• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden Time - 22

Omg that episode ..

"Just what is tada banri anyway ?"

Good question ..
Very good question indeed.

Koko this turn of events was just magnificent

"i was just considerate to you as a friend"

Oh my god my sides.. you don't see many turns of events like this.

Brutal just Brutal, guess Koko has some Yandere in her afterall :D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Golden Time 22

Mitsubro the best.

Goddamn, Koko can be stone cold when she wants to be.

And yeah, like jman, I got HUGE Toradora 23 vibes from this episode.

Mature

Symbionic Titan 16

Holy crap. That sword fight is indisputably the best animated sword fight I've ever seen. Gosh dang. So good. The whole episode, man. Almost had this kinda Legend of Zelda set up going on, and all them classic "fall of the Kingdom" conventions, too.

Tartakovsky, my man. You have made a damn fine cartoon here.
Yeah, wasn't that something else? I anticipate your reaction to an upcoming episode...

CorvoSol

Yeah, wasn't that something else? I anticipate your reaction to an upcoming episode...

That sword fight was just incredible, man. Like, I don't think I've even seen a sword fight last that long, let alone that well choreographed, in any anime I've watched (maybe I need to see some more?).

Genndy is king of the Action Cartoon, man. KING.

Crocodile

Symbionic Titan 16

Holy crap. That sword fight is indisputably the best animated sword fight I've ever seen. Gosh dang. So good. The whole episode, man. Almost had this kinda Legend of Zelda set up going on, and all them classic "fall of the Kingdom" conventions, too.

Tartakovsky, my man. You have made a damn fine cartoon here.

I think Sword of the Stranger still tops it when it comes to sword fights as do some of the fights in Samurai Champloo and I think the Kenshin OVAs if memory serves me right but yeah that was still some incredible stuff. Symbiotic Titan died way too soon :(

cajunator

Banned
Here's the Sailor Moon Crystal leak, sounds like a remake of the first series:

hnnngh
I dont really think a remake of S1 is a good idea though.

Aikatsu 61 - Bohemian Rhapsody

We have a new (but not really) character reveal, Sora. Actually, she appeared a few times already, but she wasn't important back then, but now! It's important. She's a Designer/Idol to contrast with Kii's Producer/Idol position. She's also constantly high.

I believe this is the second time this has happened in the series, but a new brand was just launched, called Bohemian Sky. IIRC the last person to do this was Mizuki. Starlight barely appears in this episode, giving Sora the time and space she needs to fill out her motives and backstory. Considering she'll be paired up with Seira and Kii, I'm not sure how well they'll gel in comparison to the Ichigo, Aoi, and Ran trio. Probably not as good but eh.

That audition sure was something. It was trippy as fuck, I'll say that much, as if it matched with my impression that she's... kind of high. Then again, there are characters in this show, that makes me think "Man, cut down the sugar!"

This appeals to the autism in me. all that wonderful color.

Id like to support the release of several shows but space is limited on my shelves. I have to go with mostly compressed collections like the Us releases are. Its not as aestheticallyy pleasing but I can actually store it. Cant wait to get my own place with more room.

In the case of GJ-bu's Blu-ray complete set, there is only one disc so the case is going to be about the size of standard DVD case (as Japanese limited edition sets come in either BD or DVD sized sets). Here's a picture for example (singles artbox on left, BD complete set center, and sample product box on right).

BidEPr6CQAA3lkV.jpg

You also have to consider some Japanese anime boxsets are for collectors and often come with extras goodies that take up most of the packaging space. I too am running out of shelf space and will soon have to start staking my LNs, manga, and OSTs on top of one another.

hnnngh
I dont really think a remake of S1 is a good idea though.

Gen II > Gen I
Pokemon...

Narag

Ah see, linking that from the beginning (even if it might go off soon) would've helped. XD Okay, in that case, I'll believe it. With a grain of salt because these past few months have bee a HELL of a thing in the fandom.

i.. i don't know how much more official it'll get.

KILL LA KILL - 22

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I loved how Satsuki acted in this episode. She finally acted like a normal human being rather than an extreme commander. Her apology to Ryuuko and admitting her own faults is one of my favourite moments in this show.

Uh oh. This is a happy moment before the final battle. History has taught me how these usually go down. I'm hoping that its different this time.

Nui's finally getting pissed off! It's about damn time that smirk was wiped off her face for good!

FIGHT CLUB MAKO IS BACK! AAAAWWWWW YEAAAAH.

What I wanted since the beginning of this show is finally happening.

I can't believe there's only two more episodes of this :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
i.. i don't know how much more official it'll get.

Believe me, when a show's fandom's been kicked around a lot, they tend not to believe things 100% until they're actually watching it, no matter how official the source.

A lot of us were like that with Arrested Development.

Engaged to a large amount of benio & mashiro - 10

Just the right amount of misunderstandings , benio antics and mashiro being cute

Okawari !

Apparently Koko is cruel this episode. I definitely won't watch until I know the real reason why.

She's stupidly cruel.
My boyfriend is taking anxiety pills, so let me suddenly break up with him, not tell him why, and then rub it in his face so he has a breakdown.

Linda should just "win" at this point.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Neat.

I've never watched Sailor Moon, and I was wary about doing so (if the new anime was going to be a continuation) due to how the US version was handled. But now I can wait and see what this series is all about.

Toonami simulcast maybe? (lol)
This new anime is overtly like the manga, while the old anime was its own thing. Fuck the dub, watch the sub!

Believe me, when a show's fandom's been kicked around a lot, they tend not to believe things 100% until they're actually watching it, no matter how official the source.

Now the story of a close community which lost its faith

And the one show who had no choice but to save anime

It's Animated GAFvelopment.

Z/X Ignition 9

Some of the stuff in the episode was just brutal, practicing flying then just running over the three kids, blasting them into the air, then them landing head first on the ground and such. I wonder if the game is even more intense than that.

wonzo

Banned
I kinda had my reservations but the latest PING PONG CM pretty much confirms they're using CG models as a base for the players in the Ping Pong matches and tracing over bits of it. Though this is the first time it's really noticeable and it does kinda fit in with the artstyle of the source material with how it looks.

reep 2d past hello cg future

Mature

I kinda had my reservations but the latest PING PONG CM pretty much confirms they're using CG models as a base for the players in the Ping Pong matches and tracing over bits of it. Though this is the first time it's really noticeable and it does kinda fit in with the artstyle of the source material with how it looks.

It's really impressive if that's the case. Watching this CM and it's really hard for me to distinguish.

cajunator

Banned
In the case of GJ-bu's Blu-ray complete set, there is only one disc so the case is going to be about the size of standard DVD case (as Japanese limited edition sets come in either BD or DVD sized sets). Here's a picture for example (singles artbox on left, BD complete set center, and sample product box on right).

You also have to consider some Japanese anime boxsets are for collectors and often come with extras goodies that take up most of the packaging space. I too am running out of shelf space and will soon have to start staking my LNs, manga, and OSTs on top of one another.

Gen II > Gen I
Pokemon...

I used to collect all the artboxes and singles and goodies. that brings me to the lack of space problem. ive got like 300+ shows in my collection. It takes up 5 bookcases of space. To the point where I now collect those SAVE sets.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have no idea why, but today I saw girls dressed as Madoka and Mami on the subway. As far as I know, there's nothing going on today... but who knows.

Bikkun

Neo Member

Exactly this. I dunno who here actively follows the Sailor Moon fandom, but we've been teased and abused since Summer 2012. It only follows we'd be jaded by now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 22:

Yes indeed this is certainly one of the best episodes the series has produced and is making up for the fact that Samurai Flamenco sucked the big meat missile this week.
I gotta admit I didn't think it would be Ryuko to be the first to acknowledge the feelings of love between her and Mako but there it is, even if the L word has not been used. Shit, even Sakura Trick hesitates in the using of that word. I got admit I am shocked at how well the character stuff was done this episode and I am really glad that Ryuko made Satsuki address her past crimes and her past attitudes and it turn has seen true humility and true redemption without the death. Yet death may still be in the cards here Wonderful performances all around and I like the fact that the elite four are actually true companions and not just pawns of the game. Though I don't think they will ever ditch the subornation streak. Even Shadow the Hedgehog is actually decent being forced to use emotions other then stock shonen ones.
I look forward to seeing how this endgame plays out from here.

CorvoSol

Kill la Kill 22

On the one hand, they probably did develop Ryuko's character in this episode, but on the other it was so little compared to Satsuki's that it doesn't even matter. That last second of pure hype, man.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Choonee2 10:
Bra-fucking-vo Kyoani. I got hit right in the feels.

Branduil

(~_~;)

I have no idea why, but today I saw girls dressed as Madoka and Mami on the subway. As far as I know, there's nothing going on today... but who knows.

Where were you?

Lain

Kill la Kill 22

What a great episode, and what a great end to the episode.
Mako is da best,
bawling Senketsu was so cute, the transformation quite the nice wink and then the sisterly bond that's formed up.
Really strong episode.

Thoraxes

Kill la Kill - 22

TU6KX1e.gif
BASED TRIGGER
TU6KX1e.gif

Everything was fucking awesome,
mai waifu got fucking rekt, and Mako IS FUCKING BACK TO FUCK SOME SHIT UP YEAAHHHHH

So fucking awesome like always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom