• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

0083, F91, Victory, G, Wing, 08th MS Team, X, Endless Waltz, Turn A.

So for UC it was 0083, F91, Victory and 08th MS?

I don't feel bad about what I said, then. AU Gundam basically exists to step away from how bad UC had gotten. I mean, I accept F91 for bringing me Crossbone, but Stardust Memory and Victory blow chunks.

08th MS is hit and miss for me.

Kanon 15

I think I'mma just give up on thinking this is a normal anime show.
Loved the Mai story. Best girl is best of show<3
And again, another mystery solved.

Narag

So for UC it was 0083, F91, Victory and 08th MS?

I don't feel bad about what I said, then. AU Gundam basically exists to step away from how bad UC had gotten. I mean, I accept F91 for bringing me Crossbone, but Stardust Memory and Victory blow chunks.

08th MS is hit and miss for me.

Maybe I'll finally get around to truncated 0083 in movie form in The Last Blitz of Zeon. Heard it was better and I can't imagine it would be any fucking worse.

AU Gundam was probably created in response to the fact that UC Gundam sucked. It's kinda like how when Jesus was born the Jews were being awful people. When Gundam's paragon was born, it was because its dark age had begun. I mean which Gundam came out in the 90s? VICTORY?

I thought Jesus was born because of plot armor? Maybe we're thinking of different Jesuses...Jesi? What's the plural of Jesus?

CorvoSol

Maybe I'll finally get around to truncated 0083 in movie form in The Last Blitz of Zeon. Heard it was better and I can't imagine it would be any fucking worse.

I dunno. If you're ever bored, though, ask Jehxius to explain to you why Stardust Memory is bad. Last I checked he felt almost as strongly about it as I do certain other Gundam shows.

I thought Jesus was born because of plot armor? Maybe we're thinking of different Jesuses...Jesi? What's the plural of Jesus?

You know, as common a name as Jesus was and is, I don't think anybody ever sat down to make a plural of it. Just like it isn't necessarily "Maries" as the plural of Mary. And I don't know how plot armor is the reason Jesus was born. You could call that Jesus had plot armor and that's how he managed to walk out of crowds of angry Pharisees and Saducees gunning for his life, but I don't know how plot armor and immaculate conception go together.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jexhius when thinking of Stardust Memory:
Na8jjf.gif

Tokyo Encounter - 03

Sugita playing Love Plus+, plus he choose Manaka, I choose her too. I love her voice too...I shouldn't be so honest like Sugi-sama. (&#12388;//&#969;//&#8834; )
#dead

Gazoinks

Kara no Kyoukai REWATCH 1-5

I remembered that I hated certain episodes and like certain ones. I thought episode 1 would be shitty but for some reason I really liked it this go around. CG water still sucks and looks really weird. Episode 2 was.... boring? Still the same as I remembered it. Episode 3 was creepy but it was still relatively boring for the most part and the conclusion is ass like I remembered it. I thought I liked episode 4 but after watching it again it's not that great... at all.... Episode 5 is 10x more awesome than I remember it to be. Time to watch the shitty episode 6 and very interesting episode 7.

I need to get back to this at some point. I... didn't like 1-3, but everyone says 5 is awesome so I want to give it a go.

cajunator

Banned
I just saw a list of characters and one is named 'Ken Taki'

That reason alone is worth watching the show. Japanese obsession with KFC has never really clicked with me. I mean KFC over there is like what McDonalds is everywhere else in the world. If not worst. Are there no other chicken places in Japan? Do they love the Colonel?

You should also watch Riding Bean. the two go together pretty much.

Gazoinks

I just saw a list of characters and one is named 'Ken Taki'

That reason alone is worth watching the show. Japanese obsession with KFC has never really clicked with me. I mean KFC over there is like what McDonalds is everywhere else in the world. If not worst. Are there no other chicken places in Japan? Do they love the Colonel?

I guess it's like the equivalent of a decent Japanese chain in the west? It's pseudo-exotic? When I was in China I heard that the KFC there was actually pretty good, but I never went.

[Xabungle]

#dead

Ne4FQoS.png

Now look what you made me do!

2 more left. I wish there was so much more.

It is too bad this show is so short. But then again, it allows you to leave it while fresh so it leaves a good taste in your mouth when it is all over as opposed to it going on and on and getting stale.

Keeping Kino at 13 episodes was probably the best move they could make. That didn't make that feeling I had when it was over any less heartbreaking though.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters 10-12

It's over over over over over!

Cause this was so bad so bad so bad so bad.

Did Yu-Gi-Oh! just turn into Saint Seiya?

I need to get back to this at some point. I... didn't like 1-3, but everyone says 5 is awesome so I want to give it a go.

Honestly the series isn't the strongest Type Moon property. In fact as far as I know it was one of the earlier works and inspired others. But movies 5 and 7 are pretty amazing. 6 is absolutely skippable. And the latest one is more fan service and a side story so also skippable unless you want a tiny bit of resolution

Ah. When the movie comes out and Jesus Yamato is crucified for the world and Lacus weeps at the foot of the cross she nailed him to, I will contend that Yamato had plot armor for that occasion.

Amen.

You should also watch Riding Bean. the two go together pretty much.

Added. Thanks for the suggestions man.

Library War 1

A decent first episode. It introduced the world, the characters, and transitioned into what I assume will be the main team. I'm enjoying the female and male leads already, plus the side characters were all pretty great too. This reminds me of that Lovely Complex [?] show with the guy being shorter than the female. I also like how it's basically Fahrenheit 451, but animefied. Would've been funnier if they were confiscating manga and light novels because Japan. "This manga is causing national revolts!"

Also I can't help but notice the bad guys are dressed like this
hgj1YA7.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Urusei Yatsura - 75

Whoa, this one was lot scarier than 74,
give my Lum back, give my Lum back, Ataru has nerves of steel.
Definitely a standout ep.

Urusei Yatsura - 78

Nice a episode about Ataru's mother...Wat, wat, wat???????

I need to lay down.
Although Satoshi Kon has no real involvement in that episode, it's a Satoshi Kon ep.

cajunator

Banned
Ne4FQoS.png

Now look what you made me do!

It is too bad this show is so short. But then again, it allows you to leave it while fresh so it leaves a good taste in your mouth when it is all over as opposed to it going on and on and getting stale.

Keeping Kino at 13 episodes was probably the best move they could make. That didn't make that feeling I had when it was over any less heartbreaking though.

Did Yu-Gi-Oh! just turn into Saint Seiya?

Yeah kino was the right length. It worked out perfectly. but I stillll want more :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters 10-12

It's over over over over over!

Cause this was so bad so bad so bad so bad.

If it makes you feel better, it's universally regarded as so horrible that it's not allowed into canon, like Yu-Gi-Oh The Movie: The Pyramid of Light.

If you ever have enough room in your heart to give YGO one last shot, go to Season 0 for lulz, Duel Monsters for a quintessential shounen experience, or 5D's for actually decent characters and a more serious narrative. On motorcycles.

sonicmj1

Speaking of hating things, let's hate some characters. Now, I'm not talking about characters that annoy you, or characters that aren't good or interesting, or characters that are really evil. Just characters that you personally loathe.

You know who I hate more than anyone? The one guy that really pisses me off?

This motherfucker right here.

iidnupFHM2qN7.jpg

Oh my god I hate him so much

Dio may have literally kicked puppies, Zouken might make worm monsters rape his family members to gain power, but Dojima, from the sixth episode of Hataraki Man, inspires rage in me like no one else. It's as much what he represents as what he does.

I mean, it's not just that he's a raging misogynist asshole. It's that everyone lets him get away with it. He can continually belittle the intelligence, competence, and character of his female coworkers, and when Matsuzaka (the show's female protagonist) calls him on it, she gets made out to be the bad guy. They're just jokes, right? And because one of her female colleagues plays along with him to stay under the radar, the two women turn on each other in a situation where all they have to do is work together. She sees Matsuzaka as a stick in the mud who doesn't know how to play the game. Matsuzaka sees her as a frivolous flirt. But all of their criticism of each other is just reflections of the shit this fucking Dojima guy says! It's all his fault, but everyone goes out of their way to blame anybody but him! His attitude isn't that out of line with social expectations, so someone else must be the problem!

And nothing happens to him! He just gets to keep being a prick! It's so unfair, because the institutions of the workplace should protect against it, but because it's seen as normal, nobody does anything, not even the victims of his harrassment. That kind of unfairness really gets under my skin.

No fate would be terrible enough for what he deserves.

Second place would be Hirukawa, the scumbag cop from Paranoia Agent.

jx0IHo4VrWBHf.png

Still like his character design, though. All the character designs in Paranoia Agent are pretty much unmatched in how cohesively they fit together, and how much they tell us about the type of person the character is.

It's less what he does, and more that I had trusted him to be a decent human being on some level, as I trust that all people are decent human beings on some level, and he betrayed that trust.

I don't think I've ever loathed a character. Just been really annoyed. Like in FMP when that one bad guy kept coming back to life. I mean for Fawkes' sake please just die.

I guess for my most recent ones it would be Otsu

rv7d3Wo.jpg

Everytime she appears, I want to groan. I know there were some good arcs with her in it, like that competition (but not that idol group competition, fuck it). I just don't really like her speech.

and Aguri (The image is enough)

And Fujipi (what was his original fucking name, I don't like calling him by his nickname, the fuck face)

This dude is like... the absolute worst "romance interest" in Precure. You know how movies just add "Girl That he likes because"? That's Fujipi in a nutshell, except he's a boy. That's all his personality is, "Guy Nagisa likes." His crowning moment of Fuck Off would be in the late 40s where Nagisa shouts at the top of her lungs about her feelings, and all he said was "Huh, what did she say?" Fucking air head. It doesn't help that you gained MORE screentime in fucking Max Heart, which mean MORE Nagisa screentime(because apparently she didn't have enough in the original). Meanwhile Honoka gets like... 3 episodes. That's less than A SIDE CHARACTER got. Motherfucker!

I mean, it pains me that ONE of those episodes is "Honoka is leaving". Can't get more fucked up than that.
Also the original OP kinda gave Honoka the cold shoulder even. Fuck you Toei.

EDIT: I would like to add that his existence caused Nagisa and Honoka to fuck up their friendship. First time was one thing, since they became better friends. THE SECOND TIME THOUGH, it made them weak enough to the point that they were forced to beat the shit out of each other. Fuck you Fujipi. Your cause and effect also made LITTLE CHILDREN CRY FROM SEEING TWO FRIENDS BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER! Hope you're happy you shit.

jman2050

Mikakunin 9

This show has definitely found its stride, and this was probably my favorite episode. And we get Dogakobo's A team or something on this one as the art and animation was damn good this episode.

Mashiro still adorable, Kohona is adorable as well, Kobeni was extra adorable, Hakuya was adorable, and Benio reveals herself as the final boss, just adorable all around.

CorvoSol

I don't think I've ever loathed a character. Just been really annoyed. Like in FMP when that one bad guy kept coming back to life. I mean for Fawkes' sake please just die.

I HAVE LOATHED CHARACTERS!

HERE ARE CHARACTERS I LOATHE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!

SUGUHA THE INCESTUOUS
Shinn Asuka!
Setsuna F Seiei!
Nina Purpleton
Stella Lousier
Louise Hallevy
EVERY FUCKING MISERABLE EXCUSE FOR A CHARACTER IN VICTORY NOT NAMED MARBET
Ensign Reccoa Londe!
Katz!
Sarah Zabiarov!
Flit "Heil Adolf" Asuno
Lockon II
Hikaru Ichijo (TV version)
Lynn Kaifun (all versions across all universes)
Schneizel Britannia for being an overrated waste of my time!
Every single new character introduced in Blood C the Last Dark and every single person who worked on that movie!
TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH
Basically the whole cast of Rah Xephon
ARJUNA CHRIS CINDY ARJUNA KAWAMORI ARJUNA CINDY CHRIS CHRIS CHRIS
Princess Marina Ismail
Ali "Not Gauron" Al Saachez
Colonel Smirnov's son for being horrible in all things
Actually everyone introduced in S2 of 00 and pretty much anybody in 00 S1 who wasn't Lockon I, Patrick Coulesour or Soma Pieres.
Kirito
Q-Vier
Desil
Any other similar character that DTL likes
Queen Sigyn of Break Blade
Quess Paraya and basically everybody else in CCA
C-Ko!
Coppelion's Aoi and the Ozu Sisters for ruining what was a great premise
Glass Fleet as a whole but Cleo in particular
Chitanda

and

Eren Jaeger in particular and the rest of the cast of Attack on Titan minus Female Mikasa. Male Mikasa is pushing it, though.

Just about everyone who wasn't Noe or that one friend of the main character's in True Tears is basically the shittiest person ever, just fuck all of that show.

CorvoSol

I was about to ask where Kyubey was but this post covers it I guess.

Kyubey is evil and evil and evil but since that's the point he belongs on a different list. Characters you're meant to hate and do hate for the reasons your meant to are different from characters you despise for reasons the director had not intended.

Please note the above list is not finished and I reserve the right to despise other characters at my own discretion.

I love how you added a snarky remark towards a GAF member hahahaha

http://i.imgur.com/arFVClJl.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Not a bad option actually. Though in shows like Fate Zero characters who did that didn't bother me as much as this one. Don't know what it is about him? The bait'n'switch?

CorvoSol

I love how you added a snarky remark towards a GAF member hahahaha

I like DTL. But he LOVES Q-Vier and Desil and I despise them. So if you see him lavishing such a character with praise, chances are that's the one in the show I hate to bits and pieces. ESPECIALLY if, like Q-Vier and Desil, it's that same voice actor.

Crocodile

I like DTL. But he LOVES Q-Vier and Desil and I despise them. So if you see him lavishing such a character with praise, chances are that's the one in the show I hate to bits and pieces. ESPECIALLY if, like Q-Vier and Desil, it's that same voice actor.

People like Q-vier? What's likeable about that character? Annoying piece of shit IMO :/

Oh that reminds me

Valvrave the Liberator - Show Review

So I started checking out this show because I heard it was "CRWAZY" and while most of Episode 1 was pretty "by the numbers" the ending certainly made me want to watch more. For the most part the beginning parts didn't see to take themselves too seriously and kind of felt like parody of these sorts of mecha shows. It was dumb but in the entertaining way - I could dig it. You can't help but laugh at "Call me Moses because I'm about to part the Red Sea" or however that quote went. Then episode 10 happened. Fuck whoever wrote that - shitty shock value for the sake of shock value >_<. Fuck how the characters handled that entire situation too. Characters not named L-elf became increasingly insufferable and their one-note schticks lost their luster. Also Haruto is just a worthless wet-noodle of a protagonist and I felt this became worse as the show went on. Then the second season came along and the the whole show started taking itself super seriously and introducing stupid, nonsensical plot twists. Eventually the show came to an end and I had a hard time giving a damn. Cut out episode 10 (and its implications), keep the ham factor, make the characters (especially Haruto) who weren't L-elf not suck and I think we might have a winner. If this was like Jojo's in Space I could get behind that 100%. Instead the show tried to do serious and falls on its face :/

TRDL: This show was shit. Its started "so bad its good" but then it fell back into just being "bad". L-elf was a bro though - only really good character IMO.

Valvrave the Liberator - Show Review
Then the second season came along and the the whole show started taking itself super seriously and introducing stupid, nonsensical plot twists.
That's when the show completely fell apart. The show only worked when it was a comedy, once it tried to take itself seriously, the horrible writing and dreadfully dull back-story made that impossible and killed the show.
TRDL: This show was shit. Its started "so bad its good" but then it fell back into just being "bad". L-elf was a bro though - only really good character IMO.
Basically. Valvrave had several entertaining episodes, but as a whole, it doesn't hold up.

CorvoSol

Tomino perhaps. Or maybe Mari Okada.

As far as Gundam is concerned I don't think the stakes have ever gone as high as the universe. As far as Tomino himself is concerned he's been trying to kill Gundam itself for years and failing.

People like Q-vier? What's likeable about that character? Annoying piece of shit IMO :/

People in the plural don't. DTL does. I dunno that I've seen anybody else here express enjoyment of Q-Vier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom