• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

Okay so with that out of the way, time for my crackpot The Wind Rises theory that will explain The True Story™.

I like the idea that
when he takes the train back to that house because his "wife" is sick, it's just some random person's house and there's nobody in that room.

http://i.imgur.com/SlrIazb.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. He's pretending to be a cheater to push me away because he thinks he's not good enough for me. But he didn't expect that I've seen way too many sappy anime romances where the male lead thinks he's the personification of total darkness. By the end of the month we'll confess to each other. Then comes the relationship.

At first it'll be hard as he deals with his issues. But I'll be patient. One day his abusive mother will show at his doorstep when we're cuddling as we watch some DTL anime. It'll be extremely emotional and a total turning point of the anime. Then once she leaves he starts screaming at me. I tell him I'll always love him and in his frustration he'll slap me. I'll run out the house crying. The months after that we'll both trying dating others. Corvo will be in a bunch of emotionless relationships while I'm dating his best friend, who has always loved me. One day we pass each other in the mall. We don't know what to say so we just do basic small talk. The emotions start to resurface. We can't stop thinking about each other and meet again behind our lovers' back. Then we escape the country and elope in a small Argentinian town.

It's been 2 years since then. Corvo and I live happily in a small cottage by the coast of Peru. He works as a fisher man while I stay at home and take care of our three adopted kids, all of different ethnicity so we can feel better about ourselves. Life isn't perfect, we struggle to make ends meet. He has night terrors over his family.

But somehow. Somehow we make it work. We persevere. I'm the happiest when I'm with him. Screen fades to black. Credits start rolling.

[B]The End.[/B]

Written by: Makoto Shinkai

Directed by: Makoto Shinkai

[I]Based on the novel Push by Sapphire.[/I]

Gazoinks

JoJo 6
ympUOuUl.jpg

Speedwagon: "How come I don't get to hug JoJo?"

Bruford fight felt pretty short and underwhelming, they probably could have pulled it out a little longer. There wasn't even much of a fight (can't remember if it was like that in the manga). Tarkus is a dick and Poco becomes a MAN with the power of JoJo!

Nice use of Roundabout's intro at the end of the episode.

Link Man

Banned
Dusk Maiden 7

Oh man, this is getting really good. Lots of interesting cinematography effects this episode, and the story keeps getting darker and more nuanced. It's getting hard to remember how lighthearted this was just two episodes ago.

Don't worry about it. He's pretending to be a cheater to push me away because he thinks he's not good enough for me. But he didn't expect that I've seen way too many sappy anime romances where the male lead thinks he's the personification of total darkness. By the end of the month we'll confess to each other. Then comes the relationship.

At first it'll be hard as he deals with his issues. But I'll be patient. One day his abusive mother will show at his doorstep when we're cuddling as we watch some DTL anime. It'll be extremely emotional and a total turning point of the anime. Then once she leaves he starts screaming at me. I tell him I'll always love him and in his frustration he'll slap me. I'll run out the house crying. The months after that we'll both trying dating others. Corvo will be in a bunch of emotionless relationships while I'm dating his best friend, who has always loved me. One day we pass each other in the mall. We don't know what to say so we just do basic small talk. The emotions start to resurface. We can't stop thinking about each other and meet again behind our lovers' back. Then we escape the country and elope in a small Argentinian town.

It's been 2 years since then. Corvo and I live happily in a small cottage by the coast of Peru. He works as a fisher man while I stay at home and take care of our three adopted kids, all of different ethnicity so we can feel better about ourselves. Life isn't perfect, we struggle to make ends meet. He has night terrors over his family.

But somehow. Somehow we make it work. We persevere. I'm the happiest when I'm with him. Screen fades to black. Credits start rolling.

The End.

Based on the novel Push by Sapphire.

Thankfully enough, we won't be having Erotic Friendfiction in here. Just friendfiction.

cajunator

Banned
I had a good time with it. It's a comedy/harem so you know what you're getting when you read the synopsis.

There was some genuinely funny moments in the show and parts that were surprisingly tense.

Pft. It was all about Moka and Kurumu.

Mizore was weird. And an
ice queen

But I love Ice Queens :(

Jintor

The End.

sometimes i think it's criminal that posts like these don't get read by a wider audience. Even though of course they would lack the proper context to truly appreciate it.

I think the line about the three adopted kids of different ethnicities so you can feel better about yourself is probably the funniest bit of that entire thing

Gazoinks

The End.

I cried. More emotion than Clannad.

Thoraxes

Samurai Flamenco Episode 3
That ended surprisingly nicely, I was just waiting for the camera crew to suddely shine a light on the 2 while they were on the stage at any moment, but his identity is still safe for now.
I am just wondering how can anything really "jump the shark" out of this show so far, guess it will make it that much more interesting when I get to it.

You have no idea how much i'm laughing at you right now.

Hell, even I had no idea it would get like it did, and I marathoned it (to the most recent episode) all just two weeks ago.

Just knowing where you're going to be at when you're all caught up is more than enough to put a big grin on my face.
Are there really many worthwhile vampire anime?
Besides the Hellsings, I liked Trinity Blood.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Samurai Flamenco Episode 5
Well that teamup ended sorta quickly, but with that said...
Everyone was superhero

foxuzamaki

alright im watching episode 6
and goto had some goddamn restraint I tell ya what, woulda pounced on dat.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So there's a PV for the second Golden Time OP out now. At first I was like "meh" because it's a terrible song, but then I figured I should probably watch it anyway because it's Yui Horie and I kinda have to. I hadn't heard the song past the part used in the Golden Time OP before, and...

Goddamnit, it's actually a really good song after the part used in the OP. Like, the entire second half of the song is actually good. Now if only they'd used that part in the GT OP and not the awful first part.

foxuzamaki

Samurai Flamenco Episode 6
With this show's tinge of realisim it basically proves that with just a lil martial arts training, a nice, functional uniform, and even some tools that can be made legally, its quite easy to become batman, atleast in japan where most people arent able to shoot you.

cnet128

Banned
And Fujipi (what was his original fucking name, I don't like calling him by his nickname, the fuck face)

NmtHl27.jpg

This dude is like... the absolute worst "romance interest" in Precure. You know how movies just add "Girl That he likes because"? That's Fujipi in a nutshell, except he's a boy. That's all his personality is, "Guy Nagisa likes." His crowning moment of Fuck Off would be in the late 40s where Nagisa shouts at the top of her lungs about her feelings, and all he said was "Huh, what did she say?" Fucking air head. It doesn't help that you gained MORE screentime in fucking Max Heart, which mean MORE Nagisa screentime(because apparently she didn't have enough in the original). Meanwhile Honoka gets like... 3 episodes. That's less than A SIDE CHARACTER got. Motherfucker!

Eh, I don't see anything wrong with having a romantic interest for the sake of being a romantic interest. He seems like a nice guy, and he has his own stuff going on (mainly football...) it's just not particularly relevant to Nagisa's story most of the time. This seems fairly accurate to how crushes work in real life.

As for the "Huh, what did she say?" moment, assuming you're talking about Max Heart episode 42, I don't think you can really blame Fuji-P for that one. That was entirely Nagisa's fault for not having the guts to actually say anything to his face but instead shouting it to the world from a safe distance where she couldn't reasonably expect him to hear her.

also honoka is sidekick and nagisa deserves all the screentime

At any rate, you posted a picture of Nagisa being adorable and that is what matters =D

People in the plural don't. DTL does. I dunno that I've seen anybody else here express enjoyment of Q-Vier.

I thought Q-Vier was fine, since he was, you know, a villain. His antics were entertaining from a holy-fuck-what-a-godawful-psychotic-brat perspective. I don't think we were supposed to actually like him.
His death was satisfying.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 1-2
Interesting concept of a show and I like where its going, im thinking lead singer is Goto's girlfriend, and Hazama going through so much trouble for so little is really endearing.

Ohhhhhh boy I always love seeing people start this show.

Ooooooooooooh. Well that I have really not much argument for besides him not seeming like the cheating type. And he let the girlfriend know via the phone and she trusted him. He even said "she knows I'd never cheat on her".

And you believed him?

Eh, with a lot of characters I'd say this is a reasonable reaction, but not with Gotou. He's far too decent and upstanding a guy to do such a thing. I'd be severely shocked and disappointed in him if he had actually been cheating.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 3
That ended surprisingly nicely, I was just waiting for the camera crew to suddely shine a light on the 2 while they were on the stage at any moment, but his identity is still safe for now.
I am just wondering how can anything really "jump the shark" out of this show so far, guess it will make it that much more interesting when I get to it.

ehehehehehehehehehehehe

lol I read the dance of the vampire bund like a year ago out of pure curiosity, the original draw was probably the loli but the main climaxes is when she goes into her true form which is a grown ass literally naked 100% of the time woman. It's kinda funny.

Aaaaaand there goes my interest in watching this =/ Seriously, why does every loli vampire in everything ever have to do that. Evangeline A K McDowell? Check. Oshino Shinobu? Check. None of them can just stick to their superior form.

I will take the avatar bet that we never see Goto's girlfriend.

I'm not actually going to take this bet because I value my avatar too much to put it on the line even a little, but this seems like an incredibly long shot. I'd sooner put my money on us seeing her in the very next episode.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 5
Well that teamup ended sorta quickly, but with that said...
Everyone was superhero

ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Gundam Build Fighters 14

I'm getting tired of the whole
Chairman is out to sabotage Sei/Reiji
sub-plot. I hate when sports or martial arts fiction resort to this, there are enough obstacles to overcome that are a lot more interesting without the whole cheating angle. It's so lazy and unsatisfying.

Thankfully the rest of the show is still really good, but if this continues the whole way through, I'm going to pull my hair out.
Please tell me it stops.

foxuzamaki

Eh, I don't see anything wrong with having a romantic interest for the sake of being a romantic interest. He seems like a nice guy, and he has his own stuff going on (mainly football...) it's just not particularly relevant to Nagisa's story most of the time. This seems fairly accurate to how crushes work in real life.

As for the "Huh, what did she say?" moment, assuming you're talking about Max Heart episode 42, I don't think you can really blame Fuji-P for that one. That was entirely Nagisa's fault for not having the guts to actually say anything to his face but instead shouting it to the world from a safe distance where she couldn't reasonably expect him to hear her.

At any rate, you posted a picture of Nagisa being adorable and that is what matters =D

I thought Q-Vier was fine, since he was, you know, a villain. His antics were entertaining from a holy-fuck-what-a-godawful-psychotic-brat perspective. I don't think we were supposed to actually like him.
His death was satisfying.

Ohhhhhh boy I always love seeing people start this show.

Eh, with a lot of characters I'd say this is a reasonable reaction, but not with Gotou. He's far too decent and upstanding a guy to do such a thing. I'd be severely shocked and disappointed in him if he had actually been cheating.

ehehehehehehehehehehehe

Aaaaaand there goes my interest in watching this =/ Seriously, why does every loli vampire in everything ever have to do that. Evangeline A K McDowell? Check. Oshino Shinobu? Check. None of them can just stick to their superior form.

I'm not actually going to take this bet because I value my avatar too much to put it on the line even a little, but this seems like an incredibly long shot. I'd sooner put my money on us seeing her in the very next episode.

ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
well there is plenty of naked loli aswell if that helps

Honoka knew what she said, then again, Honoka is the only one who really gives a shit about her.

He's just not interesting at all, everyone after that is clearly more interesting than "Guy Nagisa Likes", who amounts to zero progress, wasting everyones time.

I mean, I can't really give him "he's a nice dude", when there's other nice dudes who aren't "Guy X likes".

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Minding this wasn't an actual BBC dub but a gag fandub aired by the BBC iirc.

The most professional fanbub there is since the voices are of British radio and television personalities, but yeah it was a one off thing for a Japanese theme week or something.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wonder Momo Episode 5

Looks like this short has reached endgame status already, not all that much to say otherwise.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 6
With this show's tinge of realisim it basically proves that with just a lil martial arts training, a nice, functional uniform, and even some tools that can be made legally, its quite easy to become batman, atleast in japan where most people arent able to shoot you.

Oh god, the amount of snickering and cajoling around here, it makes me glad Anime-GAF is not Seda's beat.

Oh there must be someone who has destroyed numerous universes. This is anime after all.

I think a better question would be which human anime character has the highest body count.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 1-2
Interesting concept of a show and I like where its going, im thinking lead singer is Goto's girlfriend, and Hazama going through so much trouble for so little is really endearing.

Since I'm probably going to be busy by the time you reach a certain point, I'll just say this now.

COME ON AND SAM. AND WELCOME TO THE FLAM.

I still need to watch this.

cajunator

Banned
I can accept that too as long as we exclude the loli witch. Seriously she bugged me.

She got on my nerves too. Exclude away!

Honoka knew what she said, then again, Honoka is the only one who really gives a shit about her.

He's just not interesting at all, everyone after that is clearly more interesting than "Guy Nagisa Likes", who amounts to zero progress, wasting everyones time.

I mean, I can't really give him "he's a nice dude", when there's other nice dudes who aren't "Guy X likes".

It really pains me that a great character like Honoka has to be wasted in Max Heart

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hellsing Ultimate, Vampire Princess (or was it Kyuuketsuhime?) Miyu, Blood-C, and Shiki are, to my knowledge, varying degrees of enjoyable.

madp personal note: I still like the actual Hellsing TV series, even if no one else does.
Miyu is a great example of the wrongheadedness of MAL's title policy. More concerned with being Japanese than concerned with knowing Japanese.

Anyway, I cosign your whole post, even the Hellsing TV bit.

Miyu is worth watching? Maybe I should add that to the backlog.
Bear in mind that Miyu OVA and Miyu TV are two different things. Both have a thoroughly Japanese take on vampires, but the OVA is more moody horror while the TV show is magical girl turned pitch black. The latter is more worth your time.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 72

The individual episodes are all worth it for moments like this, when the cast can all gather in one place and do their thing, naturally bouncing off each other. Seeing all the Dream Academy girls performing together was pretty nice, and I liked the song. I see Kaede and Yurika in the preview for next week, and that's something to look forward to.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
All these posts about worthwhile vampire anime and not one JoJo mention.

You're all shameful!
Jojo is pretty much one of those boring vampire setups where they're either mindless monsters or irredeemably evil. Yawn.

(Not taken as a vampire story, it's pretty good.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom