• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a caveman, use a dedicated player for music. A Sansa Clip+ is better than nearly every phone out there and costs $40. Plus, battery lasts for over a week, depending on your music playing habits.

I don't know what you mean "being a caveman". I listen to music from both mp3 and Pandora. I don't think I need to carry another device just to listen to music when any phone should be able to do that.

flippedb

Banned
I don't know what you mean "being a caveman". I listen to music from both mp3 and Pandora. I don't think I need to carry another device just to listen to music when any phone should be able to do that.

I guess you're one of those who use the bundled headset to listen to music.

I guess you're one of those who use the bundled headset to listen to music.

Not sure what you're getting at. No, I don't use a bundle headset. I have a cheap Sony headphone that can get a job done. Listening to music on the phone fits my lifestyle and Lumia 920 is very shit at that. I mean, when you need a work around to create a playlist and it is impossible to add songs to an existing playlist, something is seriously wrong.

Milchjon

What bundled headset?

Screen-Shot-2013-05-24-at-01.14.39.jpg

I actually like them.

Do American Lumias not come with them?

ElNino

No we get subsidized phone. At&t need to make money.
The 1020 from Rogers came with them as well, so it's really just At&t.

I actually find them to be decent and have been using them when I'm out instead of my Klipsch headphones as they sound very similar but have inline controls. When I'm at home though I use my V-Moda headphones.

Don't be a caveman, use a dedicated player for music. A Sansa Clip+ is better than nearly every phone out there and costs $40. Plus, battery lasts for over a week, depending on your music playing habits.

I fail to see how wanting one device in your pocket that does everything you want it to is 'being a caveman'.

I love my Dell Venue Pro 8. Great battery life, play Hearthstone, Steam and streaming Spotify plus having full browser.

Have you tried out the Venue Pro 11? Any comments on that one, like how good the screen is? I need a bigger tablet than an 7" or 8" unfortunately, it's going to be used for watching movies and anime.

hadareud

The Translator
The S2 is fantastic, a real step up from the S1. I've had both and I can highly recommend it.

The Nokia tablet should be good too, but I'd wait for some reviews.

All the other W8 tablets look a bit poo to me (and the reviews seem to confirm that).

Also, W8 Pro (imo) is overkill on a tablet. There's nothing other than Steam that I'm missing on my S2. Before I started using RT I thought that I'd need the Pro, but I've completely changed my mind. I'd like a few more games, but then again, I probably wouldn't be playing them anyway.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I asked on the gaming side but it moves too quickly for me to keep up: what happened to cboats predictions about something catastrophic happening for the Xbox launch? Seems like it went smoother than the ps4 launch.

hadareud

The Translator
I asked on the gaming side but it moves too quickly for me to keep up: what happened to cboats predictions about something catastrophic happening for the Xbox launch? Seems like it went smoother than the ps4 launch.

It came from the same place as several of his other predictions, I think.

MCD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91126897&postcount=13677
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91154769&postcount=13993

Some of his posts got deleted along with the old corrinne yu thread. No cache available.

Basically, people were calling him out in there so thread got derailed and deleted.

I fail to see how wanting one device in your pocket that does everything you want it to is 'being a caveman'.

Have you tried out the Venue Pro 11? Any comments on that one, like how good the screen is? I need a bigger tablet than an 7" or 8" unfortunately, it's going to be used for watching movies and anime.

If that's all you'll be using it for you can't go wrong with the Surface 2.

I use mine mostly for crunchyroll streaming and the screen is fantastic.

this_guy

I fail to see how not wanting your music to sound as it was intended makes you any more civilized.

I don't see how not using a Sansa Clip as an mp3 player makes you a caveman. No reason to talk in a condescending manner to other gaf members when you make a ridiculous point like this.

Valus

So for some reason now when I unplug the phone from the charger each morning it says the battery is only half full? When I go to the battery tab it says only 56% percent or so is charged, after a full night's charging. What could be causing this to happen? :(

edit: on the 1020 that's only like a week old.

SuperBonk

After a few days with the 1520, I'm really liking it. Screen is beautiful and I love reading on it.

Here's hoping the ecosystem catches up and keeps up with the others. Kindle app is kind of underwhelming.

PG2G

Windows Phone GAF... I am getting bored. I need a leak or some shit.

Thank god for Xbox One or I wouldn't know what to do with myself

Windows Phone GAF... I am getting bored. I need a leak or some shit.

Thank god for Xbox One or I wouldn't know what to do with myself

Some retweets from Tom Warren early today, apparently MS said they were releasing Xbox Video by the end of last week, but it never happened.

...That's all I got. When do you guys think they will show off 8.1?

ReRixo

Banned
So I'm still using an Omnia 7 with WP 7.8, but I'm pretty sick of missing out on so many apps. By the time they come to WP the apps are dead and there's no excitement about them, so you really do miss out on app discovery. I love the UI, and Office is great, but it's just not enough any more. Are you guys happy with WP8? Is there really that much improvement over WP7? I'm upgrading in the next couple of weeks and it's not looking likely I'll stick with WP - problem is I think Anroid/iOS have the shittiest and most outdated UIs possible in the current market.

PG2G

Some retweets from Tom Warren early today, apparently MS said they were releasing Xbox Video by the end of last week, but it never happened.

...That's all I got. When do you guys think they will show off 8.1?

Probably not til MWC in February... :'(

I am interested in seeing how Xbox Video looks, probably give hs an idea of what to expect from the Xbox Music app. The current one looks absolutely nothing like the Windows, iOS, and Android ones.

PG2G

Are you guys happy with WP8? Is there really that much improvement over WP7? I'm upgrading in the next couple of weeks and it's not looking likely I'll stick with WP - problem is I think Anroid/iOS have the shittiest and most outdated UIs possible in the current market.

Outside of the Zune to Xbox Music downgrade, WP8 is heads and shoulders above WP7.x

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Are you guys really that excited at the chance to buy videos from Microsoft? Or does Xbox video offer anything else?

I have got a lot of videos from Xbox Video. It would be nice to have the option to put it on my phone. Also why does it matter that it is from MS? No different than getting from iTunes.

Vyer

Kinda sad that the doom and gloom prediction thread became an event but there doesn't seem much noise about how wrong that 'information' was.

Eh, somehow I don't mind paying for music but I don't think I will ever purchase an individual movie or TV show again. I can always listen to music while doing something else like driving to work, browsing the internet, or playing a game. But for movies and TV I have to devote all of my attention to it, and I don't have enough time/interest to do that more than once for any movie or TV show. And I'm not going to pay money to watch one episode of a TV show once.

J. Bravo

Explain further, please.

I plug my phone into my computer. then open up my phone using the desktop app. select a file and hit save to computer. where does it save?

doesn't exactly matter now, since I found I can just drag and drop files using file explorer.

It seems like the Dell Venue Pro 11 isn't released yet? You can order it but it is apparently not shipping until 12/30/13.

I would like to compare the Dell and the Surface Pro 2, since the Dell is currently about $150 cheaper for the equivalent 128 GB version with Core i5 CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom