• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hajime no Ippo: Rising: 7:
And we get to the first appearance of one of the most hateable characters in Ippo. Sawamura just oozes evil from his first appearance. I absolutely love that devilish looking shadow on the motorcycle. It was a really striking visual. Takamura's complete beatdown of his opponent looked really nice, too. That was a brutal looking punch.

It's the sound of Hyoka not being licensed.

:(

Still upset about that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bicycle wheels are too lewd for japan. They only want vanillacycle or yuricycle wheels in their shows.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 3:
Damn this show can do some nice looking explosions. This episode was a little emotionally engaging than the previous two to me, but it was still pretty nice, and we got a little bit of a view of the enemies, too. The characters all seemed to take this crazy new technology in stride. The end was probably the most engaging part of the episode, especially with
Okita being uncomfortable with the power they were wielding and the idea of simply killing off all of the enemy with such a massive display of destruction.

Gazoinks

There is nothing about the Nobel Gundam that doesn't look manly. Not a single thing.

What I meant to say was them Domon vs Master Asia matches'll put hair on your chest.

So is G Gundam more manly than Gurren Lagann?

Speaking of manly anime, I would pay out the nose for a miniseries about F/Z's Rider going on manly bromance adventures.

CorvoSol

So is G Gundam more manly than Gurren Lagann?

Speaking of manly anime, I would pay out the nose for a miniseries about F/Z's Rider going on manly bromance adventures.

I kind of feel that G Gundam is Gurren Lagann's spiritual predecessor. I mean Kamina even has Domon's cape. There's an image out there that shows Domon's spiritual family but you're not allowed to look at that because it has one very big spoiler on it.

funimation worth subbing?

also does CR ever upload uncensored stuff?

Funimation may be worth it if you like dub stuff or want your simulcasts through them to be in HD and have no commercials. But in my experience since I also do Hulu Plus, I usually watch all their simulcasts via Hulu since well I can watch the stuff on PS4

Though I do watch their dubs so Ive been subscribing to funi ever since day 1.

Gazoinks

I kind of feel that G Gundam is Gurren Lagann's spiritual predecessor. I mean Kamina even has Domon's cape. There's an image out there that shows Domon's spiritual family but you're not allowed to look at that because it has one very big spoiler on it.

One day I'll be more or less caught up on Gundam. One day.

Gbraga

Funimation may be worth it if you like dub stuff or want your simulcasts through them to be in HD and have no commercials. But in my experience since I also do Hulu Plus, I usually watch all their simulcasts via Hulu since well I can watch the stuff on PS4

Though I do watch their dubs so Ive been subscribing to funi ever since day 1.

Does Hulu Plus improve the video quality? Cause I watched Tokyo Ravens there with regular hulu and it looked like shit.

fertygo

I was clearing out some files when I came across this 2013 screenshot and I just had to repost it, because it really was the hilarious use of the lewd lasers in all of 2013.

qPEcms2.jpg

Does she have boobs in the back?

Soni-Ani SUPER SONICO THE ANIMATION 01

More like Super Average. Poor Sonico-chan, being stuck in such a mediocre anime. I can honestly say nothing in this episode made me laugh. Real life is more entertaining on most days than this episode. :(

And since she never takes the headphones off, how does she shower?

Kunagisa

Neo Member
Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 13

... wtf? I waited a whole two weeks for this? What next? Gundam Mahjong?
I still laughed quite a bit though, so I guess that's ok. Is RG just a random power-up that cost nothing to use?

What Aila actually thinks at the end: HE HAS A BF!!!
EeK7xd1.png

Also +1 moe point to the secretary.
I think the staff had way too much fun making this series. 4-cour please.

OP's changing next episode? Gonna miss the rap.

Noragami - Episode 1

UCHIDA MAAYA PRPR. Her VA work as Zero's still the best but I'll take this too. Bones animation awesome as expected. The last anime I remember that has Kamiyan in it is Devil Survivors 2, whichs feels like too long ago. Also, Tamura Koutarou I shall remember your name.

Saki - National Episode 1

FML are there 40 VAs for this episode? Can't remember a single new person's name.
Sukoya's still the bestestest. Feels like Nonaka Ai's voice changed though, oh well. Still love her character and her screaming voice. Also Hisa x Mihoko are so nice together in the ED.

Watching these 3 back to back right after Kindaichi and Enomoto's Locked Room SP = great start to this new season.

cnet128

Banned
D-Frag! 1

Well that was odd. Can't decide whether it was the good kind of weird or the stop-trying-too-hard kind of weird. I'll give it a few more episodes.

Also what is it with HanaKana this season and voicing characters whose faces don't quite seem to match her voice? It happened in Seki-kun, it's happening here, and I know it's going to be the case in Nisekoi too! >.<

fertygo

D-Frag! 1

Well that was odd. Can't decide whether it was the good kind of weird or the stop-trying-too-hard kind of weird. I'll give it a few more episodes.

Also what is it with HanaKana this season and voicing characters whose faces don't quite seem to match her voice? It happened in Seki-kun, it's happening here, and I know it's going to be the case in Nisekoi too! >.<

Eh she's perfect fit in Sseki-kun.

CorvoSol

One day I'll be more or less caught up on Gundam. One day.

G is all you really need.

Do men realize how fucking silly they look when they discuss what's manly or if something is more manlier than the other?

Sometimes discussions of manliness are meant to be silly, though. Like discussing whether or not it is manlier to shave with an axe or sit through Old Yeller without crying. Stuff like that.

Mobile Suit Gundam 25

So yeah, at this point you really have to have your head up Zeon Deikun's ass if you think the White Base is an unimportant ship in the Federation's war efforts. In one day they expose a spy and a traitor, thereby single-handedly turning the tide of Operation Odessa in the Federation's favor, distract and defeat the remaining Black Tri-Stars (who General Revil feared enough to move up his operation), stopped M'Quve's Hydrogen bomb, saving countless Federation lives, and put an end to M'Quve's mining operations on the Earth, sparing myriad resources which M'Quve himself, a member of the Zeon who supposedly think Earth is irrelevant (hint: it isn't and if you think it is, check Deikun for polyps), admits had enough to allow Zeon another decade of war. And that's from only one part of the Earth.

Fricking General Revil goes and shakes Amuro's hand at the end of this episode. The concept that the White Base is an irrelevant ship to the Federation's war effort is bullshit that Zeon fans concocted to convince themselves they aren't rooting for shitty Space Nazis.

JoeFu

Banned
Ok, so I finished Nisemonogatari, do I watch Nekomonogatari Black before going into Monogatari?

Also Crunchyroll only has up 22 for Monogatari, I saw people posting 26 was the end. Do they not have it there?

Theonik

Hidamari Sketch 01
iAQfYE1nGkPLl.png
i9BlJWUuBT6qJ.png
ibtIALYJUZEQVL.png

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide
So far so Shaft. Kind of boring if I'm honest and I've seen clip-art be more animated/have better backgrounds but it does have its charm. Will keep at it.

Attempted to do a recap of Friday's group watch with someone that wasn't there. He left during Lucky Star ;A;

I would've been more okay with leaving during Super Yoyo or Golden Boy, but not LUCKY STAR ;A;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom