• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero3000

Have you tried a soft reset?

Btw, the update gave me back almost two GB of data. Other has basically disappeared.

Soft reset? You mean power + volume buttons? yeah.

So the microphone works when you call someone, unless you plug in headphones then it stops.

icMfNTD.jpg

Nice!

Magni

So when I turn off WiFi, I have the option to turn it back on "near my favorite places". How exactly do I set these?

edit: Cortana > notebook > places.

edit2: How do I get Cortana to learn that I don't have a car (she should know that just from me living in NYC!) and give me subway directions rather than driving directions? And even when I explicitly mention "subway", why does she insist on giving me bus directions?

Google Now is pretty much the only thing I miss from my short interlude with Android, specifically for my commute. Hoping MS improves Cortana for urban dwellers soon.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Hope they update Xbox Music soon. Even Xbox Video got updated with the updated font size. Cortana actually works pretty good for playing music.

So Cortana is pretty awesome. While I was messing around with her and asking her to sing, I accidently said "Play me a song" instead of "Sing me a song" and she instantly went into Xbox Music and played all the songs listed under the "Other" genre I have set.

Ape

Banned
Notification center isn't accessible from the multitasking view. That's almost as random as a pizza background picture.

derExperte

Has anyone else the problem that wifi doesn't disconnect shortly after the phone goes to sleep anymore? Looks like the setting where you could change that behaviour is gone.

Chorazin

Damn 8.1 is good shit! I wish Cortana was a bit more...lively, but other than that I'm loving everything and it's running flawlessly on my 1020.

Seems Xbox Music is back to automatically pulling down metadata, only now there doesn't seem to be a setting to stop it. Pain the arse given that it's wrong half the time.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Just noticed that games now appear in the app list. That's good, a few people I know had trouble finding games they downloaded because they didn't show up on the app list.

Razdek

Banned
Played with Cortana for a bit on my mom's phone and I don't think it's as good as Google Now but I understand it's a beta. The needs to be a better way to trigger it rather than having to press the button and the directions it gave were off or it choose a store that wasn't the closest.

Anyone know what dimension of image is used for the Background Images? I'm Making a background in Photoshop now and want to get it right.

zedge

Seriously impressed with 8.1. Music sucks as others have said but over all its great.
Hopefully Cortana is supported outside the US soon. Getting the weather in ferinheight sucks. :(

Ask Cortana what does the fox say?. :) Have the extra tiles enable on my 920 really like. Now get proper google apps and I may switch fulltime. Among others.

ubHj86q.jpg

catmincer

Seriously impressed with 8.1. Music sucks as others have said but over all its great.
Hopefully Cortana is supported outside the US soon. Getting the weather in ferinheight sucks. :(

Ask Cortana what does the fox say?. :) Have the extra tiles enable on my 920 really like. Now get proper google apps and I may switch fulltime. Among others.

ubHj86q.jpg

Tell Cortana you want the weather in Celsius. She obliges.

So yeah, I am really liking the new sound effects that the phone plays. They feel more soothing to the ears then the old ones. Also I decided to wing the dimensions, Pretty much I just went for my Phones resolution and it worked perfectly.

I have also learned that I should probably rearrange and replace my tiles so that I can see more of the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom