• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WindowsCentral: Xbox is quietly building a cloud gaming dominance that could see it lead a $40 billion industry in just ten years

Draugoth

Gold Member
ZXvn48HRojuh6ff43UDS6T-970-80.jpg.webp

• Bloomberg Intelligence is a firm that that delivers analysis on a variety of industries to help investors.
  • A recent report from the firm shared to us describes how the cloud gaming market (that Bloomberg describes as cloud streaming gaming or CSG) could expand to become a $40 billion industry in the next ten years.
  • Bloomberg cites markets like India leading the way. Coupled with the roll out of more powerful internet options, traditional console gaming plays second fiddle to mobile play in the region.
  • Bloomberg analysists describe how Xbox is poised to lead the way in the segment, but warn against strong competition from PlayStation and NVIDIA.

Bloomberg Intelligence recently produced a report on the state of the cloud gaming industry, and if their predictions are accurate, Microsoft could be heading for a big payday.

Source

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So why its still shit experience, give us the Nvidia level cloud experience, if you truly believe in it.

It can be done, giber is getting way more adoption then it was when this gen's consoles launched

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Wow. Like clockwork the xbox puff pieces are starting. Also, isn't Sonys cloud gaming better that xboxs?
If streaming to your console, yes. If streaming to other screens (phone, laptop, TV without console), then it doesn't have a horse in the race.

ssringo

If that's true them expect Microsoft to shut down whoever would've actually propelled them to that dominance.

HogIsland

I believe they're going to try, and the UK/CMA was right to hold up the Activision acquisition over it. But I don't think they're going to succeed. The pushback against cloud is way stronger than I expected. Google actually did a lot right with Stadia imo and it was a total flop in the market. MS isn't gonna make that up in 10 years, and their tech is worse than Google's.

Quietly? They speak more about how and where you play than what you actually play. If it’s not cloud, it’s game pass, if it’s not game pass it’s a controller with a different colour , if it’s not a controller it’s releasing games on other consoles.

Boring as fuck.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Now we know where Xbox marketing budget is going - writing articles like that.

Having said that I will soon buy BG3, and that game’s Act 3 is not getting played on a Steamdeck, so chance for me to try GFN.

ThisIsMyDog

Now we know where Xbox marketing budget is going - writing articles like that.

Having said that I will soon buy BG3, and that game’s Act 3 is not getting played on a Steamdeck, so chance for me to try GFN.
GFN is great, i have ultimate tier, playing in 4K120FPS is just so much better than consoles imo.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Ten years seem about right. People understanding what it’s going to take for full market penetration. Let me introduce you to 6G. A wireless solution that can offer 1000 GB, 1ms light transferred internet access. Which is supposed to be rolled out by 2030.

The internet is going to be able to handle this especially with new codecs and technologies spear heading it. By 2030 I don’t think you see any other mainline console released. Dongles, micro consoles maybe but cloud is 100% happening!

Well if they aren't worried about console, that means the PC space will be higher powered and more suited for cloud gaming. Maybe the streaming quality gets better just because of that.

tp1125

Banned
It's very quiet if they are
Has cloud gaming on xbox improved at all in the last like 5 years? Still can't play your own games, still in beta, what's the point?

Fess

Nah.

Microsoft may want this to happen but they work too slowly, the other cloud gaming providers are all far ahead by now, Xbox Cloud is still in beta, even the failed Stadia was far ahead and that was 5 years ago…

Sooner

Riiiiiight....

So, basically the same "Microsoft will eventually rule all of gaming" nonsense we've heard for 20 years, only for it to become further and further from a reality.

Also, does anyone else find it odd that Xbox's game streaming quality well behind others in the industry, including Sony.

Last edited:
Top Bottom