• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

Just watched Nogunagun.

THAT WAS AWESOME, looked great, I like the protagonist, the action is solid, I went in expecting to drop it after one episode, but this one's a keeper!

Can't wait to see
Gandhi
in action!

I like Kaoru, I wish she would get a weapon.

Why can't she be more about life?

Her life is fine.

Super Sonico The Animation 1

That ED...
wnYdLoR.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
And apparently the Space Dandy OT wasn't enough. Why does anime have to be so toxic to talk about?

"My entertainment medium is superior to your entertainment medium, let me tell you exactly why your hobbies suck."

People just love discussing things they don't like.

Seems like the new anime are starting to come out. So I'll be in this thread more often now. Last season I was mostly watching only Magi, One Piece, and HxH. So I was very quiet.

My first anime will be Super Sonico. I like Sonico so I'll give it a try.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Flowers of Evil 1

This is not what I was expecting at all. Everything has such an...oppressive feel to it.

LayLa

Pilot's Love Song 1

decent enough start, if someone had told me that it was a Last Exile spinoff i would have believed them. spotted Ayana's voice within 2 seconds of her character speaking!

Soni-Ani 1

redefining mediocre, not one glimmer of wit or invention in its cold dead eyes.

Yowamushi Pedal Episode 13

Two of the scenes I wanted to see most were finally animated and they delivered both fun and games and intense and serious understanding
the whole scene with Imaizumi coming to his knees after getting off the bike and then being somewhat inspired by Naruko, who then turned it into helping Naruko out and pumping him up, was honestly the best scene in the anime yet. Combined with the music and the way they even added the shadow to Naruko's face at times, really worked to make it a great scene. Rewatched it

It was also a great Imaizumi appreciation episode and his moment in the ED is amazing. I hope they put it on some merchandise.

Toudou is still immensely hilarious, and his VA is having so much fun in that role.

Quasar

I always thought the yuri stuff in Saki was distracting. They managed to make a show about mahjong interesting on its own, they didn't really need lesbian fantasies.

I have been feeling a bit that way, having been watching S1 a bit.

More though is the treatment of Suga. His treatment as a total joke bothers me. This probably comes from me coming from Chihayafuru where everyone is at least somewhat competent and useful in the club.

Gbraga

Just watched The Pilot's Love Song. That was actually pretty interesting. It started off really slow and boring and I was ready to drop it after finishing this episode, but from the moment they started digging into the lore it got great to the end.

Claire is good and the anime is beautiful.

Also, NINA VIENTO!!!!!

Definitely keeping this one.

Should I watch the movie?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I have been feeling a bit that way, having been watching S1 a bit.

More though is the treatment of Suga. His treatment as a total joke bothers me. This probably comes from me coming from Chihayafuru where everyone is at least somewhat competent and useful in the club.

Honestly he shouldn't even be there, should've been another girl in his place. :/

Gbraga

Yowamushi Pedal Episode 13

Two of the scenes I wanted to see most were finally animated and they delivered both fun and games and intense and serious understanding
the whole scene with Imaizumi coming to his knees after getting off the bike and then being somewhat inspired by Naruko, who then turned it into helping Naruko out and pumping him up, was honestly the best scene in the anime yet. Combined with the music and the way they even added the shadow to Naruko's face at times, really worked to make it a great scene. Rewatched it

It was also a great Imaizumi appreciation episode and his moment in the ED is amazing. I hope they put it on some merchandise.

Toudou is still immensely hilarious, and his VA is having so much fun in that role.

Midousuji was also a stand out point in this episode imo, I think it was actually the very first time a character that was supposed to be creepy actually creeped me out, so fucking weird.

Midousuji was also a stand out point in this episode imo, I think it was actually the very first time a character that was supposed to be creepy actually creeped me out, so fucking weird.

The music even made the scene way more creepy. I feel bad for his teammates and team. If he can lose the match hopefully they that will make him more friendlier and the team actually more cohesive I hope. It certainly looks like they all arent really having fun cycling anymore unlike how it was in the beginning of that backstory..

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Witch Craft Works Episode 1

I lost it at the Obama-kun part.

This MC is really dumb.

Anime is starting to add the levolution effect that Battlefield 4 started.

Welcome to your CG future

ibCPQSTa1lr7Q.gif

Super Sonico The Animation - Episode 1

I can't really say much about this show yet, but this episode wasn't all that great. The only highlights was the manager who seems interesting, and those thigh shots. Seriously... those thighs were killing me, in a good way. Lawd!

Turned out my problem was a dns proxy issue at least (ie: my Unblock-us account expired).

Once I restarted my computer and signed back in I could load videos except the video I actually wanted to view, Fortune Arterial EP 3. Just switched over to rewatching Seitokai no Ichizon S1 for now.

Flowers of Evil 1

This is not what I was expecting at all. Everything has such an...oppressive feel to it.

I just got done marathoning the last 7 episodes. You're in for...something.

Now, I need to watch something that is the exact opposite of Flower of Evil or else I'm probably going to go crazy.

Gazoinks

Now, I need to watch something that is the exact opposite of Flower of Evil or else I'm probably going to go crazy.

Yeeeah. Try something pleasant and heartwarming like Usagi Drop.

Or Casshern Sins.

sonicmj1

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 19

Some of the discussion in this episode addresses the earlier "Why don't they use the Wave Motion Gun all the time?" stuff very directly. I felt like the reasoning made sense given the premises of the show.

As if the earlier attack wasn't enough, we're gearing up for another showdown. This episode seemed a little bit about the theme of why the characters are fighting. For country, for family, for the future... we see that whatever side they're on, the reasons individuals battle aren't so different. The comparison between Domel and Okita is particularly emphasized. They're both awesome.

iPrFR1yypb4MP.jpg
icL269E5iwrlZ.jpg

The scenes of reminiscence on family are just one of the devices the episode uses to create parallels between the two ship captains.

I like how all the plotlines are intersecting. It was nice to see in this episode that even characters we had kind of left behind, like
Goer, Melda Ditz, and the asshole security officer
still got a few seconds of screentime. I want to watch more right away almost as much as I want to savor this fantastic show.

iQ9P70bV38MVF.jpg

I wonder if this was taken during that party in episode 7. Is that costume still onboard the ship?

kiryogi

Banned

Lol yeah, I definitely needed a palette cleaner. I went into Seitokai S2 and now on Yuyushiki.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and made it onto my 2013 AOTY list, but dear fucking god is it something dark.

Lol yeah, I definitely needed a palette cleaner. I went into Seitokai S2 and now on Yuyushiki.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and made it onto my 2013 AOTY list, but dear fucking god is it something dark.

Yeah, I'll probably go Yuyushiki or Eccentric Family. Got a lot of time off these next two weeks so I want to get through as many 2013 shows as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom