• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

Rorschach

I don't think Srider and I have compatible connections. Since he's not in my division, could you possibly keep us apart? I'm not a fan of slide shows.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Srider said:
Lag certainly ruins the WE experience. I don't understand why the bar was green when it was lagging as such.

If past instances are any indication, there seems to be an issue with your connection unfortunately.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Srider said:
My last game with Daigoro was fine, we played during noon though.

Yeah I played you fine too, but it does seem to be a serious prob. w/ some people for some odd reason, guess it's just something you have to be wary of.

Srider

Banned
AstroLad said:
Yeah I played you fine too, but it does seem to be a serious prob. w/ some people for some odd reason, guess it's just something you have to be wary of.

Yeah I made it clear that I don't know if it will hold up before the match, again, if Rorschach wants to replay it, I'm fine with that.

Rorschach

Srider said:
Yeah I made it clear that I don't know if it will hold up before the match, again, if Rorschach wants to replay it, I'm fine with that.
Nah, it's cool. I just wanted that game to be over the minute it started. :lol

I think it's more of a compatibility issue...some people just don't connect well. I wasn't behind a router either, so I dunno. It showed green, so I figured green with two cable connections would be ok.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Nah, it's cool. I just wanted that game to be over the minute it started. :lol

I think it's more of a compatibility issue...some people just don't connect well. I wasn't behind a router either, so I dunno. It showed green, so I figured green with two cable connections would be ok.

Well sometimes it's more than just whether two people are compatible. Like I've had a "slide show" game w/ Hayami but then every other game was fine. Once Daigoro and I couldn't get a decent connection and he rebooted his computer and everything was fine. Go figure.

Daigoro

AstroLad said:
Well sometimes it's more than just whether two people are compatible. Like I've had a "slide show" game w/ Hayami but then every other game was fine. Once Daigoro and I couldn't get a decent connection and he rebooted his computer and everything was fine. Go figure.

actually i just reset the PS2. not sure if thats what did it, but we were finally able to get a decent connection (when we couldnt even connect to eachother after like 5 tries).

i wont be back late nights until Sunday. i have my last league game hopefully scheduled for sometime this Sat or Sunday (waiting on PM), and ill be ready for the next batch starting early next week.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright, Block 3 Schedules Are Up, fifty and I just put together the next three games. You'll notice that Round 9 is the first interconference round. #1 from Division A plays #1 form Division C and so on. Next Block, #1 A will play #1 D and so on. You can start playing those games now as usual, and the deadline is next Sunday.

Osorio, Irish, and sef, I'll be available for a few more hours tonight and also tomorrow night maybe.

Socreges

Banned
I havent even played my FIRST game against kpop and I'm facing him again?? Dude is impossible to tie down lately...

Well, at least we can play them both consecutively.

Irish, Srider.... Im available tonight (now) and between 4:30 -5:30 PM PST tomorrow. Also, sunday at around 12 pm PST.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
if anyone wants some games, there's a shitload of us in lobby 5 right now (irish, jelly, huka, me, beatbox).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Socreges said:
I desperately need a keyboard, mainly so I can properly rebut Astro's cheeky passive-aggressiveness. ;)

"Oops." "WTF?"-Your responses to my goals.

"Damn good shot."-My response to your goal.

Dunno who's being passive aggressive here, but ok. I'll take the win and all the good times that come along with it, my main man Daigoro know what I'm talking about. :)

Socreges

Banned
AstroLad said:
"Oops." "WTF?"-Your responses to my goals.
Come on, the first you sprinted straight through two of my defensemen as I was holding square (WTF?) and then the second my defensemen was caught standing still as you, again, sprinted right past him (Oops...). Those were frustrating goals, and nothing that I really admired from you (1-on-1 leaves a little to be desired, besides what led to it). I responded honestly and thats as much as you should expect. I do admire your play and have said that always (+ in the past Ive complimented your pretty goals, but nevermind that), but in a game when goals come from what could have easily been prevented, forget honour. We're not doing each other favours.

Otherwise, I should repeat now, it was a very good game. I went into the 'post-game discussion' feeling good about it, more wanting to comment on your tackles, but I could immediately tell that you weren't pleased with the comments. Just dont take it personally.

AstroLad said:
Dunno who's being passive aggressive here, but ok. I'll take the win and all the good times that come along with it, my main man Daigoro know what I'm talking about. :)
Wow, thats petty. Daigoro and I made peace, and he even apologized. Dont drag us back into that shit.

I get the impression that wins are worth less to people (myself included) if they feel like the other side does not honour them or what led to them (and this causes frustration).

Hayami, Larry, and Kpop - I'll be around for the next few hours if any of you can get our game in today. Weekend is a possibility too, but let me know what works for you so we can try to figure something out.

Heh. That's the funny thing about this game. It's a lot like real football. Sometimes you win and you don't even feel that good about it b/c the other side was unlucky and frustrated.

Likewise, sometimes, like my game against beatbox, Juninho put in a beautiful (and i mean beautiful) free kick that put tied the game up. Despite outshooting him and having more possession, I think the draw was the perfect result, and I think he would agree, eventhough he held my offense for like 70 minutes before that free kick.

It's all great fun. Honestly? I think I could even play longer games. They're so fun and the momentum shifts so much that you never want the games to end, even when you're ahead.

Hayami- Yeah that sucked man. Me and Osorio had the same thing happening at one point, but we eventually got a green connection, so I still have hope. Let me know if your around this weekend at anytime. I've got some stuff to get done, but should be able to find time for the most part.

it should be mandatory that everyone in the league have AIM :D

it's just easier ladies. srider if you see this before you PM ill be in the lobby for the next 10-20 mins.

Daigoro

ok, i just sent off 4 PM's.

1 for bionic (we havent been able to hook up yet, but i have some time Saturday, and all Sunday to get our game in from last round), and 3 for guys from my next round: FMT, Mig, and Fifty.

early Saturday or anytime Sunday. let me know guys. :)

Miguel

I'm headed online right now FMT. After that, if Daigoro, Garrickk, or kpop are around, we can have our matches.

FMT @ MiG
Daigoro @ MiG
Garrickk @ MiG
MiG @ kpop

bionic77

Is there any way to play a short exhibition match online for a few minute and then quit it? I was wondering if there was a way to quick check everyone's connection before we play a league match instead of leaving it up to luck.

I can usually get a better connection after restarting the modem and router.

No More Lag.

Brofist

Socreges, Mrjellybeanct, Miguel.. I'm available to play now if you guys are around. Let me know and I'll log in.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bionic77 said:
Is there any way to play a short exhibition match online for a few minute and then quit it? I was wondering if there was a way to quick check everyone's connection before we play a league match instead of leaving it up to luck.

I can usually get a better connection after restarting the modem and router.

No More Lag.

You could just set it to five minutes and play it out OR just quit (it'll give you a disconn and a loss on your record though if you care about those things).

By Sunday, all of the following games must have been played:

Club Atlético de Madrid (Rorschach) vs. VfB Stuttgart (bionic77)

PSV Eindhoven (Osorio) vs. AS Roma (Beatbox)
FC Barcelona (kpop100) vs. AC Milan (Socreges)
FC Bayern München (FMT) vs. Valencia CF (Miguel)
Juventus (Daigoro) vs. VfB Stuttgart (bionic77)

Real Madrid CF (Fifty) vs. Udinese Calcio (Hayami)
Manchester United FC (Srider) vs. VfB Stuttgart (bionic77)

AC Milan (Socreges) vs. FC Lokomotiv Moskva (sefskillz)
Manchester United FC (Srider) vs. FC Bayern München (FMT)

Again, if someone is not responding to your posts AND PMs, let me know NOW.

Miguel

FMT stood me up last night! Astrolad and Garrickk saw me online!

yaocry.jpg

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
shoplifter said:
Updated the stats from my game with Sef.
i hated that second goal so much. i had some opportunities to make it 1-1, but mentally that second goal robbed me of any positive things to take away from that game :)

Srider

Banned
I got an AIM name now, it's athkabtrin. Anyone heading on give me a shout on aim, I'll be on standby mode all of tonight.

Hayami

Banned
man, what the hell is going on. every, EVERY time Mrjelly and I try to play we get "Cannot connect with opponent." what!

bionic77

Hayami said:
man, what the hell is going on. every, EVERY time Mrjelly and I try to play we get "Cannot connect with opponent." what!

Yeah the servers are fucked up somehow. I tried to play with Hayami and some random guy and it wouldn't let me connect. I am giving up for now, but I might show up again at like 11:30 EST for those who want to play me. If it is as bad as the lagfest I had in my last match I am going to start sending nasty emails to Konami. No point in playing the game when you can't even control your player or even better connect to your opponent.

But for Srider and those scheduled to play me, I will be on at around 11:30. Hopefully the game lets us play for a change. If not, I am going to blame Astro for this.

Hayami

Banned
hope we can play later, bionic.

fifty and I played well, but damnit, he won in second half injury time! congrats on breaking the slump!

Miguel

I'll be available tomorrow morning from around 10am-2pm central time.

If you're still around in 2 hours, we can play too.

Top Bottom