• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Jeff

Infinite Stratos 2 - 05

This is a terrible episode. Absolutely terrible. Opening with this line and then failing to deliver anything that could hope to live up to it is despicable. False advertising of the worst kind.

Then the horror continues with Houki staining the very concept of a fox priestess outfit by her existence as a worthless failure of a childhood friend who should have been put down long before. Small mercy she doesn't wear glasses.

Thankfully, the next few sequences are saved by Cecillia Bunny, Char Poodle, Laura Bunny and god-tier Tatenashi Cat.

Then it goes back into super fucking creepy tier as his sister dresses up for him. And out of all that display of flesh, he ends up picking her. . _.

The entire series could then have been salvaged then and there as the cliffhanger indicates Ichika getting shot unto death. This would then clear the way for a new series starring Char and Laura in a buddy cop action series with Tatenashi as their flirtatious superior.

TL:DR - Tatenashi = Char > Cecillia = Laura > The rest of the cast, noone cares > Shit > Houki who will die alone.

All of these words typed for a bad harem show. It is a black day.

Edit: On the subject of Idolm@ster, I really can't watch it after seeing Xenoglossia first. It sort of ruins all the characters forever.

Seriously, this is really bugging me now. There was nothing wrong with that post, why did it silently disappear. All the discussion that followed on that page is now weird and out of context.

The only feasible reason that occurs to me is if some oversensitive person decided that the word "lolilicious" was somehow too risqué to be allowed, but that can't be the issue since the posts specifically discussing that word have been left there right at the top of the page (along with the posts about Kotaku and CNN which, while I don't have any problems with them personally, I would also consider significantly more offensive than anything that was in the deleted posts).

So what's the deal. Does someone just hate nice things?

It's obvious the issue is with Cure Rouge

Please allow the following images to briefly explain the entirety of Victory Gundam to you:

So....death by bubble gum, wheels, female nazis, underwear, crying babies, Christmas bells, and the "Why don't you have a seat right over there?" guy. That's Victory Gundam.

How very strange...

wonzo

Banned
Seriously, this is really bugging me now. There was nothing wrong with that post, why did it silently disappear. All the discussion that followed on that page is now weird and out of context.

The only feasible reason that occurs to me is if some oversensitive person decided that the word "lolilicious" was somehow too risqué to be allowed, but that can't be the issue since the posts specifically discussing that word have been left there right at the top of the page (along with the posts about Kotaku and CNN which, while I don't have any problems with them personally, I would also consider significantly more offensive than anything that was in the deleted posts).

So what's the deal. Does someone just hate nice things?
Dude, if you can't see how utterly creepy and disgusting that post was then I really don't know what to say…

CorvoSol

So....death by bubble gum, wheels, female nazis, underwear, crying babies, Christmas bells, and the "Why don't you have a seat right over there?" guy. That's Victory Gundam.

How very strange...

Putting this in the very least spoilery way I can (though bear in mind some manner of spoilers are necessary)
Victory Gundam's Char clone is a pedophile. Well, ephebophile, but who cares? His men are all rapists. They work for an empire of Feminazis run entirely by men. EVERY FUCKING EPISODE HAS THIS SQUEALING PIGSHIT OF A DEMON'S FART ERUPTING FROM THE VESUVIAN DEPTHS OF A SO CALLED BABY'S GAPING MAW. Lightsabers, bikinis, and bells are part of the endgame's madness, and wheels and bubble tape represent the bad guys' design philosophy regarding mecha.

Theonik

Edit: On the subject of Idolm@ster, I really can't watch it after seeing Xenoglossia first. It sort of ruins all the characters forever.
Watching that after iM@S

What in the blazes!? Theonik has never seen the iDOLM@STER!? As for your question on whether it is the best idol show, well I'd certainly say it is up there as one of the best, but one thing I can say for certain is that it is the best show based off of a videogame. Honestly, I don't think it gets enough props for actually being a decent videogame adaption.
The shame of not having seen it is the largest reason I've been putting it off so long haha

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
What in the blazes!? Theonik has never seen the iDOLM@STER!? As for your question on whether it is the best idol show, well I'd certainly say it is up there as one of the best, but one thing I can say for certain is that it is the best show based off of a videogame. Honestly, I don't think it gets enough props for actually being a decent videogame adaption.

We should have a month where everyone sports an iM@S avatar.

We should have a month where everyone sports an iM@S avatar.
A whole month of waifu wars.

xuDCbaU.gif

Putting this in the very least spoilery way I can (though bear in mind some manner of spoilers are necessary)
Victory Gundam's Char clone is a pedophile. Well, ephebophile, but who cares? His men are all rapists. They work for an empire of Feminazis run entirely by men. EVERY FUCKING EPISODE HAS THIS SQUEALING PIGSHIT OF A DEMON'S FART ERUPTING FROM THE VESUVIAN DEPTHS OF A SO CALLED BABY'S GAPING MAW. Lightsabers, bikinis, and bells are part of the endgame's madness, and wheels and bubble tape represent the bad guys' design philosophy regarding mecha.

Really? Those mecha designs sound so...

*one quick google search later*

etiOTAt.jpg

In all honesty though, when you put it that way, the show sounds pretty offensive and annoying.

It's the way you keep describing the character deaths that intrigue me.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 4

Political chess and Setsuna diving in the ocean to get into himself (Exia), it can only be an episode of 00!

Saji trying to talk to Setsuna is always fun to see due to him being a Gundam and therefore lacking the ability to string long sentences together.

CorvoSol

Really? Those mecha designs sound so...

*one quick google search later*

etiOTAt.jpg

In all honesty though, when you put it that way, the show sounds pretty offensive and annoying.

It's the way you keep describing the character deaths that intrigue me.

Most of the horrible deaths in Victory Gundam are reserved for women because Tomino hates women.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 4

Political chess and Setsuna diving in the ocean to get into himself (Exia), it can only be an episode of 00!

Saji trying to talk to Setsuna is always fun to see due to him being a Gundam and therefore lacking the ability to string long sentences together.

I should throw out that, on a positive note, I loved the first season of 00's mecha designs. As a whole 00's designs are probably in the upper echelons of Gundam designs.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 9 The Stolen Dragon Deck

Systemic Dagger seems like the most used card thus far. But looking beyond that it was a nice team building experience for all of Team Balle du Soleil. I think they ended up stronger than they were before.

-

Also nice at the Buddyfight event. (Gargantua Punisher)
BhmcQV6CIAACfcH.jpg

cnet128

Banned
Dude, if you can't see how utterly creepy and disgusting that post was then I really don't know what to say…

What? If there's something I'm missing, then please let me know, because from where I'm standing there was nothing wrong with that post outside of possibly the "lolilicious" descriptor. I was continuing the earlier discussion of PapaKiki by drawing attention to the amusing coincidence that there are two shows both starring characters called Rin which are both similar to that show but take its appeal to different extremes, and taking the opportunity to also post nice images of a few cute characters that I like.

I can't see anything disgusting about that, unless you're deeply opposed to the very idea of loli characters in general. I've never made any attempt to hide the fact that I appreciate that type of character, because I don't think it's something to be ashamed of, and it's not like loli-related discussion is uncommon in this thread. I just can't see why anyone would single that post out as crossing some kind of line.

Branduil

Sometimes anime can distort your view of what is socially acceptable. Like, there are people who think building humanoid robots isn't a crime against nature.

Sometimes anime can distort your view of what is socially acceptable. Like, there are people who think building humanoid robots isn't a crime against nature.

Anime is also ruined when you watch with friends who aren't used to it.

Like the gagging noise they make when they're shocked. Who the hell makes that noise irl haha

I should throw out that, on a positive note, I loved the first season of 00's mecha designs. As a whole 00's designs are probably in the upper echelons of Gundam designs.

I'm quite liking the designs I've seen so far. HRL's 'normal suits' look hilarious though, why does it look like they have big T on their faces?

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 9 The Stolen Dragon Deck

Systemic Dagger seems like the most used card thus far. But looking beyond that it was a nice team building experience for all of Team Balle du Soleil. I think they ended up stronger than they were before.

-

Also nice at the Buddyfight event. (Gargantua Punisher)
BhmcQV6CIAACfcH.jpg

Gargantua Punisher being brandished by a guy in a mariachi outfit just makes me laugh.

CorvoSol

bit off topic, but I tried watching Twitch plays pokemon

I gave up after 3 minutes. It's like Michael J Fox playing pokemon

Honestly it's only fun to pop in for a minute or so once every several hours. Prolonged exposure is discouraged.

Whaaaaaat. Isaac Asimov has lied to me!

I'm quite liking the designs I've seen so far. HRL's 'normal suits' look hilarious though, why does it look like they have big T on their faces?

I honestly liked the HRL the most because they had the weirdest designs and because Soma Pires was the best Char in the show. Her interactions with Colonel Smirnov are also some of the better ones in 00.

Dynames was my favorite Gundam in that show, and remains one of my top Gundam designs, but I really liked the Exia and how it was centered on close-range, melee combat, because the Freedom and the Wing Zero are so much more about guns guns guns that it was nice to have an up close Gundam. It's also why I don't mind when Setsuna and Heero wind up teamed up in SRW games, because the Wing and the Exia complement each other.

Speaking of, SRWZ3 is going to have Heero Yuy, Setsuna F Seiei AND Sousuke Sagara. It's times like this I wish I could read Japanese because I'd bet a solid nickel their conversations are going to be a hoot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW will die after his rival shoots him with a sledgehammer.
A sledgehammer that shoots. Well I guess this is anime, but maybe lowercase letters will make more sense.

bgbw will die after a car kicks him with a broadsword.
………

On the website it was worse. The text wrap was borked so I thought it said I was kicked with a bro adsword. I was like Google's adwords gone dudebro?

EDIT:
BgBw will die after his mother slaps him with NAZI SCIENCE.
No comment.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkan! - Episode 3

Hana's learning stuff really quickly and Pop's feeling left behind. Although to be fair, Hana now has a 12/13 year old's body she needs to know 5th grade material.

It was nice in the end to see them both work together, it even
made Hana gain an extra level so there was a bonus there!

That opening is starting to get stuck in my head now.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkan! - Episode 3

Hana's learning stuff really quickly and Pop's feeling left behind. Although to be fair, Hana now has a 12/13 year old's body she needs to know 5th grade material.

It was nice in the end to see them both work together, it even
made Hana gain an extra level so there was a bonus there!

That opening is starting to get stuck in my head now.

The Dokkaan! opening probably is the catchiest OP in the franchise.

CHANCE! CHANCE! CHANCE! CHANCE!

CorvoSol

HIgurashi Cry 13

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

CNET WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT WHY

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 20

Wait,
Nui can't be hurt by the scissor because she's made out of life fibers? Isn't the whole point of the scissors to cut life fibers? And didn't Isshin stab her in the eye way back?

Solid episode. They're not even pretending Ryuko is the protagonist anymore, but the side cast is more fun anyway! Honestly, I don't find Satsuki that interesting as a character either, but at least she has more agency in the plot. Nudist Beach and friends are the highlight of the show for me.

Theonik

The iDOLM@STER 02
This was an even better episode with each of the girls showing their unique characteristics. The Boom Squeeze Boom performance by the twins made me lol. (sorry for the tumblr gif)
Also Chihaya is moe. And Makoto is godess. Iori was also pretty likeable this episode and Miki's performance wasn't bad either. Azusa being oblivious is so-so for me so far, I can see the cuteness though.
Takane being proper is also great. Basically what I'm getting at is I pretty much love the cast I guess. A1 really got their A-game together for this. SO GOOD.
This scene also slain me. Yukiho x Makoto is sounding more and more appealing. This episode almost killed me. I don't think I'll survive the Makoto episode.

Picking the catchiest Doremi OP is the hardest thing for me to do, as they're all so catchy! I could make some nice FamiTracker covers of them!
Dokiri dokiri don don. Ojamajo waaaaa koko ni iruuuuuuuu
I should finish sharp soon but too busy.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - 08

u19FEya.png
PYyS6fc.png

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!
Wrong Mori-Summer though!

3r2JJVB.gif

So this probably has to be my favorite episode out of the entire series thus far. It's like they had a checklist of the things I've been yearning for and decided to throw me a bone for waiting so long:

Pure love? Check.
An outsider coming in between the OTP?
Check.
Nibutani
becoming jealous that someone else has Deko's attention?
Check.
Deko
getting sad that Nibutani isn't fighting for her love?
Check.
Bringing up
the kiss
that happened in the OVA? Check.
Nibutani
returning to her Mori Summer roots to save the love of her life?
Check.
Cementing DekoxNibu as the real OTP of Chuu2? Check.

KyoAni should seriously consider adapting a work focused on yuri. My god would it sell like hotcakes.

HIgurashi Cry 13

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

CNET WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT WHY

OAh9FPf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom