• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Funny.

I purchased an updated Zune Pass (or Xbox Music) for a year.

Now Zune will not play any music from my phone. I can't download anything from Zune and make it work on my phone!

Xbox Music works fine though.

=(

I just redownloaded everything on my new WP7.5 as well. Zune is basically broken now. Zune Pass doesn't exist anymore.

Izuna

Banned
I like the grunge playlist. I absolutely hate Xbox Music. Its the worst music manager I've ever used.

Yes it's absolutely horrible as I'm discovering now. Zune was a million times better but it's for some reason broken (won't play anything anymore).

Xbox Music is so frustrating.

hwalker84

Yes it's absolutely horrible as I'm discovering now. Zune was a million times better but it's for some reason broken (won't play anything anymore).

I shut off the cloud sync because it was horribly organized and cannot be properly managed.

Totakeke

Funny.

I purchased an updated Zune Pass (or Xbox Music) for a year.

Now Zune will not play any music from my phone. I can't download anything from Zune and make it work on my phone!

Xbox Music works fine though.

=(

I just redownloaded everything on my new WP7.5 as well. Zune is basically broken now. Zune Pass doesn't exist anymore.

You can't download anything on Zune desktop software, but can you still play music in the store with your pass?

Izuna

Banned
You can't download anything on Zune desktop software, but can you still play music in the store with your pass?

If I download something on Zune, it doesn't sync on my WP7.5

If I download something on my phone, it syncs, but doesn't play on Zune

If I download something on Xbox Music, it doesn't sync with Zune

Really annoying because for some reason, I can't download one song from the album Hanna (Chemical Brothers) because it says I don't have rights to play it.

--

One little hurdle was getting Xbox Music to not see my gf's horribly organised iTunes folder (different user account). I have to remove it from my libraries (I dunno hwo to do this yet).

Because unfortunately when you delete via Xbox Music it actually removes the files, not just removes it from the list (like Zune lets you do). =( I want Zune desktop software to just be updated for Xbox Music Pass

EDIT: Here's how to stop Xbox Music from sniffing folders you don't want

EDIT2: Pfft I give up, Xbox Music insists on downloading it's own songs.

My janx. Live tile sizes are awesome, and using more of the screen real estate really helps the feel of UI, IMO.

81Tql.png

5F0os.png

2Lp6D.png

Totakeke

That sucks, I have 4 months left till my zune pass expires.

On the topic of Skype, remember that google phone dream a few years back where a phone will run on VoIP alone? Now with the "integration" of Skype, is WP8 far better than the other platforms on the idea of relying solely on VoIP? I know Google has Google Voice, but since I'm not in US I never really used it.

That sucks, I have 4 months left till my zune pass expires.

On the topic of Skype, remember that google phone dream a few years back where a phone will run on VoIP alone? Now with the "integration" of Skype, is WP8 far better than the other platforms on the idea of relying solely on VoIP? I know Google has Google Voice, but since I'm not in US I never really used it.
It will get block by the shitty Carriers...

Xbox Music is all kind of fuck up. I means Zune was doing streaming etc already it's not like it's something new add on to the service. The cloud music doesn't work at all, eventhough it said my music are in the cloud but they never show up on my Windows Phone 8.

The same regarding the new Office for Windows Phone 8. I am not sure why the Windows Phone team feel the need to mess with things nobody ask for. The new Note is so annoying for the fact I can't pin particular Notebook to my home screen, only individual page. I can't created Tab only new page which I thought they would add in this version.

I have to said, Brot and all the pundits are right, Windows Phone 8 have such a fuck up launch because Microsoft was not ready and everything was done up to the last minute.

WP8 is definitely a rushed launch. But for people just joining WP, there's nothing much to complain about.

Yeah, the OS is pretty stable, but it's the little things sometimes that make it feel "polish". If they want people to move to Xbox Music they really need to step it up.

I know I was raging hard when Apple switch the button on iPad from lock to mute. Speaking of that why there is no option yet to lock the screen orientation on Windows Phone. Weave App is my favorite for this reason, you can lock the orientation. And I am glad I bought it when the app was first launch, the price is 9.99 now!! Yike.

I have to move my Blizzard authenticator today and I do miss Windows Phone 7 and the glorious Cyan Lumia. I will keep it for Dodonpachi and Crimson Dragon until Microsoft get those dev to port them to Windows Phone 8.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
If I download something on Zune, it doesn't sync on my WP7.5

If I download something on my phone, it syncs, but doesn't play on Zune

I have Win8 with Xbox Music and my Zune pass still works the same way it always has. I'm able to sync to my WP 7.5 phones (I have two). I can download songs on my phone and they sync back to the desktop and vice versa, playable in all devices.

I would say check the account and make sure the authorized devices are correct, and if that doesn't work then reinstall Zune. Zune Pass definitely still works.

Izuna

Banned
I would say check the account and make sure the authorized devices are correct, and if that doesn't work then reinstall Zune. Zune Pass definitely still works.

Cool =)

I'll try reinstalling Zune. It might be some sort of certificate problem. I hope it gets sorted out. I can't even download halve the songs I used to from the phone itself.

EDIT: =( have the songs in an album either don't sync, or nothing playing in Zune that came from the phone -- makes no sense that it all works in Xbox Music and not Zune -- Zune plays music from marketplace fine so it sees my Zune Pass

cube444

I guess my next issues would be if they can do the early upgrade and if they can ship to Alberta. One other issue, my wife really does not want me to get a new phone :(

:lol Is that because she will also want a new phone for herself as well?

Here is the number if you wish to talk to the MS store: (885) 270-6581

Izuna

Banned
Guy has several news tiles but three missed calls and you say it has a wonderful personality? Sounds like a jerk to me.

lol!

Well it will have the deepest blacks, largest screen (if that's a good thing) and a much greater battery life. If you don't care about camera, LTE or wireless charging, or holding an ugly phone, it's the best choice. Unless you like Nokia apps of course.

here's a concert I recorded with the 808..warning, its kpop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3E82gSF074

With steady hands 808 is certainly better, but it depends on the concert surely? If you went to one with less light the 920 would be clearer. OIS helps.

Sound quality and picture quality vs. stable video and possible easier to see (raving etc.) -- it's not simply one is better than another I don't think.

thirty

Banned
I knew the Zune to Xbox Music transition wasn't going to be smooth. thank god my Zune pass expires in a few days and I can start a fresh with xbox music. I'm probably gonna spend and entire day arrange my music collection though.

hwalker84

lol!

Well it will have the deepest blacks, largest screen (if that's a good thing) and a much greater battery life. If you don't care about camera, LTE or wireless charging, or holding an ugly phone, it's the best choice. Unless you like Nokia apps of course.

It's on Verizon it'll have LTE. It even says 4gLTE on the back of the phone.

giga

As a photographer, I'm glad that AMOLED is slowly losing mindshare. Blacks and contrast are great, sure, but the colors are so out of whack whenever I look at one of my photos on the Focus. Just completely wrong.

But AMOLED blacks blends in seamlessly with the Metro start screen!

Indeed.

Whooopsie. Although I have to say, I preferred the screen of my 800 next to a 900 due to the PPI.

The checkerboard pattern killed the Galaxy S, though. A high PPI is meaningless if there's a visible pattern on everything caused by low SPPI for reds and blues.

As a photographer, I'm glad that AMOLED is slowly losing mindshare. Blacks and contrast are great, sure, but the colors are so out of whack whenever I look at one of my photos on the Focus. Just completely wrong.

I know of one AMOLED device that is capable of accurate colour reproduction: Galaxy Note II, but that's an Android device. (Use the Movie display profile: it'll look like a regular LCD in terms of saturation.)

gcubed

that has nothing to do with AMOLED and everything to do with the vendor color profile.

gcubed

Eh in general every amoled screen has had saturation issues.

yeah, they aren't perfect, but the glowing eye bleeding colors are a profile issue

i've started to sour on them over the years, but if you have a black based OS, they make it look awesome... at the expensive of whites and other colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom