• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Apollo needs to offer 1080p support. It just doesn't make sense to continually be needing updates to support new hardware. Just bake all that in and have the oem go through device certification. Since windows 8 supports 1080p I'm going to assume that Apollo does as well.
For several reasons there's no point

There, are you guys happy now?

eEj8T.png

Inspired by their report, we decided to do some digging into our own analytics information. We spotted at least one of the resolutions in common -- a 1280x768 device from Redmond (aka Microsoft town), just as others have reported. However we also discovered something even more interesting. As you can see in the screen capture above, we found an entry for a Windows Phone with a screen resolution of 1920x1080! We are hesitant though since the resolution was never mentioned in the WPCentral report, which to be honest is probably backed up by sources way above our pay grade. It also didn't come from Redmond, but rather from London, England.
http://www.windowsphonedaily.com/2012/05/exclusive-windows-phone-with-1080p.html

Cipherr

Yes, very happy. Despite what anyone says, supporting 1080p is a good thing. I really dont want to hear those old school "Noone will ever need X" nonsense. People in tech fields or discussions should know better than to say that kind of stuff these days.

I wont complain at all if we start getting 1080p sub 5" phones by next winter.

I thought this discussion was nonsense anyways. Tech in gadgets was never about what people need. Carriers and manufacturers need the next big thing to push new handsets, so they'll grab whatever they can get. Even I don't believe Android needs quad-core CPUs and 2 GB RAM to run well, but the phones are out there. It's a spec war and one of the reasons WP never took off.

In other news:

Microsoft needs a terrible designed blog to remind themselves that they should promote Windows Phone a little bit more.

Before WMPU bitched:
NWQqy.jpg

After the bitching:
IsOvR.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The free 6 months Zune Pass for the Lumia 710 seems to be glitched and is open to everyone

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-zune-pass-for-6-months-1232006?page=1

Hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass, but w00t I did that shit! LOL

My UK addy I used was the US Embassy in London and then grabbed the London Area Code + 1234567.

Only thing legit was my e-mail to get the code. LOL

Just entered and got 3 free months! :p

PS: Yep streaming Belle & Sebastian as we speak through Zune Pass! LOL :D

Walshicus

oh wow, the codes are stackable and i don't think they seem to care about the IMEI numbers being real, as long as they're valid.

too bad it's only a Zune pass hahaha... i could have decades of this stuff

JaggedSac

oh wow, the codes are stackable and i don't think they seem to care about the IMEI numbers being real, as long as they're valid.

too bad it's only a Zune pass hahaha... i could have decades of this stuff

Oh my, I am about to make rake in Zune Pass for life. Shows you how little people care about Zune Pass. This should have been a separate thread by now lol.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wait how do you stack? Like can I just reuse my IEM #? How would I get a 2nd if I can't reuse the one I have?!

PS: I used the US Embassy's address as a joke so I hope that doesn't come back and bite me in the arse. LOL

JaggedSac

Wait how do you stack? Like can I just reuse my IEM #? How would I get a 2nd if I can't reuse the one I have?!

PS: I used the US Embassy's address as a joke so I hope that doesn't come back and bite me in the arse. LOL

Just make up numbers. You can even use the same email address for every one of them. Very silly of them not to have more validation on this thing.

brotkasten said:
I think 5 years are enough for me.

lol

ElNino

I'm using the Canadian Embassy for mine, so hopefully we don't get screwed. LOL

I've done it four times now, not sure how many times I want to try it. It's hilarious that the page remember's the contact info so I don't even have to enter it each time.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
wait, how are you guys doing this? I tried #06# on my phone and it says invalid parameter or something.

did you just make up a number?

ElNino

did you put your real info in?
Only an email address to get the codes (although I haven't redeemed any of mine yet.

Edit: Ok, now that I have 10 codes to use (LOL), is it possible to use Zune pass on the phone using a different Windows ID than your primary one on the phone? I have my primary Live account which is Canadian, and a second US Live account that I setup when I got me Zune HD before you could use a Canadian ID. Can I use the codes on my US account and use that on my phone (and PC/Zune HD) or do I need to use it on my Canadian (primary) account?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
it can't be this easy, can it? I just keep pressing the back button in my browser, using a random IEMI from this generator and it sends me another code. lol.

I'm too scared to use them. The Microsoft ninjas are going to get me, aren't they?

it can't be this easy, can it? I just keep pressing the back button in my browser, using a random IEMI from this generator and it sends me another code. lol.

I'm too scared to use them. The Microsoft ninjas are going to get me, aren't they?

How? It's Nokia's fault for screwing this up. I still got my 4800 MS Points from the T-Mobile WP promo.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Not working for me :(

I've tried a few IMEI codes from that site as well as the one from my phone but it's telling me the field isn't filled out correctly. I used 123456 as the serial on that generator.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I think Nokia has caught on now with that promotion, wish I'd went for more than just one and stacked them.

I got 3 in the end. Most of the emails didn't come through then the site started rejecting IEMI numbers so I guess they caught on.

It was fun while it lasted.

I need to update the FAQ in the OT.

Why aren't podcasts available outside the United States of America?

Official response: "The team here just decided it was not a high priority to enable/invest in at this time. Sorry."​

Sorry guys, you aren't worth shit, even 2 years after the worldwide launch of Zune.

Why isn't the Zune Pass available in Germany?
Because the GEMA, Germany's performance rights organization, wants way too much money for streamed music, therefore it's highly unlikely that Zune Pass will ever launch in Germany. Or at least not in the near future. Sorry.​

To give your guys some perspective: "GEMA sought to raise its fee charged to Youtube to 12 euro cents per streamed video"

12 cent per streamed video. On YouTube.

lol

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

Official response: "The team here just decided it was not a high priority to enable/invest in at this time. Sorry."​

Sorry guys, you aren't worth shit, even 2 years after the worldwide launch of [insert product]

lol

the rest of the world now feels canada's pain. now the healing can begin.

Milchjon

Sorry guys, you aren't worth shit, even 2 years after the worldwide launch of Zune.

Why isn't the Zune Pass available in Germany?
Because the GEMA, Germany's performance rights organization, wants way too much money for streamed music, therefore it's highly unlikely that Zune Pass will ever launch in Germany. Or at least not in the near future. Sorry.​

To give your guys some perspective: "GEMA sought to raise its fee charged to Youtube to 12 euro cents per streamed video"

12 cent per streamed video. On YouTube.

lol

GEMA is the cancer of the digital world. Though I do wonder how Nokia made their Mix Radio happen then. Has been my go to music app in the past few weeks.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm just gonna assume photosynth is busted on focus s phones, since no one else is whining about needing constant calibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom