• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontieruk

That's what I'm worried about. What are the implications of that?

If the phone thinks its a new pc it'll create a new images/video folder and sync to that, nothing will be deleted from the phone, Zune pass music is linked to the account not the phone though I'm not sure how they manage devices.

But generally you're good to go.

hwalker84

Update: I got a new Lumia 900.

I went to the store and the ATT Rep dialed the warranty exchange department and handed me the headset. I was waiting on the phone for so long (30 mins) the rep at the store said hang up we'll give you a brand new one.

Now MS needs a backup and restore option so bad.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Yeah I'm aware of that app and I'm using it as we speak it still doesn't bring back all my game saves, OS settings, etc. That is what I'm referring to when I say MS needs to develop proper backup and restore features.

i wouldn't mind have a proper cloud backup every now and then. even if it replaces the backup before it.

hwalker84

i wouldn't mind have a proper cloud backup every now and then. even if it replaces the backup before it.

Is there a Skydrive api that developers can tap into? If your save data went to Skydrive I wouldn't mind using Reinstaller. Anyway luckily I saved my home screen and app list in skydrive + reinstaller and now i'm all set.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I have a super annoying problem with visual voicemail that requires a hard reset to fix and the lack of true backup has kept me from doing the reset. I'm hoping the tango update we will get later this week/month fixes the issue.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I have a super annoying problem with visual voicemail that requires a hard reset to fix and the lack of true backup has kept me from doing the reset. I'm hoping the tango update we will get later this week/month fixes the issue.

Tango this week would be AWESOME! I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

That's t-mobile though. At&t seems to not give a flying funk.

AT&T is their premier carrier. As such, they're taking extra care and time, making sure everything works and won't break your phone and their network. Unlike those other peasant mobile carriers who don't care and just push everything out, regardless of the quality. That's why some things at AT&T take a bit longer, but it's worth it.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Whats the issue?

Keeps asking me to enter my visual voicemail password every single time I open the phone app, but I dont have a "supported device" so I'm not supposed to have that feature. After many hours on the phone with them, they just told me to reset the entire thing. They rather me lose all my texts and game saves than enable visual voicemail for me.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Lol, he sounds so defeated. He throws hissy fits whenever he doesn't have the scoop, and he won't be there to cover it, so of course he would want to downplay it. He is like the exact opposite of an apple blogger.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Oh god the rage for later is palpable already in the air with so many people saying MS over hyped and under delivered despite it being basically the media spinning things out of control and a fair share of those people hating everything MS does anyways. LOL

Tonight should be glorious in that regard! LOL

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Thurrott's coming to grips with years of meh. He's now a bitter man.
Mainstream Tech Blogs:

fuBwo.jpg

Paul Thurrott:

GvnTW.jpg

Milchjon

Dunno whether I am more excited about Surface or the fact that MS actually delivered.

They do need to find a way to make it look thinner, though. I mean the RT version is thinner than the 3rd gen iPad, the Pro version is about as thick as the 1st one, yet they always look chunkier.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
man the salt in that thread is amazing. surprise no one had a heart attack due to high blood pressure yet. but man, once ballmer showed windows RT i was like "fuck what a waste" then windows full, and i lost my shit. can't wait to see what apollo brings. really sad i didn't find out the price though.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
MS is on a roll, now on to Apollo.

My only problem is that it'll be years until the full Win8 Intel tablets are price-competitive with Arm-based ones. I can't bring myself to buy the WinRT version, no matter how hard I try. Maybe for my wife....

Milchjon

I know I'm not too well versed when it comes to smartphone prices, but $699 for an unlocked 808 PureView sounds pretty expensive to me. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom