• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WindowsCentral: Xbox is quietly building a cloud gaming dominance that could see it lead a $40 billion industry in just ten years

Radical_3d

QjPQFPD.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It really isn't for us.

Its for the new generation of kids who really aren't into gaming and their parents while watching YouTube on television switches to Xbox App and let them play...Fallguys or whatever.

I have seen first hand that's the only universe these kids know. Roblox runs on laptop while YouTube is only available on TV.

Then I'm officially old.

If that is the future of gaming then I'll just stick to reading, cooking and the gym as my hobbies.

nani17

are in a big trouble
TV show consumption it's not the same as videogame consumption, it isn't working now and it wont work in the future. Honestly only a mentally handicapped individual would believe in a glorify rental store on the Cloud
So it will never ever work?

It really isn't for us.

Its for the new generation of kids who really aren't into gaming and their parents while watching YouTube on television switches to Xbox App and let them play...Fallguys or whatever.

I have seen first hand that's the only universe these kids know. Roblox runs on laptop while YouTube is only available on TV.

And I'm supposed to believe these parents are just paying for Xcloud sub for their child who doesn't really game when we have tons of data showing that people are are tired of subs services? Doesn't add up. Those parents will just tell the kid to play on their phone/tablet. This is also ignoring the cost of parents stopping at a store and buying a xbox controller for their child who isn't really into gaming.

Kotaro

Cloud gaming takes a backseat to AI datacenter. Majority of Microsoft expenditures budget is allocated for NVIDIA Blackwell GPU

AI supremacy is far more important than XBOX/Cloud Gaming. I bet MS kinda regret spending 70+ Billion on Activision, just one year before the ChatGPT breakout

nani17

are in a big trouble
With traditional videogames? I dont think so, GaaS games? It can work, but I dont see for example the Sony model working at all under the Cloud suscription model
I'm surprised that you think it will never work. Music, movies & tv shows have all moved over to steamed/cloud. Gaming is pretty much all that's left. I do believe one day you will pick up a controller and open and app on your tv or computer and just play

Top Bottom