• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 13

I like the new OP. Imaizumi and Naruko are idiots for not pacing themselves. Huge DTL scene because of their stupidness though

Rest of the episode showed off the rest of the schools.

It's good to see Midousuji. His smile is kinda of freaky to look at.

Ok, so I finished Nisemonogatari, do I watch Nekomonogatari Black before going into Monogatari?

Also Crunchyroll only has up 22 for Monogatari, I saw people posting 26 was the end. Do they not have it there?

Yes

Monogatari second season is 22 episodes + 4 recaps episodes. You don't need teh recap episodes if you're watching the anime in one go.

--------------------
Yamato 2199 - 16
The guy was shaddy from the start.

Yamato 2199 - 17
The Xo got me there for a moment

Yamato 2199 - 18
Very good recon , sword 3 !.

The captain ... decided to
charge in a sea of ennemies. What a reckless plan !

I'm so happy that the
emperor is back , the replacement had a lsut for power that would have made a very poor finale.

Theonik

Joseito
ibwogmmgryOhzC.png
ibxOYVlRgPePpB.png
iFweRH9bTHHAg.png

#deep :firehawk :wonzo :etc
This is among the weirdest things I have ever seen.
The animation or lack there-of served as making the matters worse to boot.
This was more Shaft than Shaft basically save for head tilt which is good thing.
If this had head-tilt I'd have probably died.

Nightmare fuel.

fertygo

I didn't like her in Seki-kun either. Kobayashi Yuu would've been better imo. Her voice seems a bit too high pitch for the tsukkomi type, or she should've used Chichiko voice from Binbougami.

Err I don't like either option, because Yokoi isn't supposed to have angry voice that sound tomboyish like that.

Btw good to see you here, hope you staying for long..

Branduil

Things I learned in the Space Dandy thread today:

-Kill la Kill is a thoughtful deconstruction of fanservice in anime.

-Meow's epic character arc is being screwed over by Watanabe.

JoeFu

Banned
Yes

Monogatari second season is 22 episodes + 4 recaps episodes. You don't need teh recap episodes if you're watching the anime in one go.

K thanks!

Also I don't think CR has all the episodes because it has the summaries listed as part of the 22 and the last episode title is Hitagi End part 2. I checked the episode list on wiki and it says it goes up to part 6.

I dunno. I'll find out when I get there I guess. I just don't want to look for the last 4 of the series like I had to look for the last 3 for Bakemonogatari.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Witch Craft Works ep1

Will continue to watch, Tanpopo > the other tower witches

workshop witches need to step up their game

CG fire wasn't terrible

CorvoSol

Gundam Build Fighters 13

This episode was incredible. Luang got robbed, I guess, in that I was expecting a brutal smack down and got Winnie the Pooh vs Christopher Robin, but hey, it rocked all the same. This is quite possibly the best Gundam since G, and definitely the best since Turn A.

The fan service in Kill La Kill is a satire of other anime that try to get you to jack off by getting you to want to jack off. Subversive, ne?

No. If its mimicking or poking fun of other series it would not be a constant in the series, be as prevalent in each episode and to be frank the fan service is more tasteless than many of the shows its probably "poking fun at".

Yet there are those who would argue otherwise.

Sadly.

Branduil

I think people just assume Imaishi couldn't possibly be that straightforwardly shameless and try to read more into things than are actually there.

I think people just assume Imaishi couldn't possibly be that straightforwardly shameless and try to read more into things than are actually there.

People just don't want to believe it. I remember someone saying it was central to the plot. Lol.

We saw glimpses of it in TTGL with the costume design of Yuko but luckily that was only one character and the story/characters were strong enough to stand on their own. The same cannot be said for Kill La Kill.

Huh? My post was sarcastic.

Oh :p

Gbraga

I don't know if it was intentional, but I've learned to deal with it as did Ryuko.

It never made me horny or anything, not that I don't like ecchi, I just think it was too over the top, but it stopped being uncomfortable and I don't mind anymore after just a few episodes, and the reactions were pretty funny at first.

Satsuki's attitude torwards the clothing was pretty awesome.

I still wish Ryuko would get a powerup with more clothes though, but not because I think the fanservice is offensive, just because I think it would look better.

I don't think I'd say it's not fanservice just because it makes fun of it, but I definitely don't see it the same way I do when Mitsuki is wearing something different in Kyoukai no Kanata.

Episode 6 was more banderas.gif than anything in Kill la Kill.

If your hometown is the big city.

Arthur.jpg

I lol'd at this and I don't even get it.

I think both songs have been lacking, as compared to say Kurobas and Ace of Diamond for OP songs, but I love the animation initially for this new OP.

Dirty Old Men for the musical group name though is...

Hahaha, didn't notice that. That's awesome.

Still didn't watch those shows, my friend (the same one who recommended me Yowapeda) is insisting I do though, and I will, since Yowapeda was such a nice surprise. I usually just ignore sports animes, I guess I won't anymore.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
No. If its mimicking or poking fun of other series it would not be a constant in the series, be as prevalent in each episode and to be frank the fan service is more tasteless than many of the shows its probably "poking fun at".

Sadly.

I find it interesting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hidamari Sketch 01
So far so Shaft. Kind of boring if I'm honest and I've seen clip-art be more animated/have better backgrounds but it does have its charm. Will keep at it.
Everyone should watch this episode come Saturday.

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online Extra Edition Why the Fuck Am I doing this to myself oh God please somebody help me

2 minutes in and Kirito is already planning on cheating on Asuna. Well at least this time it isn't with his sister. 3 minutes in and it's "FOR YOUR COUNTRY, KIRITO KUN". Oh God it's really happening.

"We have no idea why Kaiba made this game and then mercilessly slaughtered 400 people." That's okay, because NEITHER DID HE.

"What if I don't want to help you catch this guy who murdered 400 people and understand his lack of a motive for doing so?" Well then you'd be aiding and abetting a mass murderer and then you'll go to jail for a long, long time. If there was a God in the SAO universe, anyway. Probably I'll give you a blow job for being so upstanding and defending a mass murderer instead.

Titparisons ensue. Suguha continues to be the worst female character in anime ever, and this in spite of the fact that I've seen Cindy from Arjuna.

CLIP SHOW ENSUES FUCK YOU SWORD ART FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AND ALL WHO WORK UPON THY SHITTY SELF.

And then groping. This isn't even terribad anymore. It's just fucking cliche. Like this is the perfect storm of awful. Gonna just drop it right here because I already know where this shit is going. Wake me when S2 starts so I can bitch my way through that, cuz ain't nothin' worth seeing in this anymore.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corvo, please watch season 2 of SAO.

*popcorn*

CorvoSol

I lol'd at this and I don't even get it.

A long time ago there was a meme on the net where Arthur the Aardvark was like "The Ass Was Fat." What follows is a tasteless image that was created during that time and serves as an example of what it was like.

He was piloting a mook suit from Victory. He deserved nothing.

True, true. Fellini better not go down like this, though. Fellini and Mao are the fights that are gonna rock.

Corvo, please watch season 2 of SAO.

*popcorn*

I will. Cajun will be back by then to coddle me through it, so I will.

Wish the story in Sleeping Dogs lasted the longer. The "twist" was obvious, but damn were those two last missions fun.

Would have been fun to take down a rival gang like 18k or something.

Gintama 139

Is this the legendary best girl I've heard so little about?

Yep.

She's the only girl that actually makes me want to root for a normal relationship between her and Gintoki.

Usually its some BL with Hijikata.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Space Dandy 1

"I can't read circles!"

Hehe. Quite an interesting show, I'll keep watching.

I hated SAO back when it aired and I don't even know how I managed to watch the entire first season. After all, I'm someone who drops an anime without watching an entire episode. But I did watch SAO. And I regret every second of it.

I've been maintaining a safe distance from this "extra" episode. And every time I see a reaction in this thread, deep inside my heart, I know I've made the right choice.

At least the second season will be worth to see some amazing posts around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom