• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

bionic77

Socreges, Rorschach how is tommorrow (Wednesday) night for you guys? I wanted to play tonight, but I am taking my wife out to dinner and if I mention Winning Eleven in front of her tonight she is going to murder me.

Since no one else summed up our games last night I will.

I felt me and Mig didn't take advantage of a bunch of scoring opportunities. And Mig took a page out of Tom Brady and slide tackled me from behind when I was behind his defense to get a red card. Mig took control near the end of the game too and I was crapping my pants thinking he was going to score like a hundred times. A little sloppy at times, but a good game overall.

I felt the game against Shoplifter was pretty exciting. I got two goals in the first half and I felt my team pretty much controlled the field, then we switched sides and Chelsea just went through my defense like a hot knife through butter. He scored his first goal in like the first 3 minutes of the second half and I really thought I was going to blow a 2 goal lead. He missed some chances and I definitely lucked out near the end to pull it out. And Duff was absolutely destroying us. His speed rating must be pretty high. Really hard to catch on the wing. Shoplifter kept going to the wing with Duff and I didn't stop it in the second half.

I am definitely game to play on Wednesday guys and I will take care of the stats for those games to make up for my ignorance on Monday.

Socreges

Banned
Can you guys just ban bionic?? ;)

Wednesday should be fine. Ill have to see, but it shouldnt be a problem.

"i wont be back from work until 12:15 AM est. let me know if you'll be around."

Unless my gf decides to come over, that should be perfectly fine.

kpop, sef, Ill be on AIM. Leave me a msg

Daigoro

ok Soc, ill look for you after work. if not, we'll schedule it soon.

bionic77 said:
I am definitely game to play on Wednesday guys and I will take care of the stats for those games to make up for my ignorance on Monday.

ill PM you and we'll try to work out a time to get our game in.

Socreges

Banned
Woo, finally cracked the top 500 (498) with a record of 43-19-24. I see huka within my sights, only 13 spots away. ;)

Btw, huka, you have an INCREDIBLE proportion of ties. Whats up with that?

Rorschach

bionic77 said:
Socreges, Rorschach how is tommorrow (Wednesday) night for you guys? I wanted to play tonight, but I am taking my wife out to dinner and if I mention Winning Eleven in front of her tonight she is going to murder me.
Sure. Just name a time, buddy.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think we should have a Big GA Party tonight in Lobby 5. Fifty and I will be there after 11 PM (may be a bit later depending on how long dinner takes). We could even have like a little pick-any-team mini-tournament or something. :D

Fifty

I'll have no part in this big gay party.

edit: Actually if Hayami or Larry Bird wants to beat me and my team, Real(ly awful) Madrid, that could work tonight. I'm not too eager to schedule my 4th straight loss, so I won't cry if you guys aren't around.

Daigoro

Fifty said:
I'll have no part in this big gay party.

edit: Actually if Hayami or Larry Bird wants to beat me and my team, Real(ly awful) Madrid, that could work tonight. I'm not too eager to schedule my 4th straight loss, so I won't cry if you guys aren't around.

have we even played a game yet? i cant remember if we did. i dont think i have your friend card yet.

cmon. give yourself a change of formation, throw a few guys forward and lets do battle!

Miguel said:
I'll get on when I get home. Time for some more ties! :)

i want a piece of you too. there that 3-0 beating you gave me, i need to avenge. :)

Socreges

Banned
I played once against Fifty, but he took off before I could add him. I dont think he wants to be my friend. :(

Im hanging in lobby 5 right now. I may not respond immediately because ill be studying but ill check periodically.

Socreges

Banned
Daigoro, you actually did hold the lead in that game, btw, which makes the turn of events even stranger. Im not sure if I woke up or you fell asleep or both. What I do know is that the red card sure scared me something fierce. ;)

mig, I just noticed that youve got your ties and losses backwards, unfortunately. :lol

Miguel

:lol

Daigoro's playing mind games with me :(

No way I scored 3 goals like that in the first half. All was right with the world again in the 2nd half, where I managed to give up a goal per 9 minutes (3 real time)

Socreges

Banned
And so the first annual super mini championship (dunno the actual name) ends with *drumroll* A DRAW! :x

I had my highest shot output, too. 26 shots. Probably because the game was 15 minutes and went the full 120 minutes. As Daigoro said, a marathon.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Socreges said:
And so the first annual super mini championship (dunno the actual name) ends with *drumroll* A DRAW! :x

I had my highest shot output, too. 26 shots. Probably because the game was 15 minutes and went the full 120 minutes. As Daigoro said, a marathon.

One day, we shall have six, nay, eight players, and this shall truly be a super-duper mini championship. Did Daigoro win on PKs? I wish we had a mod in here to give people titles- Soc "GA World Cup Champ", Daigoro "GA Mini World Cup Champ," and me, the title given to me be a certain EGM writer, "Winning Eleven God." :p

Socreges

Banned
AstroLad said:
Did Daigoro win on PKs?
Yes. And even the PKs went into extra PKs...

AstroLad said:
the title given to me be a certain EGM writer, "Winning Eleven God." :p
Cool. Which? From online play or multi?

And Im undefeated against you, so what does that make me?? ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Socreges said:
Yes. And even the PKs went into extra PKs...

Cool. Which? From online play or multi?

And Im undefeated against you, so what does that make me?? ;)

Well I think that quote needs some context, it was him saying that the shooting was too hard (too many balls flying way over the net) partially to justify a 7.5 score, me saying that anyone who plays seriously and doesn't just hold down the shoot button will not think that way too many balls go over and him derisively calling me a "Winning Eleven God."

Still, a "Winning Eleven God" is what he is. :p

Wowwwwww. Too many balls flying over the net? Yeah, because, like, in real life that never happens at all. The shooting is sublime. Perfect. Perfection. Opinion=wrong, Mr. EGM writer. :)

In fact, I've never experienced anything in a sports game so rewarding than the shooting system in WE. As an alternative, Fifa is just ridiculous w/ its shooting. The feeling of spontanaity is completely missing.

bionic77

Irish Icon said:
Wowwwwww. Too many balls flying over the net? Yeah, because, like, in real life that never happens at all. The shooting is sublime. Perfect. Perfection. Opinion=wrong, Mr. EGM writer. :)

In fact, I've never experienced anything in a sports game so rewarding than the shooting system in WE. As an alternative, Fifa is just ridiculous w/ its shooting. The feeling of spontanaity is completely missing.

Every goal in FIFA looks the same.

The EGM writer obviously didn't know what he was doing and was pushing the stick all the way to the upper right hand corner every time making the ball keep skying. You have to be extremely precise in everything you do in WE.

Daigoro

Socreges said:
Daigoro, you actually did hold the lead in that game, btw, which makes the turn of events even stranger. Im not sure if I woke up or you fell asleep or both. What I do know is that the red card sure scared me something fierce. ;)l

jeesus was a disaster for me. i am really bad at holding a lead. and terrible under pressure. shoulda had that game, but i unraveled. you did a fine job of capitalizing on my incompetence though. gg.

frustrating stuff for sure. i need a WE break after last night. (not that it will improve my game)

i see my season crumbling before me...

Miguel said:

Daigoro's playing mind games with me :(

No way I scored 3 goals like that in the first half. All was right with the world again in the 2nd half, where I managed to give up a goal per 9 minutes (3 real time)

that was just plain nuts Mig. it was raining goals. that was just another one of those freak games. wierd.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
jeesus was a disaster for me. i am really bad at holding a lead. and terrible under pressure. shoulda had that game, but i unraveled. you did a fine job of capitalizing on my incompetence though. gg.

frustrating stuff for sure. i need a WE break after last night. (not that it will improve my game)

i see my season crumbling before me...

that was just plain nuts Mig. it was raining goals. that was just another one of those freak games. wierd.

Mig is on a scoring rampage recently. He must be scoring an average of 3-4 goals his past four games. The guy is a freaking machine.

batimig.jpg

Oh and Daigoro there's no way in hell the GAF super-mini-tournament champion can just "take a break." Does the NFC just "take a break" after winning the Pro Bowl? Did Montreal just "take a break" after getting the best Spring Training record in 2004?

Answers: Yes and yes. But still.

bionic77

Socreges check your PMs you bum.

Tell me if we are playing tonight or not. I am good to go for tommorrow as well, so let me know when you can play.

Miguel

AstroLad said:
Mig is on a scoring rampage recently. He must be scoring an average of 3-4 goals his past four games. The guy is a freaking maching.

I think the best I can hope for is a Tampa Bay Devil Rays comparison at this point. Get creamed all the time, and take pride in my single win against one of the veteran players. :)

Socreges

Banned
bionic77 said:
Socreges check your PMs you bum.

Tell me if we are playing tonight or not. I am good to go for tommorrow as well, so let me know when you can play.
You're sure one to demand immediacy, eh? ;)

I'm at school right now, but should be home around 5:30 PST/8:30 EST. Anytime on or after that would be great.

Ok just saw your pm. 9 PM EST would be perfect. Lobby 5?

Daigoro said:
Interesting how you see it as you unraveling and my capitalizing on it, while I believe that I, rather, began to play much better and you cracked under the pressure. I suppose it's a mixture of both, your perspective and mine. Not to mention that a goal scored, for or against, changes mentalities SIGNIFICANTLY, positively or negatively. Anyhow.... you won those first 30 minutes, no doubt.

Astro, yea yea yea... I remember that now.

sefskillz, did you say you could play tonight? I cant remember.

kpop?????

bionic77

Socreges said:
You're sure one to demand immediacy, eh? ;)

I'm at school right now, but should be home around 5:30 PST/8:30 EST. Anytime on or after that would be great.

Ok just saw your pm. 9 PM EST would be perfect. Lobby 5?

Interesting how you see it as you unraveling and my capitalizing on it, while I believe that I, rather, began to play much better and you cracked under the pressure. I suppose it's a mixture of both, your perspective and mine. Not to mention that a goal scored, for or against, changes mentalities SIGNIFICANTLY, positively or negatively. Anyhow.... you won those first 30 minutes, no doubt.

Astro, yea yea yea... I remember that now.

sefskillz, did you say you could play tonight? I cant remember.

kpop?????

9pm, lobby 5 is good for me. Time for me to get dinner and relax for a bit.

Daigoro

Socreges said:

if i continued to play like i did those first 30 minutes, it would have been a different game. not that i would have won the game neccesarily, but after you score i just played like complete shit for the remainder of the game. it obviously helped your game, and wrecked mine.

i dunno what was going on at your end, i only know i fucking lost all composure. dont read too much into my comments. i just know how i played. it wasnt pretty.

AstroLad said:
Oh and Daigoro there's no way in hell the GAF super-mini-tournament champion can just "take a break." Does the NFC just "take a break" after winning the Pro Bowl? Did Montreal just "take a break" after getting the best Spring Training record in 2004?

Answers: Yes and yes. But still.

eh ill be ok. i played some DMC3 this afternoon, and my fragile gaming ego was restored for the time being.

ill prob be around late tonight for some games if people are on.

I'll be on for a bit tonight. Garrickk or Osorio, if you guys are around, let me know. Tomorrow evening should be good too, maybe late night too,

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mrjellybeanct said:
I'll be on for a bit tonight. Garrickk or Osorio, if you guys are around, let me know. Tomorrow evening should be good too, maybe late night too,

My guess is you guys might have to PM Osorio since I haven't seen him in a little while.

bionic77

I don't want to talk about it.

And can I make a suggestion for those of us with ghetto connections that if your connection is ghetto Comcast like my own that you can let the other person host if it improves the lag?

I think I want to test my connection before I play my next match to make sure everything is in order next time.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bionic77 said:

And can I make a suggestion for those of us with ghetto connections that if your connection is ghetto Comcast like my own that you can let the other person host if it improves the lag?

I think I want to test my connection before I play my next match to make sure everything is in order next time.

The person that creates the game hosts the first half and the other person hosts the second, so it's traded. I've played you a few times bionic and I don't remember it being too bad, but sometimes depending on the time and the person you're playing you have wacky games that just stink.

Socreges

Banned
The unfortunate part is that often just ONE person gets the worst of it. The first half was pretty bad for me and the second was apparently really bad for bionic.

It makes sense that I was better during the half that I hosted and him vice versa.

Daigoro

anyone gonna be around tonight in about an hour?

bionic77 said:

sounds terribly familiar...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
anyone gonna be around tonight in about an hour?

sounds terribly familiar...

fifty and I are thinking of playing a few games. There's a very slight chance I won't make it but I'm 90% sure I'll be on at some point.

Hayami

Banned
fun game, huka. it's just a shame that Iaquinta is on my team.

(yes, Astro... another pair for the main man!)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hayami said:

Hahaha oh man.

Hey Daigoro we're in Lobby 5 right now if you're up for a few games.

Hayami said:

I thought I was in control until that first goal and then the damn floodgates opened up for you, bastard. :lol Nice job man.

Srider

Banned
I'll be on tonight around 8-9 pm EST if Rorschach, FMT, or Bionic wants to get a game in. I'll check back before that to see if anyone will be on.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright here are the remaining games to play. Anyone who hasn't yet should make sure they get scheduled for this weekend at the latest (Sunday 11 PM deadline as usual):

Club Atlético de Madrid (Rorschach) vs. VfB Stuttgart (bionic77)

Villarreal CF (Garrickk) vs. Arsenal FC (Mrjellybeanct)
PSV Eindhoven (Osorio) vs. AS Roma (Beatbox)
FC Barcelona (kpop100) vs. AC Milan (Socreges)
FC Bayern München (FMT) vs. Valencia CF (Miguel)
Chelsea FC (shoplifter) vs. FC Lokomotiv Moskva (sefskillz)
Juventus (Daigoro) vs. VfB Stuttgart (bionic77)
Manchester United FC (Srider) vs. Club Atlético de Madrid (Rorschach)

Real Madrid CF (Fifty) vs. Udinese Calcio (Hayami)
Olympique Lyonnais (Irish Icon) vs. AS Roma (Beatbox)
Manchester United FC (Srider) vs. VfB Stuttgart (bionic77)

AC Milan (Socreges) vs. FC Lokomotiv Moskva (sefskillz)
Manchester United FC (Srider) vs. FC Bayern München (FMT)

Unless I hear from someone that they have tried posting and PMing and their opponent has not responded, I'll kick both people out of any matchup that doesn't get played. By the way things have gone so far that won't happen but remember you have to:

a) make an effort to contact your opponents
and
b) if they don't respond, contact me BEFORE THE DEADLINE PASSES

Top Bottom