• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Something that is bothering me for some reason about the latest Death Parade is the revelation that the whole show is basically
taking place in one of many 'floors' so it's a company of sorts.
In itself it isn't bad I just feel like it takes away from my Sandman comparison and some of its mysticism. I really need to stop wanting shows to be something they're not.

eh, I don't think it detracts from that. Still feels like interconnected realms given Nona's destination and referring to Decim's bar as his place.

Aldnoah Zero 14

Inaho's cyborg eye can even check people's identity, now that's something.
coBPQbi.jpg

Theonik

It'll be interesting if different arbiters handle different things in the end. Decim's had 2 infidelity cases so far after all.
This is what I'm expecting. Different arbiters are bound to have different styles which is another reason this episode is important.

While the ova emphasised the mystic character of decim episode 2 of the series was trying to humanise him so they can expand the scope of the characterisation they can do in this universe.

Yamato - 14

Oh this was some spooky physiological warfare shit. It felt kinda out of place but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
That Yuria acts as some kind of host for the spooky ghost navigation machine, which I assume is one of the sisters.

Acosta

I have to agree. Same thing I have brought up regarding Cowboy Bebop. While the episodic nature is extremely approachable, I wish there was more of an arc to each character than a token episode here or there and the main story is so cut into pieces that the full impact of that ending really isnt as strong as it should be.

Yeah, I'm sure there are solid motives for all and there is all type of clever references that I have not noticed, but personally, that was my feeling too.

For example
Julia dies, yes, it´s sad, yes, it´s tragic, yes, I understand she was incredibly important to Spike, yes. But... I know nothing of her, I know almost nothing about how they met, how was she, how was their relationship. One chapter focused of that could have added a lot more to that scene.

But again, this is very personal and probably has been discussed and even explained to death. Not trying to "criticize", just expressing a viewpoint, as wrong as it may be.

Yamato - 15

Haha what? Are you kidding me? They have an entire fleet ready to destroy the already weakened Yamato in this battle, and just as it's about to get curbstomped, they all get called back.
They don't even finish the enemy and just gets the fuck out. I like this series but stuff like this pisses me off. I'd rather they not put the Yamato in grandiose situations like this just to show off big battles, and then just fart it out like this. Yamato is the luckiest ship in the universe.
I hope this isn't the end of
Desler
. The destruction of the planet in the beginning was awesome.

Aldnoah.Zero S2 02

Inaho's ability to measure weight with a shift in momentum. The Sawano soundtrack to introduce orangey. We are not worthy.
eGcZt9I.gif

javac

GTO is available on Crunchyroll Link. One of the greatest shows of all time
ending is kind of weak tho.

On a side note, why the hell do sites like Crunchyroll default to showing you the LAST episode first when you click on a show, like seriously at least hide the thumbnails :$

Frog-fu

Banned
Aldnoah Zero 14

Dare I say this was actually a good episode? I hadn't expected Slaine and Inaho running into each other once again so soon. The opening appears to indicate these two may join forces somewhere down the line, likely for Asseylum's sake, but before they do, I want them to at least battle it out once, or rather, I want to see Slaine humiiate Inaho and deliver him his first resounding defeat as payback for his betrayal last season.

daveo42

Banned
Not even half way through the first episode of Maria the Virgin Witch and I'm ready to hang it up. This doesn't get any better does it?

Magic Kaito 14
Ok, something feels off now. Like a part of the anime is now is disjointed.
Overall meh episode I guess. I though kaito kid uses more magic, but now it's just simple "caught you off guard" trick huh?

phaze

Durarara x2 02

I can't say I'm liking the three high schoolers they introduced here but we will see. Can't quite put my finger on it but character design seems a tiny bit different, especially Izaya and Shinra. Will need some time to get used to it.

Aldnoah.Zero 14

Slaine finally realizes what a doofus he is.

And it seems one kiss-one equals one Aldnoah activation ?

Boring ep and an awful opening.

JCG

Not even half way through the first episode of Maria the Virgin Witch and I'm ready to hang it up. This doesn't get any better does it?

It does, but speaking rather frankly...if that's your attitude then I strongly suspect this show won't work for you. Nothing wrong with that though.

daveo42

Banned
It does, but speaking rather frankly...if that's your attitude then I strongly suspect this show won't work for you. Nothing wrong with that though.

You were right that it does get better in the 2nd half, but I think I'd enjoy this show much more if it focused on France using serfs and mercenaries fighting a land battle with England and cut out the majority of the dialogue between any of the witches as most of it was cringe-worthy.

I might watch another episode before dropping, but right now not much is really enticing me.

Today we see more of Mairu t3h S!sc0n PeNgU1N oF d00m
lolsorandumgis6t.gif

Still setting up multiple plot points, I need to finish reading summaries of S1 on wiki so I know who all these damned people are

Yuri Kuma Arashi - 2

I guess there now an idea of where this is going now.

I still don't really like the show much though, it seems to be just as abstract as the Utena movie, and I didn't like that much either.

Midonin

Sailor Moon Crystal 14

The toku version remains the best version of this arc, though the jury's still out on how Fukuen's Chibiusa compares to Araki's.

Milky Holmes TD 03

Curry! I've noticed Milky Holmes seem to function as more of a singular unit in this show, compared to the sometimes divergent personalities they were in the first two seasons. Probably because they're being put up against Marine and her Elements for contrast. While it's not as elastic in its reality as those seasons, I'm still really enjoying it. All of my Saturday shows have a colorful design aesthetic and a manic energy that makes for one of the most pleasant days of anime this season. The Toys Drive elements aren't that intrusive yet, either.

Dog Days'' 02

Seriously, why is this only legally streaming in Asia? I would gladly give a portion of my money to you for watching this, CR. Sharl's a fun little addition, and we have our main plotline set up. Something is threatening the wildlands outside the kingdom where this wicked-looking dragons are, and it's up to the expanding main cast to stop them. Some great showings from everybody this week, looking forward to more.

Rolling Girls 02

Every song in this show, including the opening, is a cover of a song from The Blue Hearts by the show's main VAs. I'm of mixed opinions on using cover songs for theme songs - they can fit thematically, but I feel a song being newly created for a show gives both the song and the show a stronger identity - but the band concert idea for the opening works out pretty well. I'm also liking the brightly saturated, pastel-colored wonderland that makes up the show. It feels quirky and lively, making even the most serious moments - like the out of control coaster - have a ligthness of touch to them. Not that the show shies away from such things, some people got seriously hurt in this episode.

From what I've read, the first two episodes are sort of a prologue, and the real story kicks into high gear from this point. Chiaya and her goal of tracking down the moonlight stones feels fetch quest-y, but it's also a good excuse to go out and see the wacky fantasticness of whatever turned Japan into this theme park world.

I love Saturday's shows.

Rage of bahamut : genesis - 05

Is there any doubt that rita is the best character of this show ?

NO there isn't !!

And i like almost all the characters so far , Favaro being one of the most entertaining i've seen in a long date since that goofy attitude + the moments of seriousness are very nice for this character.

So , like eveyr fantasy anime , the world is small ... And the demon responsible for the mess between our 2 heroes is right in the middle of things that matters most ... i must say that i look forward to see the reaction when thing will be properly told because there is potential for something.
Kudos for favaro telling rita to not fall into a trap while failling into a trap .. Trully impressive.

As for the orleans knights i kinda like the ideas or regular artillery that pass their projectiles thourght rings of magaic sin order to make them more effective... it's a kinda neat use of magic. jeanne d'arc horse is made of paper , however because that's not how horse behave

Great episode , full of good moments , intresting dialog and cool animation.
So far so good.

Log Horizon S2 15
A fairly nice episode though it wasn't so wise of me to start watching it soon after I got up. Serara was cute and this was an interesting look at the younger Log Horizon members as they prepare for that magic bag quest

Puruzi

Banned
Rolling Girls 2
There was some rumor that the quality was gonna go to shit in this episode, but I didn't see it. Show is still fun.

Why can the mobs get blown sky high and get like a couple scrapes, yet the super people can get totally fucked up? Prettty odd.

Tiny hats > *

I agree and she isn't even using a tiny hat. Rita has plenty of good thing up her sleeve like:
-the fact that she can stop both mains in their tracks from doing stupid things
-she's a zombie
-She's ressourcefull
-She's level headed and takes good decisions so far.

Rage of bahamut genesis - 06

And with this 6th episode my POV of her is still the same , stilla great character.
Favaro got some nice moments, here and there.
Shingeki%20no%20Bahamut%20-%20Genesis%20-%2006.jpg

What a way to live your life..
Nothing wrong with it , if you live in a fantasy world.
So more backstory. The one who is pulling the strings is still hiding , angels seems to not be assholes yet ( surprising , but i don't believe everything yet ) , demons are doing demons things and the human kings seem headed toward a BAD END ( just a hunch ).
Jeanne of arc is OP, if she was in attack of titans,the story would be over in 5 eps.

Overall a nice episode.

Durarara!! x2 Episode 2

Aoba is amazing and needs to stick around. Every moment he was on screen was perfect. Reminds me of Izaya at times for some reason. And speaking of Izaya glad he and Kida are still together, even if only txting each other.

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-13
tumblr_mfvt2zkH6v1s0ufsdo1_500.gif

So the attack on NERV took place and the results went about as well as the first time. The animation was pretty piss poor by Sunrise standards.

You were right that it does get better in the 2nd half, but I think I'd enjoy this show much more if it focused on France using serfs and mercenaries fighting a land battle with England and cut out the majority of the dialogue between any of the witches as most of it was cringe-worthy.

I might watch another episode before dropping, but right now not much is really enticing me.
That's like saying I like the Yu-Gi-Oh anime but I wish they wouldn't actually play the card game in it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kantai Collection 2
OP and ED is really good Poi~ (repeating it as i type this)
Fubuki doing special training so that she can be useful in battle Poi~
Bath that can heal you? I want that Poi~
It's okay episode Poi~

Parasyte the maxim 14

Jaws and Migi working together to catch that detective. Ryuko best girl in parasyte.
That laughing is gif worthy. HAHAHAHA

Death Parade 2

Decim, you made a mistake.
Exposition episode, confirming several points like what is void and the role of arbiter

Shirobako 14
Dat ass! is going straight to my reaction image folder.
Zuka-chan T_T
Let's hope a miracle happen, like author requesting new character to appear or seiyuu have other issue to attend.

Narag

Dog Days' 13 FIN

Well, that was really sort of bittersweet like I suppose most farewells are. Credit roll was as well as it reminds us we get a view of Flonyard when the Heroes are present but things keep rolling on even when they aren't.

===

As much as I loathe the "fun things are fun" mantra, I think it actually applies to this show, specifically this second season. There's no real drama present as it's essentially "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" but instead of at camp or at the beach, it's a magical land of animal girls. This season benefited greatly from never taking the more dramatic turn the first did, instead letting the ensemble cast get together in various combinations so we could kick back and see how they played off against one another in various situations. The lighthearted tone is probably the show's strongest point as the general lack of internal conflict reminds the viewer that, in the end, this is just a group of friends trying to spend a little time together while they can.

^ lolol

Rolling Girls - 02

That was pretty fun I have to say, though the action was a bit disjointed at several points and I struggled following it slightly.

Considering the show's actual title, OP and the events taking place this time around, I actually wonder what direction this is heading in. Are we going to get some kind of adventurous hunt for more of those heart gems, with our protagonists driving (hence rolling) from location to location and having a battle every now and then?

Am looking forward to more.

Woofy is just asking you fellows watching Dog Days to post more Dog/Cat girls.

Everyone here knows how much he loves that kind of stuff with monster girls.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Rolling☆Girls Episode 2:

I still have no idea what a rolling girl is but it appears to be some wonderful combination of Jet Set Radio and Fooly Cooly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom