• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Music app needs a ton of work. Easily the worst thing about the update. Also how do background tasks work now, since there is no settings for them?

José Mourinho;108139011 said:
Nope, it's still there.

When you clicked the ... on an open image there would be a "save to skydrive" option - I ain't seeing it.
You might have been able to do it by tap/holding on a thumbnail, but I can't remember.

When you clicked the ... on an open image there would be a "save to skydrive" option - I ain't seeing it.
You might have been able to do it by tap/holding on a thumbnail, but I can't remember.
Ah right, for individual images. Sure enough, its not there. I thought you meant the auto upload to OneDrive which is in the picture hub settings.

For the action center I only get notifications from email, sms, calendar, etc --basic phone built-in functions. Every app (for example: Messenger) needs to be updated to integrate with this right?

I think so, but I know 6tag, Facebook, and (Facebook) Messenger are supported for me.

PG2G

For the action center I only get notifications from email, sms, calendar, etc --basic phone built-in functions. Every app (for example: Messenger) needs to be updated to integrate with this right?

Anything that receives push notifications should show up there.

Yeah I like the update for the most part... but RIP Messaging Hub.

We had fun.

I loved the seamless switching between SMS, Messenger and FB messaging, the one stop shop for all my text messages from all over the internet. I'm guess they'll add Skype so it'll work like it did with Live Messenger in the hub with the next update? That would salvage a lot...

Brot was wrong, 3 columns are niiiiiiiiiice, I even love the new background style

No, you're wrong.

Music app needs a ton of work. Easily the worst thing about the update. Also how do background tasks work now, since there is no settings for them?

The settings for background tasks are now in the batter saver app.

Where are my podcasts?

Gone. But there's a new app. Give it a try.

dLMN8R

Ok now that it's out I can finally disclose the secret best feature that no one has apparently talked about.

MESSAGING SEARCH

Yes. That's right. You can now search text messages :-D

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
This feels like a brand new phone. Fantastic work MS. I'm definitely not switching platforms now. So glad I resisted the urge to use my upgrade on an android device.

Ape

Banned
This feels like a brand new phone. Fantastic work MS. I'm definitely not switching platforms now. So glad I resisted the urge to use my upgrade on an android device.

Yeah they did a good job at bringing it up to date with the other platforms and leading in some places. Can't wait for the 1020 2.0.

Yeah they did a good job at bringing it up to date with the other platforms and leading in some places. Can't wait for the 1020 2.0.

Can we now go into Android and Android device threads and post "If only it would run Windows Phone"?

when someone burgled my apartment last year, they stole my KIN2 and HTC Trophy. The PS3 and 360 games I understand. But a KIN and a old HTC Trophy? COME ON.

Luckily all your text messages were backed up in the cloud, before it was called that. The KIN Studio looked so good!

jagowar

I think I am going to hold off.... as much as I want some of those features running a preview on my only phone would not be a good idea if something goes wrong since there is no way to revert back.

Used to have a Windows Phone (WP7), and then switched to Android. Thinking of upgrading to an 8.1 phone in the future. Can anyone with a high end quad-core Lumia device with 2 GB RAM speak on the performance differences/speed in comparison to a lower end dual-core WP with 1GB of RAM? Are loading times shorter? Does it still do that "Resuming..." thing when you reopen an app that was already open sometimes?

Nero3000

So here's a weird one. My microphone refuses to work outside of a phone call...and even then only when I don't have headphones plugged in).

Anyone got any suggestions (925 btw)?

derExperte

I think I am going to hold off.... as much as I want some of those features running a preview on my only phone would not be a good idea if something goes wrong since there is no way to revert back.

It's not really a preview in the sense Windows 8 preview was one, is it? This is final but right now only available through the dev channel.

It's not really a preview in the sense Windows 8 preview was one, is it? This is final but right now only available through the dev channel.

Yep. This is the RTM that's being send to the OEMs to put on their devices and then add their stuff with via firmware afterwards. That's why the Lumia Black firmware is not affected by the OS update (which, just on a technical level, is pretty awesome when you think about it) and you'll still get the Lumia Cyan firmware update, whenever has it ready.

Razdek

Banned
Tried the 3 column layout and went back to the 2. Nothing I tried made it look good or functional the way I wanted. 3 column layout is ugly and there is nothing you can do about it.

Odd, I have alot of apps in my Applist which are greyed out as if they are installing, yet they aren't.

Edit: aaand, a restart fixed it for most of them

catmincer

Used to have a Windows Phone (WP7), and then switched to Android. Thinking of upgrading to an 8.1 phone in the future. Can anyone with a high end quad-core Lumia device with 2 GB RAM speak on the performance differences/speed in comparison to a lower end dual-core WP with 1GB of RAM? Are loading times shorter? Does it still do that "Resuming..." thing when you reopen an app that was already open sometimes?

It never does the resuming thing on my 1520. There is a performance difference between a high spec Lumia and the lower spec ones.

Bullza2o

Here's a screenshot of my action center settings. As you can see, there are no other apps besides these.
aSTat1f.jpg

Did I do something wrong or was this a terrible mistake during the update process?

Here's a screenshot of my action center settings. As you can see, there are no other apps besides these.

Did I do something wrong or was this a terrible mistake during the update process?

Joe hates you.

I think mine didn't show up in there until I launched the apps for the first time since the update.

NeOak

Facebook doesn't appear for me and I'm pissed because I can't under the Me tile for quick notifications of Facebook anymore D:

I'm not sure what to think of the new color in the notification bar. The 80% K looks a bit off, but nice at the same time. It's also the same color for the light and dark theme, which is interesting!

Also, the call button right at the bottom is a bit weird. It's going to take a while to get used to it. Muscle memory and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom