• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhead

Redarse
Launcher-7.jpg

You know you want it.

*Ugh* Anyone can tell the difference. Never put Metro and another OS side by side.

UvnHw.png

Thanks to Nokia, Bing got a little bit more useful. Even outside the US.

In short, if you launch your Bing Maps (either on the web or your Windows Phone) and enable Traffic, you'll notice two things right away:

New color codes - green, yellow and red (maybe black?)
More detail - Where once only major roads have it, now we're seeing our local streets with live traffic data

Nokia is now offering what was before only available in their Nokia Maps app to everyone who uses Bing. What's more, that info is available in 24 countries including Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK and US.

Now please enable real turn-by-turn navigation, Microsoft.

JaggedSac

I always saw green, yellow, and red. Good about more roads though.

EDIT: Just took a look and Atlanta definitely has more roads with traffic data now. Cool.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Now I just want Nokia to take over Local Scout as well. Using Nokia maps and searching for business you get much more info (for users outside the US).

quaere

Coming up with very different traffic results between Google and Bing. Seems like Bing uses relative speeds, while Google is using absolute speeds, so most local roads are yellow or red on Google and green on Bing. Google's approach seems a bit more useful.

PG2G

Coming up with very different traffic results between Google and Bing. Seems like Bing uses relative speeds, while Google is using absolute speeds, so most local roads are yellow or red on Google and green on Bing. Google's approach seems a bit more useful.

It sounds like Bing is displaying traffic and Google is displaying speed. I guess as long as the Bing directions take speed into account there isn't too much of a difference.

White Plains, NY and Orlando, Fla store locations announced today.

Now more stores open or announced in the eastern timezone than in the pacific timezone.

Sordid

If I bought a Zune Music Pass yearly subscription would I be able to use it on two phones? I'm guessing not but I'd buy it if my fiancé could use it on her phone too (not at the same time obviously)

If I bought a Zune Music Pass yearly subscription would I be able to use it on two phones? I'm guessing not but I'd buy it if my fiancé could use it on her phone too (not at the same time obviously)

Should be able to use it on 3 computers and 3 devices. Though she would have to use your account.

Troll

Banned
Lets not forget that Pure is another Nokia brand and doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a PureView phone.

Our luck it will be the Pure font and not PureView. Instead of phones having great cameras they decided to change the text so that we get Nokia Pure instead of Segoe WP.

PG2G

You'd only be able to stream and download from the associated account. You could sync media with multiple devices though

gcubed

Lets not forget that Pure is another Nokia brand and doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a PureView phone.

man, that screenshot makes my eyes bleed.

Anyway, it seems recently some Nokia models leaked out for Apollo (at least code names). Has there been any actual leaks of the designs? I can't believe some havent leaked out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom