• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign into skydrive guys, they're giving a free 100GB upgrade for a year for the first 100,000 people that do.

edit: I did it from a PC and it updated my available space automatically.

Uh, how does this work? I signed in this morning and got the notifications for the extra 3GB of space, which I got, but saw nothing on 100GB.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I got the extra 100, but it is kinda useless for me since I will never fill that and it goes away in a year. If it was permanent that would be awesome.

NeOak

Uh, how does this work? I signed in this morning and got the notifications for the extra 3GB of space, which I got, but saw nothing on 100GB.

It was only for the first 100,000 to sign in. It was gone in less than 30 mins.

Oh and:

Nokia Lumia Icon review: a big step forward for Windows Phone

The Lumia Icon is the platform's new poster child, offering specs that would make even the most discerning of power users drool. That includes Nokia's 20-megapixel PureView camera, a 5-inch 1080p display, top-of-the-line quad-core Snapdragon processor, 32GB of internal storage, 2GB of RAM and a 2,420mAh battery, to name just a few specs. You can check out the full list below, but for now, you get the idea.

inb4 brot.

It was only for the first 100,000 to sign in. It was gone in less than 30 mins.

Dammit. Where did you guys see this news? Bob Dobalina posted in this thread at 1:13 PM CST, and I've been signed into Skydrive all day, as I sign into it every morning.

Sorry, just frustrated, I feel like my account has something wrong with it. I've not gotten ANY of the bonuses that MS has handed out (Windows Phone early adopter, Outlook early adopter, etc.) even though I always qualify :mad:

EDIT: Just saw the thread on it. Such bullshit, I could absolutely use that space.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Missed out on that, although like the poster above, it doesn't really appeal to me if it goes away after one year. I have a measly 50gb. I also have 50gb on box.net, and that's where I keep my 1020 photos.

Chorazin

Aww, I didn't get a Sky/OneDrive code with my RT, but that's cuz it was refurbished.

Huh. Flickr. I should probably go back there one of these days since I actually have a decent camera in the 1020.

ElNino

no glance/no double tap that's a good excuse to not buy it.
I like glance, but I don't use double tap on my 1020. I find it too inconsistent when I'm trying to use it and then it sometimes activates by accident. Not sure how much the battery draw is for it (probably not much), but I prefer to just turn it off and use only side button.

Ape

Banned
Got the 100gb. Logged in for a second account and it was gone. What happens after the year if I eat into the 100gb? Does it delete the oldest or newest content?

Milchjon

What's up with Americans not knowing WhatsApp? Or is this just cause it's GAF, where people are still proud of the fact they don't have a Facebook account?

Milchjon

And I haven't really used iOS/Android, but how does their "integrate iMessage/Hangouts with SMS" work differently from what we got with the Messaging hub?

Does anybody else keep getting emails saying their Microsoft account needs to reconnect to Twitter? I've had them three days on the bounce now. Getting to be quite irritating.

MarkusRJR

So I go to recycle my busted Ativ S at my carrier and suddenly the screen starts working again. The fuck? It's basically operating totally fine now. What the fuck?

For background info, my phone would start to turn off the screen on it's own in a pretty badass manner (horizontal black lines would gradually appear and expand until the screen turned all black and the display turned off). Over time it happened more and more until my screen wouldn't turn on anymore. I tried get it working by multiple methods until I decided it was basically fucked.

It's been a whole day and I haven't had the weird black line issue at all. I'm gonna go back to using this as my main phone for a while. So weird.

Vyer

What's up with Americans not knowing WhatsApp? Or is this just cause it's GAF, where people are still proud of the fact they don't have a Facebook account?

Unlimited/free texting, lots of iPhones or Galaxy devices, Facebook messaging. Anecdotally, the only chat app that I've ever seen with any kind of popularity is Snapchat.

Tomcat

José Mourinho;101541128 said:
Does anybody else keep getting emails saying their Microsoft account needs to reconnect to Twitter? I've had them three days on the bounce now. Getting to be quite irritating.

yeah me too.

hadareud

The Translator
I use whatsapp with my friends abroad. Sending SMS abroad isn't free.

Also, everyone in your phonebook that uses whatsapp is automatically on your list since it's based on your phone number and not an account.

And it's reliable and works even in the worst network conditions.

Still, if it's worth 19 billion, Skype was a bloody bargain. Similar if not larger user-base and a model that actually brings in some money, unlike whatsapp.

maeh2k

I use whatsapp with my friends abroad. Sending SMS abroad isn't free.

Also, everyone in your phonebook that uses whatsapp is automatically on your list since it's based on your phone number and not an account.

And it's reliable and works even in the worst network conditions.

Still, if it's worth 19 billion, Skype was a bloody bargain. Similar if not larger user-base and a model that actually brings in some money, unlike whatsapp.

WhatsApp has a looot more active users and those active users are a looot more active than Skype users. Skype is basically already in decline. I know lots of people who have an account, but most don't actually use it. Even the ones who have it installed on their phones.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I had an interview for a promotion today, and my phone died overnight so the alarm never went off. Good thing my wife woke me up. The universe is trying to tell me something, guys.

YVJbc1J.png

This is killing me.

hadareud

The Translator
WhatsApp has a looot more active users and those active users are a looot more active than Skype users. Skype is basically already in decline. I know lots of people who have an account, but most don't actually use it. Even the ones who have it installed on their phones.

Any actual numbers on this? Because two years ago Skype had over 650 million users and I genuinely don't know anyone with a smartphone that doesn't have Skype, especially if they have a job.

YVJbc1J.png

This is killing me.

You know what?

I like it.

Just showed it to my gf and she loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom