• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Hmm...noticing something about the screen in 1020. It can be a bit motion blurry when scrolling pages like GAF.

Anyone notices this?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Hmm...noticing something about the screen in 1020. It can be a bit motion blurry when scrolling pages like GAF.

Anyone notices this?

Yes, kinda bugs me.

525 officially announced.

Hmm. Would've hoped for them to add a little more than just double RAM.

iwG6AEDwKuY0S.jpg

Good looking device, prefer the more squared off edge to the rounded 620.

Milchjon

The Moto G is clearly the better phone. There's no reason to recommend the 525 over the Moto G.

Free offline maps. So for my mom for example it would still make more sense. Then again, she could just pay a bit more for a "real" Lumia.

Don't disagree in principle, of course.

Edit: Okay, for that price difference you could probably get a decent offline map solution on Android.

Free offline maps. So for my mom for example it would still make more sense. Then again, she could just pay a bit more for a "real" Lumia.

Don't disagree in principle, of course.

Edit: Okay, for that price difference you could probably get a decent offline map solution on Android.

like NavFree, which has free offline maps... there are others, but i haven't tried them...

and still no front camera on the 525?

hadareud

The Translator
How good are those free ones though?

Here is rather excellent, probably the best navigation tool I've used.

Not that the navigation software will make a big (or any) impact on sales. The reason that the 520 sold so well was its price, nothing else. Now that there's serious competition I'm sure that will have a big effect on the numbers the 525 can push.

That said, I don't think that the better screen resolution of the Moto G will have much of an impact either.

PG2G

They should have just rolled with with the 520 until the 530 was ready. Unless there is a reason they don't want people buying more 512 meg devices... Lol

Just tried what was as far as I'm aware, every possible way to write my number in the new version of 6snap and still no verification text.

Shame

hadareud

The Translator
Thurrott says the 525 isn't coming to the US either. So I can only assume there's another device in the pipeline.

Maybe they figure that it would make more sense to launch both a low end device and a high end device with WP8.1 in Q1. Maybe a mid-range one too, to have something for everyone together with a big marketing push for the upgraded OS.

I would agree with them. The 525 and the 625 are both pretty pointless, considering there's nothing wrong with the 520 and the 620 and that they both launched this year.

Google Maps does offer offline maps but instead of downloading the entire state like Here Maps, you download little areas. A pain but you can download many areas for offline use.

So, can someone familiar with snapchat/6snap answer this?

As I posted before, I couldn't get a verification text for contacts, so I just pressed on the show me contacts without entering my number. It shows me my contacts that have snapchats and I can add them. So, what was the reason for entering my number? Will other people not be able to see my snapchat account by just looking at their contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom