• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Macross II part 3

Oh God. She's a diva. She's a soldier. He's an asshole who happens to be a talented pilot.

Please no. All I ask is that. Please, please no.

Midonin

Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live 47

Ito's story is probably the most... I don't want to say melodramatic, because Bell is more of a drama queen by nature... but I'll go with "heavy". Dead family members and parental divorce make the whole thing dive into territory I don't often see in kids' anime. And that's why it was so satisfying for that to finally get a form of closure tonight. Ito's Jump being something that can rearrange the planets themselves (metaphorically?) was pretty awesome.

cajunator

Banned
Those two look a lot like Ryuko and Mako.

Kino only interferes if it's within her power to do so and if it doesn't hinder who she is as a traveller. Otherwise, she generally won't get involved.

Next episode is Cajun's favourite, and the episode after that is my favourite.

eeyup
iirc you favorite must be
the author

TL Note: Hyouka means
ice cream

this one thing makes watching the show completely unnecessary.

The wiggly kirby at the bottom is what's gonna sell them on it, no doubt.

Kino's Journey 8

It's nice to see that Kino can do good to revolutionize a country just as well as she can shake things up in one. What I liked most about this episode is that Kino's response to the question Hermes posed early on in the show has been made clear:
She will help people, reasons or no.

Wasnt she cute? Damn she was a cutie.

Quasar

AnimeGAF, I'm gonna say something that you will probably castrate me for. It'll be an unpopular opinion, but I feel I need to get it out there.

I just finished watching Usagi Drop. Fantastic show. Heartwarming. Sweet. Likeable characters. Really enjoyed it.

But I thought Listen to Me, Girls, I'm Your Father! was better.

Heh. I thought Aishiteruze Baby was better, so you aren't alone with contrary opinions on this I guess sub genre.

Branduil

Kaze Tachinu

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate

iAItgLAxph5h9.jpg

Articalys

Yup. Sub first, then dub.

It could be wider, but still limited. I wouldn't be surprised, given that this really isn't the Lego movie or Frozen.
So I know the answer isn't really cut and dry but should I settle for the dub or make an extra effort to see if any theaters nearby are screening the sub?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I know the answer isn't really cut and dry but should I settle for the dub or make an extra effort to see if any theaters nearby are screening the sub?

Well, I'm a sub-guy, so I'm a bit biased of course. But the dub was fine. You have Martin Short hamming it up a bit, but it actually worked for the crowd and made them laugh so what do I know.

It's not a Sentai or Funimation dub at least. lol

I don't recall one, but maybe I didn't pay too much attention to it. But at least episode 6 in CR doesnt have it.

Hah, fair enough.

survivor

Banned
It might still be limited, but I'm not sure. I had to go to the city to watch it... but the flip side is that they are offering it in both languages, which is a nice surprise.

That's pretty nice. Looks like the only theater showing it here in Ottawa is dub only, bummer. Might just wait for the BD then.

I'm going to re-edit Hyouka so Corvo can like it.

I'll just add random mech battle scenes sprinkled throughout each episode.

senpai I'm curious! I'm curious as to how to beat our enemy, modern tactics aren't working, maybe we should transform into Moetron.

CorvoSol

I'm going to re-edit Hyouka so Corvo can like it.

I'll just add random mech battle scenes sprinkled throughout each episode.

senpai I'm curious! I'm curious as to how to beat our enemy, modern tactics aren't working, maybe we should transform into Moetron.

Son I've shat on enough mecha you should know that wouldn't be enough for me.

Tell you what, though. If you can somehow edit Hyouka so that it's a show about a bunch of high schoolers trying to solve the mysteries of Samurai Flamenco, then I will bow before you as my King.

Son I've shat on enough mecha you should know that wouldn't be enough for me.

Tell you what, though. If you can somehow edit Hyouka so that it's a show about a bunch of high schoolers trying to solve the mysteries of Samurai Flamenco, then I will bow before you as my King.

Too much trouble. I'll just edit scenes of Mister Justice and Alien Flamenco speaking engrish. 10/10 AOTY.

"When I watched it, I had to SIT. DOWN. I mean COHM OOOOOOOOOOOOOHN" -Alien Flamenco

"Without this edit, the anime is BAD. JOHSTEEZ." - Mister Justice

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So did you buy Aoi Hana? I did. :p

It's on my to do list. FigureGAF put a hurting on my wallet so I need to wait until my next paycheck. :lol

There's a camera around here somewhere, if I can find it I'll take some shots so you guys can see what I have so far. :D

Lurky

Sakura Trick 8

I need to stop watching this show. It's way too sweet. I think I'm dying... This is seriously one of the most satisfying romance anime I've ever watched. I know that's not saying much because romance anime tend to suck but I love this fucking show. Also, it would be nice to see more of the other pairings that aren't Haruka and Yuu.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's pretty nice. Looks like the only theater showing it here in Ottawa is dub only, bummer. Might just wait for the BD then.

If you only have the one option, I still think it's worth going to watch it. In particular, there's one scene early in the film that looked amazing.

It's on my to do list. FigureGAF put a hurting on my wallet so I need to wait until my next paycheck. :lol

There's a camera around here somewhere, if I can find it I'll take some shots so you guys can see what I have so far. :D

Now I know where your priorities are!

Quasar

Yozakura Quartet -Tsuki ni Naku 2 - Time between parts is not doing it any favours. Don't suppose there's any indication of more Quartet?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sakura Trick 8

Hnnnnnnnnnng this episode. So good.

Also, it looked like Yuu was enjoying her Nintendo XBox (complete with Kinect and...Sega Genesis controller?).

I kinda wonder though...a Christmas episode airing in February. There was some pretty impressive animation going on in the second half. I wonder if this episode was originally meant to air around Christmas but got delayed due to extra work being needed on all that nice light show animation.

CorvoSol

I dunno. Maybe then I'd get a 'All Asuna, All The Time Kicking Ass' show.

Maaaaybe. Then again this is the same Asuna who suddenly decides that a man has legitimate claim to who she goes and spends her time with in a video game. The same Asuna who just chills all chained up in a cage.

And this is still the show that lavished praise on a mass murderer.

eeyup
iirc you favorite must be
the author

CORVO DON'T READ. KINO EPISODE 9 SPOILERS.

Yes, that's the one. There was a certain tone of existentialism that really made that episode much more different than the rest of the episodes in that show. It starts off as something some would find silly but escalates into something so crazy deep and provides some really philosophical and insightful questions. I love how open it is. Is the author just a crazy man? Or was he something much more? Most would say the former, but given everything you see in that episode, the answer well, isn't clear.

But then again. Nothing is clear in Kino's Journey. It's all up to the viewer to decide in the end. Such a good show.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Silver Spoon S2 7

God damn this episode is one of the best baseball episodes. That ending was so
heartbreaking. Komaba is a big man, dude doesn't even flinch at his teammate pulling a Buckner to screw them out of advancing.

This second season has been truly amazing at how it manages to cover so many different things and delivers on them so perfectly

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Dang it Madp. Now I have followers on Twitter and they're EXPECTING something of me. I can't handle this kind of pressure!

I somehow managed to get you followed by one of my Japanese followers who only follows me because they're practicing English by talking to international Precure fans. I'm so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom