• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

bionic77

My aim nick is "theEconMASTA". Hopefully Srider, Rorschach, and Daigaro can all get in contact and play with me tommorrow. I should be online at maybe 10am and I will be in and out until probably 3pm. So just let me know when you guys are good to go. The earlier the better for me and I imagine the servers will actually work.

Fifty

Hayami said:
hope we can play later, bionic.

fifty and I played well, but damnit, he won in second half injury time! congrats on breaking the slump!

Thanks....I know that game must have been heartbreaking. I finally seem to be playing OK......if only I could take the first third of the season back.. Anyway, that was a pretty thrilling game. Lots of good runs on both sides, it really felt open. Considering what shit Ronaldo had been playing like prior to tonight's two games, I was surprised to see him get that goal. I guess he was just due. He's no Iaquinta, that's for sure.

garrickk

I'm going online now for a bit. Fifty and huka, if you're around, I'll be in lobby 5 most likely.

I see bionic and Srider in there now.

Srider

Banned
Bionic, that was a great game. So fast paced and I'm glad we had a lag free game. I had alot of fun, and I literally jumped at that PK, great save :)

Daigoro

Miguel said:
I'll be available tomorrow morning from around 10am-2pm central time.

If you're still around in 2 hours, we can play too.

sounds good. im supposed to be meeting bionic at around that time too. maybe we can meet up and get our game in then?

ill post back here before i go online at like 12-1pm EST.

garrickk said:
I'm going online now for a bit. Fifty and huka, if you're around, I'll be in lobby 5 most likely.

I see bionic and Srider in there now.

Damn, probably just missed ya. We got a couple gaffers in Lobby 5 right now if you're still around.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright, I've seen many of these folks post but do not know anything about your plans to play your games. They have to be played today, don't forget. If I missed a post where you scheduled the game for today, no worries as long as it gets played today it doesn't matter:

FC Barcelona (kpop100) vs. AC Milan (Socreges)

FC Bayern München (FMT) vs. Valencia CF (Miguel) (Srider PMed me his game w/ FMT is scheduled for Tuesday b/c of conflicts but I have not heard about this game)

AC Milan (Socreges) vs. FC Lokomotiv Moskva (sefskillz)

Fifty

Daig, I know I said I'd like to play @ 5......But if you have any free time before that let me know and I can play.

Daigoro

whenever is good for you.

im about to play bionic, Mig said he might be around in an hour or so. just hop online now or ill meet you later. whatever is fine.

If anyone who has a game against me is around today let me know. Either here or on aim (Mrjellybeanct). I've got a bunch of work to get done so I should be around for the most part looking for a break.

Daigoro

shit! i just got raped by Ronaldo. :lol not happy.

fifty is on a roll mang. gg.

bionic and i traded laggy halfs in a decent game earlier. gg-

anyone else around? Mig?

Fifty

I can't explain this roll of mine. I was getting bitchslapped every game....Just a couple days ago I was assuming I'd lose. Then Ronaldo tied his magical boots up and came to town. #2 in scoring with 9 goals...(8 of which in the last few days) You had a nice goal there with Del Piero's header.

Daigoro

want a rematch if Mig dosent show up in a few minutes? i was gonna ask you, but i came upstairs to write up my first game.

bionic77

Fifty said:
I can't explain this roll of mine. I was getting bitchslapped every game....Just a couple days ago I was assuming I'd lose. Then Ronaldo tied his magical boots up and came to town. #2 in scoring with 9 goals...(8 of which in the last few days) You had a nice goal there with Del Piero's header.

With a team like Real you really need to just shoot a lot because with their talent they are going to do some things that some other guys just can't do.

And Fifty and Astro, submitted my stuff so let me know if there was anything missing. I think I got it all in there though.

And finally, does anyone else here use Comcast or is WE just laggy way too much? It definitely changes the play of the game sometimes. I just want to know if it is Konami's fault or Comcast. Because I have played my games on two different connections (both using Comcast) and the lag can be pretty annoying at times.

Fifty

I think it's your connection. I've played about 100 games and about 95% of them have been close to lag free.

Socreges

Banned
Unfortunately I can't fit into kpop and sef's busy schedules. I've been trying to arrange a game with them all week and the moment they're available, I'm not. Weekends are not good. I'll have plenty of time on monday, though.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Socreges said:
Unfortunately I can't fit into kpop and sef's busy schedules. I've been trying to arrange a game with them all week and the moment they're available, I'm not. Weekends are not good. I'll have plenty of time on monday, though.
I should be able to get our game in monday night... or anytime today.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Socreges said:

Well as long as it's scheduled for early next week it's fine (this is what FMT-Srider did). What I don't want to have people just saying "oh we'll play the game some time next week hopefully" after the deadline has passed (not saying you're doing that, but just want to make clear that if it's impossible to get in by the deadline, be sure a firm time is scheduled for early in the week), or even worse people saying "my schedule is just crazy, I'll get them played soon I promise!"

Also, people who have busy schedules such that they can't get in three games a week should really take advantage of the fact that the schedules are released on Friday and the deadline isn't until the following Sunday and try to schedule those games immediately at times they know they will be free within the next ten days.

Socreges

Banned
Woah, Fifty went on a tear of sorts after his little breakdown. What happened? Did you try training or anything like that?

Brofist

Socreges said:

I was around Saturday all day ;)

yeah this week was unusually busy for me though, 2 job interviews and finals (finals are March in Japan). Since we have 2 games though when we have time we should knock both out.

Daigoro

im falling asleep here Mig. not sure when our game was scheduled for (deleted te PM). ill try to check back here a few more times before i crash for good.

Miguel

Daigoro said:
im falling asleep here Mig. not sure when our game was scheduled for (deleted te PM). ill try to check back here a few more times before i crash for good.

Sorry dude. I don't think we scheduled a time.

Available at all Monday?

Socreges

Banned
kpop100 said:
I was around Saturday all day ;)
One day out of the week, BUENO! ;)
kpop100 said:
yeah this week was unusually busy for me though, 2 job interviews and finals (finals are March in Japan). Since we have 2 games though when we have time we should knock both out.
What time do you have available on wednesday?

sefskillz, can you play at 10pm PST and after (monday)?

Hayami

Banned
welp, Mrjelly and I have made four attempts to play our game, and it simply won't connect. this count as a tie, or what's happenin'.

Brofist

Socreges said:
One day out of the week, BUENO! ;)
What time do you have available on wednesday?

sefskillz, can you play at 10pm PST and after (monday)?

whats better for you morning or night. i'll try to work it in to your times

Daigoro

Miguel said:
Sorry dude. I don't think we scheduled a time.

Available at all Monday?

not a problem brutha. i know ill see you soon. we still have a week to do this anyways.

yeah i should be around late night (after 12AM EST) Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. i have time in the late morning early afternoon too. i might get in a few games now.

ill check back here late night and post when im logging on to play. usuall GAF meetup time works for me these days.

Hayami said:
welp, Mrjelly and I have made four attempts to play our game, and it simply won't connect. this count as a tie, or what's happenin'.

was this all in one sitting? one thing you can both try is shutting off the PS2 and just rebooting and loggin on again. that worked for Asto and i when we tried to connect like 6 times in a row one night.

otherwise try a different day if there is time. im sure you'll be able to connect eventually, i hope.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright, time to give out some Midseason Awards since most people are at the midseason (minimum six games).

Top Striker

iaquinta%20fuoridai%20cogliounie%20coglialtri.jpg

Vincenzo Iaquinta

The man is just lights-out. Ten flipping goals in six games, making up over 80% of Udinese's offense. Now that's dominance.

Top Keeper

_38516795_frings300ap.jpg

Sergey Ovchinnikov

Four Clean Sheets in six games. Along with the Lokomotiv defense, he has kept the team in the Division D race. With his propensity for shutouts and awesome ponytail, not someone any team would want to see in the playoffs.

Dirtiest Player

so20040817a3a.jpg
Jenas_RK.jpg

TIE: Ferrari and Jermaine Jenas

Ferrari has accumulated two red cards, while Jermaine Jenas, "the baby-faced assassin" has picked up two yellows and a red. The battle is sure to heat up when games get more intense as the playoffs approach, but these two look like they'll be the pacesetters the whole way through.

Top Team

125px-Newcastle_United_crest.png
100px-Real_madrid_cf.gif

TIE: Newcastle United and Real Madrid

That Magpies and Blancos (as fifty likes to call them, or Galacticos as I like to call them). Newcastle have had a solid run to start the season and are certainly looking forward to a matchup next block vs. likely opponent AC Milan to see if their Championship dreams are but a mirage. Real have come on very strong after putting Ronaldo on a strict diet. It's very likely we'll see AC Milan and/or Real in this spot at the end of the regular season but Newcastle's enjoying the ride. Dark horses are Lyon, Udinese,and Manchester United, but of course with the playoff format almost everyone has a real chance.

Hard-Luck Team

75px-As_roma.gif

AS Roma

Beatbox has three 1-goal losses, and only one blowout loss in his eight games, but is the only player in Conference I without a win. Odds say the luck will normalize and he will pull out several wins in the second half and make a serious run at the last playoff spot.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Boom! Made the list twice. The chatter in AS Romas clubhouse is on the upswing as the media has assisted in lifting morale throughout the team.

Ferrari's comments after hearing of his shared award - "That nancy boy JJ better watch out for my tilted crane kick. I'll kick him. Fo Rills."

so20040817a3a.jpg

Cassano - "Get the hell out of my way - I gotta go."

cassano_0902,0.jpg

Totti - "The enemy will never win if the enemy can't see."

Totti.jpg

Mancini's special friendships will continue to make the opposition uncomfortable to be on the field with him.

sp9.jpg

c0005954_1748292.jpg

220360-8232-ga.jpg

Daigoro said:
was this all in one sitting? one thing you can both try is shutting off the PS2 and just rebooting and loggin on again. that worked for Asto and i when we tried to connect like 6 times in a row one night.

otherwise try a different day if there is time. im sure you'll be able to connect eventually, i hope.

Yeah, I had the problem with Osorio at one point and we were able to correct it like that, so I figured this would be the same thing. But here, we've tried on separate occasions at different times, re-booting each time, and we've still got nothing. It's been a real bummer. :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hayami said:
yep, we've done it all, on different days at different times!

If you can't connect, I'll give you guys a 0-0 tie then, w/ 0 shots on target and 5 total shots 50/50 possession each, no clean sheets.

Fifty

The final deadline for week 4-6 games is thursday at 11 PM eastern. That includes

Socreges/Kpop
Socreges/Sefskillz
FMT/Srider

PM either commish if you are having problems reaching someone, if they're not expressing interest to play, or if there is a mutual problem that is beyond your control getting in the way of the game(s) being played. We do have backups ready to join the league so don't just assume we'll save your spot forever if you're not getting the games done.

bionic77

AstroLad said:
If you can't connect, I'll give you guys a 0-0 tie then, w/ 0 shots on target and 5 total shots 50/50 possession each, no clean sheets.

If they can't connect they should demoted to the D league.

bionic77

And on another note, it wouldn't be the WE league without some bionic77 drama attached. Just got a call from my boss and I might be going up the NYC for awhile so I am hoping to get some matches in today if possible so I don't have a crazy backlog like last time.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
bionic77 said:
And on another note, it wouldn't be the WE league without some bionic77 drama attached. Just got a call from my boss and I might be going up the NYC for awhile so I am hoping to get some matches in today if possible so I don't have a crazy backlog like last time.
we've got a round 7 match bionic, i can play tonight if you want.

Top Bottom