• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Yamato and it was MY AOTY.

But I will say this.

I have a cousin who hasn't seen anime since Dragon Ball Z. I showed him an episode Attack on Titan the day before yesterday. He's already on episode 15. It's the new gateway anime. It's beautifully drawn, has a great OST and the action is damn good.

It really is. I have a friend who hasn't watched an Anime since we watched Evangelion back in high school. I saw him recently and he asked me If had heard of Titan and he started raving about how awesome it was.

Kansoku

I have a cousin who hasn't seen anime since Dragon Ball Z. I showed him an episode Attack on Titan the day before yesterday. He's already on episode 15. It's the new gateway anime. It's beautifully drawn, has a great OST and the action is damn good.

Just curious since I didn't even watch AoT, but why you showed AoT and not another anime?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Wouldn't it have just been quicker to just smother him to death?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Which forgets to list Puchimas.

So here I am to remind you all to vote Puchimas.

Puchimas!
0Hrw6c4.jpg

Reknoc

I was genuinely surprised to hear that Sei's dad is still alive. The show sorta acts like he's dead and while I don't have anything against the man, he's in the way of Ramba Ral.

Wait, he is? I must have missed that. Thought he was dead lol

cause of death: gunpla'd too hard

CorvoSol

Wait, he is? I must have missed that. Thought he was dead lol

cause of death: gunpla'd too hard

Haha, I know, the first episode makes it seem like Sei's dad just dies or vanishes or ascends to a higher plane of existence after likely being crushed beneath :chet a crazy rad Gunpla battle, but I heard the other day that he was supposedly out Walking the Earth in search of amazing Gunpla or something ridiculous like that.

Can I vote for web animations in the film/OVA category? I'll take off LWA in favor of Inferno Cop right now if you let me.

Hitokage DID vote for Inferno Cop. If I had one more vote I'd use it thus.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
EDIT:
I just found out the male MC was suppose to be a female character which explains the princess and a female name before a change was made. So it was supposed to be a yuri show?

I am legit mad right now. Why did they make the fucking stupid decision to change the female MC to male? Why? Are they worried about a lack of a male audience or something? It's this fucking cowardice and paranoia these creators have that prevent yuri shows from getting the attention and following it deserves. Fuck the people behind that decision with every fiber of my being.

JoeFu

Banned
Wow Monogatari Series: Second Season starts out so strong. It's washed the bad taste of toothbrush love out of my mouth.

Nekomonogatari White was really good. Can't wait to watch the rest of the season.

qvJE6eF.png

this show is semi-historical anime done right. The leads are amazing.

Though my Gintama immersion was ruined since the Shisengumi are here, and Touji+ Hijikata have appeared here.

I'm all "you mean they weren't created by Gintama!? NOOOOOOOOOOO"

Nafe

jblXv57PKvcO3s.jpg

Courtesy of this artist here.

The last time I posted was around New Year's but I didn't say Happy New Year yet. I didn't have any sushi to dip into soy sauce but instead had a big lobster tail and shrimp dipped in candle heated butter! (Oishii! <3) As well as a steak and baked potato along with a little something sweet for dessert.

On the topic of Gundam Build Fighters, it's back! This last episode didn't quite go how I thought it might but it was still pretty fun as usual.

---

It's also January 7th in many places of the world which means it's 7Th's birthday.
Happy Birthday 7Th. :)

Charade

I am legit mad right now. Why did they make the fucking stupid decision to change the female MC to male? Why? Are they worried about a lack of a male audience or something? It's this fucking cowardice and paranoia these creators have that prevent yuri shows from getting the attention and following it deserves. Fuck the people behind that decision with every fiber of my being.

To be fair to the show, it's based off a manga, so I think it was the mangaka's decision to change it last minute. Still doesn't change the end result though..

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can I vote for web animations in the film/OVA category? I'll take off LWA in favor of Inferno Cop right now if you let me.
It's a series so you'd vote for it as one. I even write in the OP it includes ONA (original net animations). Just everyone reads it as TV shows.

duckroll

Holy fuck, an African might be the main romance lead?

They're all Japanese. :p

There's a lot of new info on Captain Earth in the mags. But I can't be bothered to translate and post stuff without good scans to have better context of the designs and stuff described in the text.

Hidamari Sketch 02

This was a lot better I felt. It's still pretty Shaft but this episode at least was enjoyable throughout!
Might be properly sold on this yet!
Yes, keep going! While overall rough around the edges S1 has a few really great episodes.
Actual picture of ZachDeKoromaru
wtf why is my gif not gifing. piece of trashbutt minus. might migrate over to that german site.

hmmm weird work unblocked minus again.

http://i.minus.com/iEHqFiFktnRqk.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RvgkqRB.gif

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
To be fair to the show, it's based off a manga, so I think it was the mangaka's decision to change it last minute. Still doesn't change the end result though..

I'll check out the manga when I get home. Still, fuck them and their lack of courage.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder how people would feel about YuruYuri if Akari's siscon big sister wasn't changed from siscon big brother.

Jarmel

Banned
They're all Japanese. :p

There's a lot of new info on Captain Earth in the mags. But I can't be bothered to translate and post stuff without good scans to have better context of the designs and stuff described in the text.

African-Japanese? Unless she goes to the tanning salon and gets fried there, she has got some African blood in her somewhere.

Do you think everyone with darker skin is from Africa?

I hear it's gonna take a lot to drag MC away from her.

There's nothing that a hundred mech or more could ever do.

Protag praises the rains down in AFRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICA [OH AFRICA!]

Gonna take some time to learn the things he never ha-ah-ah-aaaaaaa-ah-ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom