into an att store tomorrow to look at the new 920. hopefully the store is knowledgeable and a rep won't try to switch him to the iPhone 5 or an android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom