• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRancor

Yoko Kanno said something about Tomino not giving her much feedback for Brain Powerd, so she kind of ended up doing her own thing. Consequently, the soundtrack doesn't really match the show, but that's not a bad thing, since the music is interesting, beautiful and complex while the show is like Evangelion written in crayon.
It also gave her yet another chance to go record with the Warsaw Philharmonic again so yeah, it ain't all that bad. lol

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
What's the worst show with the best score?

Zaion: I Wish You Were Here, hands down. Mediocre-to-crap GONZO 4-part OVA with sooooooo much wasted potential
I still have a soft spot for it though :(
, including an absolutely amazing Kenji Kawai OST. I still listen to it. It's just pure prog rock awesome.

What's the worst show with the best score?

I don't know what's your favorite anime?
qXLiSq8.gif

All jokes aside I can't remember its name, but there's one anime with top notch animation that sucked really bad, and people say the soundtrack was amazing.

The one with the whiny kid who can pull powers out of others and use them himself. It tried to get all grim dark. Crowns? Tears? Some crao like that. You know the one. It's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

TheRancor

All jokes aside I can't remember its name, but there's one anime with top notch animation that sucked really bad, and people say the soundtrack was amazing.

The one with the whiny kid who can pull powers out of others and use them himself. It tried to get all grim dark. Crowns? Tears? Some crao like that. You know the one. It's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
More Sawano dreck? ewwww.

Jintor

I genuinely thought Heroes was a great show when it was about HRG and Hiro and Claire and Peter shackled by having really crappy leech powers.

Thoraxes

LMAO, glad I'm not the only one

Man.. I know you hate that show, at least its still proper produced show.. stuff like brain power'd doe..

And I'm sure there's something in The List with god-tier music too.

Oh it definitely is.

Also yeah, The List does have some good stuff in it.

Hattori

Banned
GBF 11
I was wrong the previous battle royale was a joke compared to this episode's. So many MS and Gundams in action x)
UkVeDqA.jpg

Don't like the pilot, but this MS is awesome looking.

ILiuoOI.jpg

More Aila :)

PrlCl3T.jpg

Thought I was watching One Piece for a second xD

I guess Reiji is going to be the focus next episode :(

Jex

Star Driver 24

You know, it isn't even the Love Dodecahedron going on in this show that weighs it down. Most of that can be dismissed as silly antics and reduced to one or two triangles. And it isn't even the Love Triangle weighing it down because Lord knows worse love triangles have been more popular in anime.

It's Wako. If Wako wasn't Bella Swan, and she had some ounce of personality, and so much of this love triangle didn't hinge on Wako being an indecisive, selfish brat, this show would be just fine.

I honestly feel Star Driver has far more problems than Wako, although I will concede that she's fairly terrible.
STAR DRIVER 25

OR BASICALLY ANIME GAF CAN SUCK IT CUZ THEY WERE FUCKING WRONG ABOUT THIS SHOW

No for reals. Y'all're fucking crazy for not liking this show. Like what the Hell? All the shit anime I've seen recently and you people don't like this? Come on.

[...]

In short: fuck you, fuck you, fuck you and fuck all of you. Star Driver was a great ride and some of you wouldn't know fun if you had it.
Star Driver has two pretty good episodes and very little of note happens in between. There's a number of poorly paced character centric arcs in between that try to be Utena-esque but unlike Utena, Star Driver doesn't have anything to say about...anything and as such it's characters are flat and boring and I don't care about anything that goes on in the show. Those were my criticisms at the time anyway as I canna remember the specifics of the series as it was somewhat un-memorable.

Dresden

the author draws all the art (for the LN) himself, so you know all the perversion and filth is straight from the creator himself, no filters attached

so genuine

so real

Branduil

the author draws all the art (for the LN) himself, so you know all the perversion and filth is straight from the creator himself, no filters attached

so genuine

so real

I liked it better when anime was about men and elves working together to fight dragons save the mythical realm of Lodoss instead of being about creepers living in basements who play MMORPGs and probably want to create hobgoblins with their sister.

Whatever happened to good clean escapism?

Jex

Fractale.

Is that to say, that it's the worst show with an OST that is better than the scores of other bad shows but still a bad OST overall

or

it's the worst show that actually has a good OST? The original question lacked clarity!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Space Dandy 09
Oh look, cool Space Dandy showed up this week. There is a running trend now that this show is at its best separated from the annoying caricatures its created. Space Dandy isn't some incompetent klutz, he's just some dude experiencing crazy stuff in space and the out there world the episode brewed up had plenty of room to breath. Even all the annoying one note characters either didn't show up
(Dr. Gel)
or were just kept out of commission
(Meow)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Is that to say, that it's the worst show with an OST that is better than the scores of other bad shows but still a bad OST overall

or

it's the worst show that actually has a good OST? The original question lacked clarity!
The latter is obviously the more interesting question. I know a handful of bad shows with good OPs, but I dunno about whole soundtracks that haven't already been named.

Geneijin

or

The worst show that sports the best score while being one of the worse shows, if not, the worst out of the lot. /me bows to Yamakan

What about good OSTs that nobody knows about because the show is so obscure?

Like The Weathering Continent, an early '90s fantasy OVA based on some long-running novel series that will never be translated. It's a nicely executed if somewhat unimaginative story, but it has a truly outstanding Michiru Oshima score.

I don't know about all the OST, but the ED of Un-GO is amazing. That's not unknown, but relatively yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom