• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I saw Tom Warren tweet something about that Vergecast, but wasn't sure what happened. Mary Jo has claimed about the weight, but surely it weighs less than the 920, and if that's the case I'm sure it is fine.

I'll try to find that tweet, because I definitely missed it. Meanwhile, the Nokia X is going full steam ahead and it's definitely going to be unveiled, before Microsoft closes the acquisition by the end of March.

WyJngWz.png

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/02/18/mwc-2014-conversations-live-webcast/

e: Warren only mentioned that Nilay talked to the SBNation muppets, but nothing about his rant against the Icon.

Maybe it was about something else?

From 6 days ago.

Oh, that was something else. Vergecast =/= Verge Mobile Show. Apparently on the previous episode, the hosts of the Mobile Show said something wrong-ish and Tom complained about it on Twitter and last week the guys made fun of it and Tom basically played along. While the guys on the Mobile Show aren't really negative towards Windows Phone, I really wish they'd still invite Tom.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, that was something else. Vergecast =/= Verge Mobile Show. Apparently on the previous episode, the hosts of the Mobile Show said something wrong-ish and Tom complained about it on Twitter and last week the guys made fun of it and Tom basically played along. While the guys on the Mobile Show aren't really negative towards Windows Phone, I really wish they'd still invite Tom.

Ah I see. He definitely should be on the show.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Black should be coming to the 920 on Rogers today. Also the 625 on Telus should have it now as well. Good to see the 625 on Fido, which is Fido's first WP.

hadareud

The Translator
I used to think the same before I discovered autopager in Firefox roughly at the same time as I found out how much it sucked to scroll through long pages on a touch screen and how GAF and Dolphin/Android weren't friends.

But don't worry, you only live 4 years in the past Brot.

maeh2k

Recode is saying no new WP devices at MWC btw, in case any of you were expecting something

Not that shocking seeing how we recently learned that WP8.1 won't be out till summer. Launching new phones with the new OS would make sense.

PG2G

You know, it would really make my day if the Bing Podcast app in Windows Phone 8.1 would also come to Windows 8... and sync subscriptions and state across devices. That would pretty much be the greatest thing ever

Ape

Banned
You know, it would really make my day if the Bing Podcast app in Windows Phone 8.1 would also come to Windows 8... and sync subscriptions and state across devices. That would pretty much be the greatest thing ever

Port begging is bannable ;)

Milchjon

:-/

Sounds like it's also a bit more limited than I'd wish for.

I wanna be able to put a ton of these things on all kinds of stuff and use it like a detector for things that I stuff into shelves and then forget where I put them. They'd need to be much cheaper too.

EVleaks is such a weird tweeter.

Because he's trying to make money? I don't really mind his sponsored tweets as long as they're labeled as such.

:-/

Sounds like it's also a bit more limited than I'd wish for.

I wanna be able to put a ton of these things on all kinds of stuff and use it like a detector for things that I stuff into shelves and then forget where I put them. They'd need to be much cheaper too.

I feel like it needs to be a bit smaller. 30 x 30 does not fit into everyones pocket these days (then again, fuck skinny jeans) and the limitation of only 4 tags is annoying. But the price is what really kills it, imo.

Milchjon

Because he's trying to make money? I don't really mind his sponsored tweets as long as they're labeled as such.

Not those, but the money begging in between and the personal vendettas every now and then.

Edit: 5 for 20 bucks, no limit on the number, a way to switch between a "reminder" and a "search/detection" mode, and these things may have almost been a killer app.

Milchjon

From The Verge:

Nokia says “there will also be third-party applications for Treasure Tag to support Android and iOS devices"

Edit: Oh, that's from the Nokia announcement.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Congrats!

Also, Pandora just emailed me to let me know that they will run ads now on the windows phone client. Hey, it was a lot longer than we expected in terms of ad free music when the app launched can't complain.

Chorazin

Thanks man! I got bored with iOS after a few years, switched to Android for a few years, now I'm here on Windows Phone. Hopefully it'll stick around for three years! :p

I'm trying out Xbox Music to see if I like it more with Spotify since it's integrated into the OS pretty well. Seems like they have almost all the same music Spotify does, minus the rare Spotify exclusive. Anyone had any bad experiences with the service yet?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Action centre looks nice.

Rubino on twitter said that the vid is from a build that is a few weeks old and that some things have changed.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Thanks man! I got bored with iOS after a few years, switched to Android for a few years, now I'm here on Windows Phone. Hopefully it'll stick around for three years! :p

I'm trying out Xbox Music to see if I like it more with Spotify since it's integrated into the OS pretty well. Seems like they have almost all the same music Spotify does, minus the rare Spotify exclusive. Anyone had any bad experiences with the service yet?

I jumped from iPhone to android to windows phone myself. In terms of Xbox music pass, I use it and like it. I have an Xbox and a surface and two windows 8 machines, so it works well for me. It also works on my iPad and Nexus 7, though the functionality on those devices is more limited. I'm looking at Beats since its cheaper, but its going to be tough to beat an integrated solution.

kazinova

Okay it happened again, phone dead in 3 hours of "use" (Looked at the phone twice for a minute or two and then back in the pocket). I didn't use any app other than twitter, IE and Readit. Is Readit the culprit?

Maybe a new phone is more needed than I thought...

Okay it happened again, phone dead in 3 hours of "use" (Looked at the phone twice for a minute or two and then back in the pocket). I didn't use any app other than twitter, IE and Readit. Is Readit the culprit?

Maybe a new phone is more needed than I thought...

If your battery drains very quickly (I have an app installed that notifies me about that), try to restart the phone.

Chorazin

I jumped from iPhone to android to windows phone myself. In terms of Xbox music pass, I use it and like it. I have an Xbox and a surface and two windows 8 machines, so it works well for me. It also works on my iPad and Nexus 7, though the functionality on those devices is more limited. I'm looking at Beats since its cheaper, but its going to be tough to beat an integrated solution.

I have a Xbox and Surface too, which is why this was really appealing.

One thing that's weird: I downloaded some albums for offline play in the Xbox Music app, but the Xbox Music + Videos app kept trying to stream it, until I downloaded it again though that app specific. Kind of a weird solution, but now that I know how to make it work I'm good to go.

I have a Xbox and Surface too, which is why this was really appealing.

One thing that's weird: I downloaded some albums for offline play in the Xbox Music app, but the Xbox Music + Videos app kept trying to stream it, until I downloaded it again though that app specific. Kind of a weird solution, but now that I know how to make it work I'm good to go.

they are separate, and I'm pretty sure one cannot talk to the other. Silly, I know.

Chorazin

they are separate, and I'm pretty sure one cannot talk to the other. Silly, I know.

That is silly, especially since the X+V app can see all the stuff in the cloud. Maybe it'll get fixed in 8.1. /shrug

Oh well, I figured out the workaround and I'll just have to redownload a few albums. I usually just download new stuff and favorites, and stream the rest.

Sign into skydrive guys, they're giving a free 100GB upgrade for a year for the first 100,000 people that do.

edit: I did it from a PC and it updated my available space automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom