• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The iDOLM@STER 02

This was an even better episode with each of the girls showing their unique characteristics. The Boom Squeeze Boom performance by the twins made me lol. (sorry for the tumblr gif)
Also Chihaya is moe. And Makoto is godess. Iori was also pretty likeable this episode and Miki's performance wasn't bad either. Azusa being oblivious is so-so for me so far, I can see the cuteness though.

I was about to rage, but then you said this:

Yukiho x Makoto is sounding more and more appealing. This episode almost killed me. I don't think I'll survive the Makoto episode.

Nakamaaaaaaa~!

cnet128

Banned
HIgurashi Cry 13

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

CNET WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT WHY

...Yyyyyyyep. This reaction was inevitable.

Wake Up, Girls! 8

This is pretty painful to watch, but at least the girls really are speaking their minds and arguing the whole thing out for all they're worth. Except Mayu, who's still refusing to open up to the others about her past with I-1. I really think it's high time they had that discussion.

Oh, and I guess Nanami is keeping a pretty big secret from the group too now, seeing as how it doesn't look like she's mentioned to them that
she has no intention of staying with WUG long-term or even taking part in the contest they're all working their asses off to compete in
. Yeah, a bit more openness would be appreciated here in general.

CorvoSol

OAh9FPf.jpg

It's not funny man! They were so close this time!

So fucking close.

Ranma 1/2 ep 39 - 40
BhmyDi9CMAAAZka.png

The Romeo and Juliet episode was funny with everyone, though I hope the anime isnt truly going to go an Akane Ranma route, she seems to be having feelings while thankfully Ranma still expresses no interest at all. Would really ruin the anime and decrease how fun it is if it became some romance.

Hot springs episode was hilarious, especially Ranma side of it and the old man and constantly having to be on guard with him. Havent laughed this much in awhile in Ranma.

Syrinx

Magic Knight Reyearth 4

Heh. Paused a bit during the Alcyone fight and found this thread. Found it kinda funny, what with her belly-exposing one-piece and all.

Serious yuri undertones brewing between Hikaru and Umi. Mostly on Umi's side. Fuu's kinda the lame one out of the three; she kinda reminds me of Reikabot at times, saying things like "Perhaps we have fallen into a trap" after they get caught in a net. Also weird quotes like "Now I know how my laundry feels", though I guess those are kinda funny in their own way how out of place they seem.

Articalys

Just make a limited $400 boxset to rake in that AnimeGAf money.
Hey, all I know is that if they eventually release a JP BD-box that has official English subs (which I'm pretty sure exist, considering it aired on Animax Asia last autumn), I'm importing it immediately.

By the way, do you people think I'm as bad as a cockroach?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ranma 1/2 ep 39 - 40
BhmyDi9CMAAAZka.png

The Romeo and Juliet episode was funny with everyone, though I hope the anime isnt truly going to go an Akane Ranma route, she seems to be having feelings while thankfully Ranma still expresses no interest at all. Would really ruin the anime and decrease how fun it is if it became some romance.

Hot springs episode was hilarious, especially Ranma side of it and the old man and constantly having to be on guard with him. Havent laughed this much in awhile in Ranma.

I'm surprised you liked the hotspring episode considering 50% of it was just boobs

cajunator

Banned
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - 08

3r2JJVB.gif

So this probably has to be my favorite episode out of the entire series thus far. It's like they had a checklist of the things I've been yearning for and decided to throw me a bone for waiting so long:

Pure love? Check.
An outsider coming in between the OTP?
Check.
Nibutani
becoming jealous that someone else has Deko's attention?
Check.
Deko
getting sad that Nibutani isn't fighting for her love?
Check.
Bringing up
the kiss
that happened in the OVA? Check.
Nibutani
returning to her Mori Summer roots to save the love of her life?
Check.
Cementing DekoxNibu as the real OTP of Chuu2? Check.

KyoAni should seriously consider adapting a work focused on yuri. My god would it sell like hotcakes.

Day 1.

The iDOLM@STER 02

This was an even better episode with each of the girls showing their unique characteristics. The Boom Squeeze Boom performance by the twins made me lol. (sorry for the tumblr gif)
Also Chihaya is moe. And Makoto is godess. Iori was also pretty likeable this episode and Miki's performance wasn't bad either. Azusa being oblivious is so-so for me so far, I can see the cuteness though.
Takane being proper is also great. Basically what I'm getting at is I pretty much love the cast I guess. A1 really got their A-game together for this. SO GOOD.
This scene also slain me. Yukiho x Makoto is sounding more and more appealing. This episode almost killed me. I don't think I'll survive the Makoto episode.

Dokiri dokiri don don. Ojamajo waaaaa koko ni iruuuuuuuu
I should finish sharp soon but too busy.

youre not ready.
youre just not.

That's cute, you actually think Hyouka (sadly) would sell more than jack and squat over here.

Id be the only one who actually buys it.

cnet128

Banned
By the way, do you people think I'm as bad as a cockroach?

The hell. Of course we don't think that.

obviously it's me that people think is as bad as a cockroach since they wipe my posts from existence, call me disgusting and then ignore me when I complain, god knows I'm not bitter or anything

After War Gundam X - 7

Wow, Garrod suddenly became an asshole. Well, he was kind of an asshole before, but somehow he's getting worse.

I know he wasn't exactly raised in the brightest part of the world, (the little there probably are in this show), but for the love of crap, this dude doesn't even APOLOGIZE for his own screw-up! And to top it all off he runs away stealing the GX and decides to sell it! Dick move man. Dick move.

Meanwhile the other story in this episode was way more interesting. With that guy's Gold stash being discovered putting his entire family in jeopardy.

Honestly, I didn't expect the guy to have so much trouble dealing with just three of those goons before it escalated into a full-on ambush Captain America movie style though. I mean, they looked like your typical everyday grunt robots. I feel like this entire problem should have been resolved in two-minutes.

Link Man

Banned
So I'm trying to think of what dog breeds they show the most in anime.

And I'm starting to think that Shiba Inu and Pug are the two winners.

shiba_inuko-san.jpg

:woofdawg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway:

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 3

ibgwZhED6EGwXo.jpg

Ah, things are starting to get a bit creepy. A real treat of an episode with some interesting visuals.

cajunator

Banned
HIgurashi Cry 13

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

CNET WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT WHY

Well there goes the neighborhood.

Midonin

Sakura Trick 08

Anime doesn't care that it's February. If they want you to feel like you should be decking the halls and caroling in search of wassail (for which, if it is not provided, you shall obtain their debit card and PIN number), they will make you feel that way. That special ending theme was really sweet, and as both of these are super romantic events, Haruka and Yuu are even cuter together. The wedding half was amazing, the way one phone call set everything in motion, and the ending of the Christmas episode was visually beautiful. Fantastic.

Well there goes the neighborhood.

I'm just glad he watched whatever horrors were in that episode BEFORE watching Kino episode 8.

Now he'll be able to lift his spirits after they have been darkened as opposed to the other way around.

And then his mind will explode when he watches episode 9.

cnet128

Banned
Kino no Tabi 7

Wow. That's definitely one way to end a tournament.

I think all the other countries in the world should probably be happy that Kino generally follows a non-interference policy. Because when Kino decides to interfere...god help you all.

So I'm trying to think of what dog breeds they show the most in anime.

And I'm starting to think that Shiba Inu and Pug are the two winners.

It's 100% Shiba Inus. Pugs have become more prominent in recent years oddly enough. It's rare to see nearly any other breed in anime. You'd think corgis would get some time in the spotlight thanks to Cowboy Bebop, but nope.

There's a bigger variety in manga.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Silver Spoon Episode 6
After a week or 2 break I am quickly reminded of the sheer quality that bleeds from this show, and how great its written.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I genuinely extremely like the 6th episode of silver spoon, idk what it is, maybe the right time or place, but that was a specific episode I needed to see to feel satisfied for the day.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Picking the catchiest Doremi OP is the hardest thing for me to do, as they're all so catchy! I could make some nice FamiTracker covers of them!
The way the song builds up energy, releases, and then charges forward still without actually falling off is great. It's very much an unapologetic, full-throated theme.

I tend to like it when shows know when to toot their own horn that way. This one had to grow on me a bit at first though. Meanwhile, the video synced start beat of Naisho's OP sold me the first time.

C-c-cockroach?!
i1CaWdJgNTizx.png

Those two look a lot like Ryuko and Mako.

Kino no Tabi 7

Wow. That's definitely one way to end a tournament.

I think all the other countries in the world should probably be happy that Kino generally follows a non-interference policy. Because when Kino decides to interfere...god help you all.

Kino only interferes if it's within her power to do so and if it doesn't hinder who she is as a traveller. Otherwise, she generally won't get involved.

Next episode is Cajun's favourite, and the episode after that is my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom