• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Basically you disliked everything I disliked.

Only you didn't mention 'fool this isn't even my final form'. GOD DAMMIT YOU MENTION IT RIGHT NOW.

You can't have a good fight if you don't go "This isn't even my final form!" at least once. RPGs taught me that.

CorviSol: That is the post of a magical girl fan.

Some nights I lie awake and wonder if Magical Girls aren't just Mecha in frilly skirts.

It's hilariously hostile lol

The goal was playfully hostile, but if hilariously hostile is what comes across that's good enough for me.

Link Man

Banned
Mushi-shi 6

Wow, what an episode. So deep.
Is it worth giving up all of your memories to forget the painful ones? I'm sure most would say no, but it is a tempting proposition.

Hattori

Banned
GBF 10
The 4 MS battle royale was pretty awesome and a nice change of pace. It's a nice way to show who the big shots of the tournament are. And then there was Aila...
FC8xxGX.jpg

3BErkYX.jpg
I guess Aila fulfills the role of the Sunrise masked character in this series.

CorvoSol

There's a line. Macross 7 is on one side. Magic Knight Rayearth is on the other.

Of all franchises it would be Macross that would try to bridge that gap, wouldn't it?

GBF 10
The 4 MS battle royale was pretty awesome and a nice change of pace. It's a nice way to show who the big shots of the tournament are. And then there was Aila...

I guess Aila fulfills the role of the Sunrise masked character in this series.

Technically Aila fills the same role as
Soma Pires in 00 and Allenby Beardsley in G. Somebody else wears the mask/shades.

CorvoSol

That would be a very strange news headline.

The good news is you don't have to, just watch the first and last episodes and you've basically watched the entire show.

Angry bird fights little girl to defend honor of years old Japanese cartoon.

Sounds like the title fight of the century.

Hattori

Banned
Of all franchises it would be Macross that would try to bridge that gap, wouldn't it?

Technically Aila fills the same role as
Soma Pires in 00 and Allenby Beardsley in G. Somebody else wears the mask/shades.
I don't really get the references, but if it's not her then it's probably that

Valvravve 23-24

Let's never speak of this stupid shit again

until it's announced on Toonami lol

Steins;Gate

Fuck Kurisu, I would have let WWIII happened :p
. Anyway, great show

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
CorvoSol: FUN FACTS...

Who directed Star Driver?

Igarashi, who was series director of Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars(after being an episode director for the other four seasons), Ashita no Nadja, Ouran High School Host Club, and Ojamajo Doremi.

Who wrote Star Driver?

Enokido, who wrote Redline, wrote Melody of Oblivion, was an episode writer for Sailor Moon S and Supers, was the lead writer for Ouran High School Host Club, and was the lead writer of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

YER IN DEEP

Gazoinks

Clannad After Story 12

So
Yoshino's backstory came kind of out of nowhere. Like, the story itself was good and feelsy, but I had a hard time buying it because I didn't feel like it really meshed with Yoshino's character as I'd known it so far. And if he was huge why has no one recognized him? It sort of felt like they needed a story for Yoshino so they just picked one at random from their tragic backstory file.
I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.

Second half of the episode was really strong though. Some major angst and character development for Tomoya.
And now they're getting married I guess. At least wait till she's out of high school dude!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
A supposed Spring list.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/01-1/updated-spring-2014-anime-chart

Even just in a list I can feel the overwhelming awesomeness of Tatsuya from Mahouka. Not sure how people will cope.

The "I AGREE WITH JOE BIDEN: YES MORE OF THAT PLEASE" tier
Mushishi: Zoku-Shou

The "I'm Not Hungry, but I Could Eat" tier
Mekaku City Actors
Captain Planet HE'S OUR HERO Earth
Isshuukan Friends.
Broken Blade (even though I've already seen the movies)
Hitsugi no Chaika

The "Roll the Dice, Hope You Don't Get a Natural One" tier
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Sidonia no Kishi
Akuma no Riddle
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Abarenbou Sikishi!! Matsutarou
Majin Bone
Escha & Logy
Fuuun Ishin Dai Shogun

The '"I Have A Bad Feeling About This..." presented by LucasFilm, presented by Disney' tier
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Black Bullet
No Game, No Life
Baby Steps
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san

The "I Might Be Drunk, But I'm Not That Drunk" tier
Pretty Rhythm
Tenkai Knights
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Nandaka Velonica
Haikyuu!!
Locodol
Disk Wars: Avengers
Mahou Shouju Taisen
Seikoku no Dragonar
Monster Retusden Oreca Battle
La Corda D'Oro Blue-Sky
Hero Bank
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Sadon Desu
Lady Jewlepet
Dragon Collection
Puchimas!! Petit Petit Idolm@ster
selector infected WIXOSS
Cardfight!!
Kamigami no Asobi

The "You Don't Hop Trains Moving at Full Speed" tier
JoJo: Stardust Crusaders
DragonBall Kai: Majin Buu-hen
Fairy Tail
Date a Live II
Soul Eater Not!
Yu-gi-oh! Arc V
Keroro
Kindichi Shounen no Jikenbo R
Blade and Soul
Long Live! Second Season

The "GAF Will Be My Poison Testers 'cause I Have No Fucking Idea About This One" tier
Wasimo
Kenzen Robo Diamidaler
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara
KutsuDaru
Ping Pong

CorvoSol

I don't really get the references, but if it's not her then it's probably that

So Aila,
a young prodigy forced by an evil organization to be their super soldier
references Four Murasame,
a Cyber Newtype, or Super Soldier who was a love interest of Zeta Gundam's protagonist who was forced by the evil organization to fight.
Soma Pires
was a young girl Super Soldier who was forced by an evil organization to fight in 00 Gundam and became the love interest of one of its protagonists.
Likewise, Allenby Beardsley
was the fighter for Sweden during G Gundam, who was forced to use the Berseker System which drove her into a violent, super powered state but caused her terrible pain.

Of course, since Aila pilots the Quebeley, it's also likely she's a reference to Elpeo Puru and UNICORN SPOILERS
Marida Cruz.
, who
was a young girl, forced by the Neo Zeon to be their super soldier and who viewed the protagonist of ZZ Gundam as a big brother figure.

Basically, Aila comes from a long line of characters like herself. The show's masked character is
the one in the sunglasses.

CorvoSol

CorvoSol: FUN FACTS...

Who directed Star Driver?

Igarashi, who was series director of Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars(after being an episode director for the other four seasons), Ashita no Nadja, Ouran High School Host Club, and Ojamajo Doremi.

Who wrote Star Driver?

Enokido, who wrote Redline, wrote Melody of Oblivion, was an episode writer for Sailor Moon S and Supers, was the lead writer for Ouran High School Host Club, and was the lead writer of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

YER IN DEEP

It never ceases to amaze me, the disparity between quality of projects made by the same person.

Corvo should give Ouran a watch too.

Isn't that that Nintendo game that became Elite Beat Agents?

FUN FACT: Utena would probably be higher on my backlog if I hadn't watched Star Driver :(

Tut. Tut. No doubt the fact people compare KLK to Utena has pushed poor Utena further down your list.

Penguindrum would have been a better show if it had just focused on the penguins.

And added penguin-san

and panda-kun

In fact they should have just made it into a season of Polar Bear cafe.

ac6h6ho.gif

I miss you :'(

Nafe

I am also trying to squeeze my brain about this. I remember what post you are talking about. Also remember it prompted madp to speak of other 'things' he said hr'd never speak to anyone about, much to hito's dismay.

Hitokage's dismay? He's always commenting on him removing his anime related avatars for example though,haha.

Haha, I'll see how much I'm watching next season. I'd still like to get back to Banner of the Stars soon as well.

I'm watching everything (at least the first couple episodes,) because there is always a hidden gem :)

Taking the "firehawk challenge" huh? Haha.

The hell, it's only March 1... y'all are starting this way too early.

Ask me again in a few weeks.

Same here.

Actually, no. I was referring to how you went and filled the last spot in the avatar set madp, Kirby, and myself had going for the next three months. Either you figured out the need on your own or read us talking about the last spot elsewhere. In any event, welcome aboard.

Ah,that. I saw you had changed avatars and my immediate thought was "Nice picture. Who's that?". Right after I noticed her uniform looked like the Happiness Charge outfits and doing a search I found the picture to confirm it was Megumi. I noticed madp had already switched to Hime and that KirbYayoi had recently switched to Yuuko.

After a little while I wondered if anyone had a Cure Fortune avatar yet. It didn't seem like it so I thought since I'm enjoying the show as well why not join in to the avatar theme? I also liked Cure Fortune the best as far as initial looks went anyway so it worked out good that way as well. :)

I was initially looking at the art of her more as she appears in the show like madp and KitbYayoi's avatars but liked the art piece in my current avatar. Since your avatar is more a piece of artwork I thought why not choose the one I have currently and then it would be two and two? If I see some nice shot from the show in an upcoming episode I might change to that though. I was actually going to switch earlier but got really tired and wasn't online.

Any other conversations that happened elsewhere I don't know any details about,sorry. :(
I guess as it turns out to your initial comment then I'm just clever. ;)

CorvoSol

"Shit! GUYS! We forgot about trying to explain the kid!"

"Fuck it! It's too late! No one will care at this point, anyways!"

I still love you, Valvrave. Probably for this exact reason.

I see... I kind of want to watch all the Gundam series' now, I feel like my knowledge of these things are severely lacking.

Gundam is a mixed bag, but it never hurts to know what's being referenced.
For what it's worth, I tried my best to give you the least spoilery versions of those characters back stories I could.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sounds like a lot of writers.

Then again, based on the mess Penguindrum became by the end, maybe Ikuhara needs Enokido too.
That may end up being the case!

Penguindrum would have been a better show if it had just focused on the penguins.

And added penguin-san

and panda-kun

In fact they should have just made it into a season of Polar Bear cafe.
Where's Kirby when you need a good glare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom