• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Nokia Facebook post, wtf is going to happen Monday? lol

uUQms.jpg

Nokia garage sale in Honolulu.

Duh.

thirty

Banned
next images, gaming related? ms office related?

can someone Photoshop a pic of Halo and a Dunder Miflen pic with the date 6-18-12

@wpcentral: Update--Sorry folks, we're hearing that this Nokia announcement is *not* related to Microsoft's. http://t.co/8VTkE4Xy

Update -- And we hate to the bearer of bad news but we've heard from a very trusted source that this has nothing to do with Microsoft's announcement come Monday. So what is it? We're told that the area code for Hawaii--808--is the key here. Specifically a new 41MP camera phone called the 808 Pureview--you may have heard of it---that impending announcement is exciting but not for Windows Phone users. Sorry.

Microsoft teases Windows RT
Nokia teases the 808 PureView
Verizon teases FiOS

Bomba Monday.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
All of a sudden I don't care.
Lol. Kinda sucks, I just started caring.
@wpcentral: Update--Sorry folks, we're hearing that this Nokia announcement is *not* related to Microsoft's. http://t.co/8VTkE4Xy

Microsoft teases Windows RT
Nokia teases the 808 PureView
Verizon teases FiOS

Bomba Monday.
You ever have a feeling that everything is gonna suck one day.

Edit.
That explains the Roland TR-808. Yup looks like a new 808 phone.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Yeah, about Wednesday...

You're secretly hoping apollo sucks cause you're in love with that transparent stripe on the surprisingly affordable dual core gingerbread handset, aren't you? AREN'T YOU??11??

You've probably already got the next Android OT worked out with Copernicus and Good Job Matias, don't you?

Joe Belfiore will make you regret your treason on Wednesday.

just make sure when you do the Android OT phone gif, you account for the lag. Maybe have the app crash a few times just to keep things real

giga

We could always pretend to be excited about features that were introduced a week earlier at a separate conference, but why?
Lots of sadness in you I detect. Only insecure Android gaf seems to care about competing platforms. Looks like the plague has affected you from hanging out there now.

Lkr

as a former webos user and current ios user, i'm interested to know what made you guys settle on wp7, just curious

clav

Why does every Microsoft thread regarding Windows 8 or Windows Phone turn into a video game + OS dick comparison thread?

Seems like cynical GAF from E3 was left out to roam forever this year.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
as a former webos user and current ios user, i'm interested to know what made you guys settle on wp7, just curious

I was on Att at the time which means I had iPhone access, but I sort of got swept up by the metro design. I almost got an iPhone a year or two before as my birthday/xmas present since they are in the same month, but I couldn't feel right cause it was when the iPhone was still $400.

At the time too iOS was strictly an Att thing phone wise so Verizon was all on Android. That meant if you were on one carrier and wanted the other you had to switch. The only choice came right before WP was going to launch with Att getting the OG Galaxy S as Samsung was putting a version out on all 4 carriers.

It was the 1st Android offering which was intriguing, but thr Att version of the OG galaxy was screwed for a long time. Lots of small is bugs, and reboot issues. Plus there was a known issue with the GPS being broken. Samsung promised a fix, but it never seem to come.

Then I saw the Samsung Focus which was the Galaxy remix with WP on it. Same basic phone design chasis and hardware, but just fit to WP specs. Since I liked metro, and had taken a liking to the Zune software out of the blue when someone on IGN posted about the 3.0 redux I thought I'd maybe give it a go.

Then I got hyped about the launch, but I didn't preorder or anything cause I was on my family plan. Then like the next day or two after launch I had dinner next to the Att store and mentioned it cause I saw a sign for it. Brought it up on the way home, and mom said you sure you want it? She said she'd go back and get me the phone as a month early Birthday/Xmas present since I needed her to change my info on the family plan anyways.

If they had better Android offerings at the time or I wasn't bored of seeing my family who didn't have work blackberries get their first smartphones/iPhones I might have chosen differently. I could easily see myself going into Att now if I was smartphone less and more clueless like I was back then and getting the One X if this selection of phones was out then. I'm happy with my choice though. I'm just finally ready for a new phone more and more as each month passes this year.

Commodore

I was a previous Zune Pass subscriber, having access to the library on the go was the clincher. I had to give up my iPhone, scary stuff. Ended up being a pleasant surprise, started to enjoy the day to day ease of using my phone, liked how certain tasks were easier than my iPhone, mainly notifications and social network use.

Joe

Does anyone know off the top of their heads if the AT&T unlimited medianet data plan (circa 2004) that I have grandfathered in on my line would transfer over to the OG Samsung Focus? What about the 4g Samsung Flash or the new Nokia Lumia?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask....

AT&T sales rep in chat said yes, I would get unlimited data on any phone I choose as long as I keep paying for it. It seems too good to be true.

Fjolle

Lots of sadness in you I detect. Only insecure Android gaf seems to care about competing platforms. Looks like the plague has affected you from hanging out there now.

Yea. That must be why that other mobile OS OT calls out the competitor in the title. They don't care about the competition... Riiight.

giga

Yea. That must be why that other mobile OS OT calls out the competitor in the title. They don't care about the competition... Riiight.
IOS 6? I don't even know what that title implies but google maps was integrated and is no longer. That's a big deal for better or worse.

And sure there are insecure people for other parts here. Im saying to not go down that route.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Does anyone know off the top of their heads if the AT&T unlimited medianet data plan (circa 2004) that I have grandfathered in on my line would transfer over to the OG Samsung Focus? What about the 4g Samsung Flash or the new Nokia Lumia?

AT&T sales rep in chat said yes, I would get unlimited data on any phone I choose as long as I keep paying for it. It seems too good to be true.
No idea. I guess you could always call their support line and try to double check his info.

PG2G

Yes, but unlimited data isn't unlimited. It is 3 gigs for 3g plans and 5 gigs for lte

Commodore

Here's another depressing image:

u5UlH.jpg

Ya know the odd thing? If these images are for the 808 PureVideo, why the hell is Nokia's US facebook page teasing them?

E: Yup, its an 808 State album cover.

t3p9y.jpg

They teasing a US bound PureView phone?

clav

If a sales rep said it, get it in writing and signed. A lot of them just want to make sales since that's the primary objective.

bananas

Banned

lol, I made that thread. The title is a reference to a meme and about Google Maps being taken out of iOS.

I own an iPhone, but I also own a Windows Phone as well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom