• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppeli

Banned
ElCs8BZ.jpg

SO SOMEONE PUT THE VOICE ACTORS TOGETHER BESIDE THEIR CHARACTERS

WE'RE ACTUALLY GETTING A LIVE ACTION FINALE AREN'T WE

duckroll

Hozuki in Drinking Hell - Episode 9

MWbOm2H.jpg

Hahahahaha.

Lol, I was wondering when his annoying Chinese counterpart would be showing up again. Kinda cute that both stories in this episode were connected as a two-parter with the running theme of people being insufferable drunks. In the second part I just kept thinking about what Okami would be like if Orochi was actually represented in this way. Lulz.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kill la Kill - 22

uMAmq5c.gif

FUCK YES! FUCK YES! FUCK YES!

2 STAR MAKO HAS FUCKING RETURNED!!! LET'S GO!

BASED TRIGGER.

Gazoinks

Clannad After Story 19

Oh hey it's Fukooooo. Meh! :p Nice that she's awake I guess, but I'm not sure what place she has in the story anymore unless she becomes buddies with Ushio.

Anyway, Tomoya's reconciling with his dad was really nice. The flashbacks at the end were especially emotional.

Early in this episode there was a melancholy insert song, but the Engrish kind of killed the mood.
"People's hand does not reach, so merely has the worship"
"The place is a lofty load. Can't meet nobody put on."
"And the 'not dyeing' is dyed out, and waits for a oppose one."
what does it mean

Ezalc

I have a question animeGAF. Is there an anime where people actually have relationships? I don't mean stuff where they show the characters actually having sex, but an anime with an older tone where they don't constantly have to hide the fact that two characters bang and that's ok because it's just something people do?

I feel like I can only thing of a manga like this and that would be Bambino!. The protag is almost done with university, he goes through a bunch of shit in an awesome new job, has relationships/one night stands/ etc other characters as well. None of this shit gets hidden, it's all pretty out there that these people have social lives as well and I found it a wonderful breath of fresh air.

CorvoSol

Credit to /a/.

Frickin LOL

What if Goto's girlfriend is Hazama.

If you only read select posts in this thread, that fact has been apparent for a long time!

SO SOMEONE PUT THE VOICE ACTORS TOGETHER BESIDE THEIR CHARACTERS

WE'RE ACTUALLY GETTING A LIVE ACTION FINALE AREN'T WE

And the casting decisions will mean they had planned it from the beginning.

The biggest twist Samurai Flamenco could ever pull is the one where they prove they planned this all out before hand.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have a question animeGAF. Is there an anime where people actually have relationships? I don't mean stuff where they show the characters actually having sex, but an anime with an older tone where they don't constantly have to hide the fact that two characters bang and that's ok because it's just something people do?
I can't think of any but you'll find casual sex in manga much more easily than you would in anime. To name a few off the top of my head.
Eden! It's an Endless World!
Punpun
Wandering Son (although my memory is fuzzy on this but I'm pretty sure Nitori and Anna fucked at some point)

Why? No clue!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Chuunibyou Ren 10

Every time I start to forget how weird and parent/child-like Rikka and Yuuta's relationship is, the show has to go and remind me.
Yuuta telling Rikka she'd be "grounded" if she kept going out late was just so weirdddddddddd. Stop that shit, dude, you aren't her dad.
Almost makes me want Yuuta to end up with Shichimiya (even though duh, that's not going to happen) just so he can be with someone he doesn't treat like a damn daughter.

But then conversely,
I can't really buy into the whole drama between Shichimiya and Yuuta either, because it's only been a thing for basically one episode at this point, and we've only got two more episodes left. Even though it was obvious this was going to happen right from the start when they introduced Shichimiya, it feels like they waited too long to pull the trigger on it.

Zeppeli

Banned
Frickin LOL

If you only read select posts in this thread, that fact has been apparent for a long time!

And the casting decisions will mean they had planned it from the beginning.

The biggest twist Samurai Flamenco could ever pull is the one where they prove they planned this all out before hand.

Personally, I'm amazed that
even in 3D, Moe is the best girl.

Thoraxes

Samurai Flamenco - 20

LOL

LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I was secretly hoping that the way he'd hurt Masayoshi was by making Goto NTR him by bringing his girlfriend back lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I feel like I can only thing of a manga like this and that would be Bambino!. The protag is almost done with university, he goes through a bunch of shit in an awesome new job, has relationships/one night stands/ etc other characters as well. None of this shit gets hidden, it's all pretty out there that these people have social lives as well and I found it a wonderful breath of fresh air.

I'd recommend REC and Golden Time for this. Golden Time is currently airing, but REC has been done for a while, and it's only like 90 minutes total, so you can basically marathon it in a single sitting if you want.

Zeppeli

Banned

Technically, the Dragon Ball franchise fits this bill.

All I care about is that Senketsu x Ryuko never breaks up again.

Ryuuko will find a method to lose her way again, don't you worry.

cajunator

Banned

Saikano. Aside from the whole super depressing end of the world scenario.

Clannad After Story 19

Oh hey it's Fukooooo. Meh! :p Nice that she's awake I guess, but I'm not sure what place she has in the story anymore unless she becomes buddies with Ushio.

Anyway, Tomoya's reconciling with his dad was really nice. The flashbacks at the end were especially emotional.

Early in this episode there was a melancholy insert song, but the Engrish kind of killed the mood.
"People's hand does not reach, so merely has the worship"
"The place is a lofty load. Can't meet nobody put on."
"And the 'not dyeing' is dyed out, and waits for a oppose one."
what does it mean

The
dad's story and reconciliation is what really got me. Alongside "she told me only to cry in daddy's arms"

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Hmmm, Kemonozume fits...

Narag

Kill La Kill 22

Ryuuko was almost likeable at the beginning there. Nice to see the show back on track (for like the third time?) but man, this ep felt like it was the endgame setup to a much better show. Ryuuko's realization felt somewhat forced and felt like the Satsuki's thawing came a little fast.

That said, the Nui shit cracked me up. Hadn't felt that way towards a character since the end of Death Note and it almost retroactively fixes a lot of my frustration with her usage.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I wonder if they'll keep the breakneck pacing of the manga or adapt in some basic monster of the week, like the original anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chuu2 10

I really liked the last shot, with
the girl crying so much that it washed away her sticker.
It would have been perfect if it weren't for the fact that they kept doing it and foreshadowing it throughout the episode though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Exactly this. I dunno who here actively follows the Sailor Moon fandom, but we've been teased and abused since Summer 2012. It only follows we'd be jaded by now.
To be entirely frank, many in the Sailor Moon fandom are accomplices to the abuse on the franchise. :p

That there has yet to be one non-botched English release in TWO DECADES is inexcusable. Only Pioneer's R1 release comes close.

Also, since 2012? Hah!

Ezalc

I can't think of any but you'll find casual sex in manga much more easily than you would in anime. To name a few off the top of my head.
Eden! It's an Endless World!
Punpun
Wandering Son (although my memory is fuzzy on this but I'm pretty sure Nitori and Anna fucked at some point)

Why? No clue!
I just find it sad that it's always these annoying awkward romances instead of just something straight with the viewer. I read Punpun, thought it was wonderfully wacky.

I'd recommend REC and Golden Time for this. Golden Time is currently airing, but REC has been done for a while, and it's only like 90 minutes total, so you can basically marathon it in a single sitting if you want.
I'll check 'em out.

Technically, the Dragon Ball franchise fits this bill.
Hah I suppose so, though you never really see the more tender moments between Goku and Chichi for example later on, just that they had Gohan then Goten.

Saikano. Aside from the whole super depressing end of the world scenario.
Will check it out as well.

Hmmm, Kemonozume fits...
You seem unsure of this? Hahaha.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I just find it sad that it's always these annoying awkward romances instead of just something straight with the viewer. I read Punpun, thought it was wonderfully wacky.

I'll check 'em out.

Hah I suppose so, though you never really see the more tender moments between Goku and Chichi for example later on, just that they had Gohan then Goten.

Will check it out as well.

You seem unsure of this? Hahaha.

well, there's a lot more to Kemonozume than just the romance, but of what you specified, i guarantee it's there, haha

Hmmmm. There are very few anime shows that deal with romance that fall outside the high school romance where they like each other and at the end get together. In fact anime in general is pretty prudish in this aspect. Like you said there are some manga that depict a more realistic view of life with casual sex, one night stands and more realistic relationships. But as far as I know, those are few and far in between.

If you want to look at a fairly 'realistic' look into romance, there's the new work by the Suzuka author. I think in that one people bounce/date a bunch of people throughout the manga/anime even though we know two characters will eventually end up together.

As to having mature relationships, I think somebody else already mentioned Kemonozume.

Another one that somewhat fits the bill is Speed Grapher, but only for two specific characters. They basically have casual sex together.

Golden Time may not have 'relationships' in the sense you're describing, but outside of that I like how realistically (fantasy drama aside) they're portraying people in college. You fall in love with others you didn't expect to, you lie, you hang out with friends, etc... I praise it for these aspects. It's almost over two so you'd just have to wait a couple of more episodes.

As to REC, yeah I've read a bit of the manga but I didn't really see it going anywhere. The most progress occurs within the first couple of chapters, not sure how much the anime/OVA covered.

Lastly I'd like to mention the heartbreaking 5 Centimeters Per Blood for a very detailed view of how a relationship can dissipate. Nothing more mature than that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Japan is not very good at sex.

Midonin

Chu2Koi Ren 10

From what little I know, the Satone in the anime is friendlier than her novel counterpart. Which makes this letdown even harder to take. In her limited screentime, she's done a good job of endearing herself to the viewer. It was a doomed love from the start. Curious how she's going to take it from here. For the non-Satone parts of the episode, seeing Shinka, Sanae and Kumi turn themselves into what many secondary characters do - a brigade of relationship meddlers and tagalongs - was amusing. Kumin's not even as invested in it as everyone else, and she just hangs out because it's fun.

That pun in the episode title is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom