• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

I somehow managed to get you followed by one of my Japanese followers who only follows me because they're practicing English by talking to international Precure fans. I'm so sorry.

looking forward to the anime adaptation down the line

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This has romcom written all over it.

It was foretold by said follower hours ago.

yfl6d8j.png

(in context: I convinced an actual Japanese person to start watching Inari Konkon, Koi Irona. What have YOU done for InaKon lately?)

I somehow managed to get you followed by one of my Japanese followers who only follows me because they're practicing English by talking to international Precure fans. I'm so sorry.

Precure x Kiniro Mosiac

EDIT: AH that person, yeah. I was also followed by that person.

Well we're going places.

Doesn't compare to what I was in a half hour ago.

EDIT: Hey, Syrinx, would you be willing to be my Iona/Cure Fortune?

CorvoSol

I will consult Ryouga Sensei on how to proceed. Though I sometimes worry he doesn't know how to interact with anyone in Japan above the age of 10.

99.9% chance of being yaoi, and if not, Corvo's going to prison considering demographics.

The DTL CNet crossover anime nobody expected. Watch as one talking bird tries to romance his underage young human male love interest!

Sausage Corvo will save anime. It's sequel, Sausages :Corvo, will be the most divisive anime of all time.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The DTL CNet crossover anime nobody expected. Watch as one talking bird tries to romance his underage young human male love interest!

Sausage Corvo will save anime. It's sequel, Sausages :Corvo, will be the most divisive anime of all time.

Boku no Corvo.

Non Non Biyori 1-12

The show where nothing happens but makes you smile after you finish each episode. There is very little, if any drama. The show is easy going and cute. I hope there is another season. I found out that some of the characters that were on this show also appear in the author's other mangas, which is awesome. Love it when the continuity spreads to other works!

Night Raid 1931: 1-14 Series Thoughts
ihlAeFd.jpg

Well I finished this show in one sitting. It started out very strong, fizzled out quite a bit towards the later half, and ended in a satisfying fashion by the end.

The Premise: A group of people with superpowers work as a team for shady government missions in the 1930's. Think of X-Men in a period piece. The show largely takes place in China, though it does have a very international feeling to it so if that's something that appeals to you, go for it. It has a very Baccano!/Gangsters design to the outfits and settings.

The Characters: None really stand out besides Aoi and his waifu. They're not bad, but they develop very little if at all. We have a loving badass butler, a strong empowered woman, and the sasuke of the anime. Then we have Aoi which I guess would be like the Naruto, only less annoying and more cheerful. The other characters weren't black or white which I appreciated, as it shows a level of maturity that seinen tend to have. The villains didn't really feel like villains, just a different side to a coin.

Animation: The first episode seems to have wasted most of its animation budget as later episodes weren't nearly as spectacular with their fight scenes or animation. They weren't bad either but I was expecting so much.

Over-all:
I enjoyed it. I can now see why it isn't really mentioned here. It's not bad and it doesn't jump the shark, it's just...forgettable? Yeah that's it. They tried to do something with a message about the atomic bomb but it felt a bit forced in and too obvious since it's Japan and all, so I kind of cringed at it when they kept beating me upside the head with it. It's entertaining enough to keep you watching, but it's similar to Jormungand in that sense where you keep watching and you're entertained but it never really hits a homerun so you'll just be entertained. Like watching a B-movie.

I wouldn't recommend the show by any means, but I wouldn't say it's bad either. If it catches your attention give it a watch, but don't expect anything spectacular.

I knew my Pampered Futabu! post would mean something!

Yeah, Star Jewel was great, but I found something called Star Jewel Gaiden? Was the most disappointing thing.

How to sum it up? You know how people often say JJBA2012 was like a motion comic? That is more animated than Star Jewel Gaiden.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm assuming your just saying that because you like all the characters but one has to be liked the least. As for the product in question, I guess that's why the show kept saying "are you sure she's in the fifth grade" because that will now be your line of defence. "Are you sure? Have you got proof? For all you know she could just be pretending to be younger..." And so on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Over-all:
I enjoyed it. I can now see why it isn't really mentioned here. It's not bad and it doesn't jump the shark, it's just...forgettable? Yeah that's it. They tried to do something with a message about the atomic bomb but it felt a bit forced in and too obvious since it's Japan and all, so I kind of cringed at it when they kept beating me upside the head with it. It's entertaining enough to keep you watching, but it's similar to Jormungand in that sense where you keep watching and you're entertained but it never really hits a homerun so you'll just be entertained. Like watching a B-movie.

I wouldn't recommend the show by any means, but I wouldn't say it's bad either. If it catches your attention give it a watch, but don't expect anything spectacular.

It was sort of a thing back when it aired, because it was part of the short lived Anime no Chikara initiative where A-1 or someone else gave people money to make original anime. The initiative clearly bombed, but it also gave me Sora no Woto, so I appreciate it for that if nothing else.

This show did end up being more forgettable than that Scooby Doo thing though... Occult Academy. What's funny is that somehow, all three shows ended up being licensed. (Even if Sora no Woto will never get a BD release here).

Quasar

Noragami OAD1 - I think this might have been my most enjoyable episode of Noragami. Wish the regular show was more like this.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I knew my Pampered Futabu! post would mean something!

Yeah, Star Jewel was great, but I found something called Star Jewel Gaiden? Was the most disappointing thing.

How to sum it up? You know how people often say JJBA2012 was like a motion comic? That is more animated than Star Jewel Gaiden.

Haha I wasn't going to leave you hanging!

Yeah I saw Star Jewel Gaiden, which even though it was in stills I enjoyed it. Nowhere near as good as Star Jewel though.

Haha I wasn't going to leave you hanging!

Yeah I saw Star Jewel Gaiden, which even though it was in stills I enjoyed it. Nowhere near as good as Star Jewel though.

But if it's just stills, I might as well just read it. It looks more like "hey, we're really strapped for cash here!"

It was sort of a thing back when it aired, because it was part of the short lived Anime no Chikara initiative where A-1 or someone else gave people money to make original anime. The initiative clearly bombed, but it also gave me Sora no Woto, so I appreciate it for that if nothing else.

This show did end up being more forgettable than that Scooby Doo thing though... Occult Academy. What's funny is that somehow, all three shows ended up being licensed. (Even if Sora no Woto will never get a BD release here).

I looked up an image for Sora No Woto.

Sorry No Watchy.

In all seriousness I've never been a big fan of all-girl cast shows for one reason or the other. Hence why I think yuri shows are terrible. Maybe some other time.

Mature

The Wind Rises
A beautiful, albeit, flawed film. I'm far too exhausted to write about it in detail right now, but I'd say firehawk hit the nail on the head with how I felt about it.

With nothing to compare it to, I thought the dub was quite good. I also really liked the song in the credits (The theme I suppose?).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I looked up an image for Sora No Woto.

Sorry No Watchy.

In all seriousness I've never been a big fan of all-girl cast shows for one reason or the other. Hence why I think yuri shows are terrible. Maybe some other time.
It has its yuri moments, but only in an omake episode. It's the closest thing to Aria since that show ended, so it has a place in my heart. lol

The Wind Rises
A beautiful, albeit, flawed film. I'm far too exhausted to write about it in detail right now, but I'd say firehawk hit the nail on the head with how I felt about it.

With nothing to compare it to, I thought the dub was quite good. I also really liked the song in the credits (The theme I suppose?).
You know, I can't remember at the moment... was the ED in English or Japanese?

wonzo

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 18

samuraiflam18.jpg

I… what the.

I can't even begin to imagine where they're gonna go after this. Holy shit.

Zvezda 7

sekaiseifuku7.jpg

Speaking of mindfucks. That was a pretty unexpected twist but I'm certainly diggin' the direction this show's going in now.
Was that Renge in the photo at the end or was that the girl in the preview?

Mr.Jeff

Every time someone says something bad about Xenoglossia, a Penguin loses it's wings. Why do you guys hate Penguins?
Well it's not that I mean that it's bad per se, more that it's given me a different bias towards to the characters than from the normal series: i.e - all of them being awful human beings.

Kotoura-san 1-5

Wow. The opening scene to this show really gets you hooked. This show can go from serious drama to over-the-top comedy quickly, which can be a bit jarring but it's super interesting. I kind of wish they chose a more serious approach but I really dig this either way. Highly recommend checking out the first ep. The first 10 mins especially tells you so much about Kotoura -- it's really well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom