• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rolling girls is about post apocalyptic bike gangs... but moe.

Rage of bahamut genesis - 07

So , orleans ..kudos for :
Hiding magical golems in your walls
Having a well formed army ( good reaction for a suprise attack , especially since they just got back from a campaign )

So ... jeanne battle was cool ... really liked the end of her batlle
Shingeki%20no%20Bahamut%20-%20Genesis%20-%2007_01.jpg

"BEGONE VILE CREATURE" is shorter you know.
Shingeki%20no%20Bahamut%20-%20Genesis%20-%2007_02.jpg

Best duo.
Favaro & kaisar battle was well done , but a little over dramatic , it gave a good hindsight of the 2 main heroes and it delivered on the "dynamic" i wanted earlier.
This is really good

Other than that , rita still good, azazel got taken out by the "talk since i'm obviously going to win" trap but it's alright .

In the end this episode delivered since despite all of that the intrigue did advance a litlle

Rolling☆Girls - 02

This show is fun. I like fun. Will continue watching for girls beating the crap out of each other and fun times on motorcycles.

daveo42

Banned
Rolling Girls E1-2

Great setup for the world and basic story, plus the comedy aspects were good and just the right level of over-the-top. I'm thinking I'll like the direction this show will go.

That's like saying I like the Yu-Gi-Oh anime but I wish they wouldn't actually play the card game in it.

That's probably why I'll end up dropping it anyway. Having witches and succubi being a part of the background helping to control the war and other events sounds good, but the way it's being handled leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There's a good anime in there, but not with the ridiculous level of lewdness it already exudes.

CDiggity

Lolling Girls 02

Hmmm. This goes in the "dropped, but will watch all the webms of the animation" category. I really don't care about the story or the characters for some reason. They just don't click with me.

It is pretty to look at, really dig the watercolor backgrounds, but if I was reading the credits right, there were a lot of animation directors and 5 outsourced studios listed in the credits, so I will not be surprised if the animation quality disintegrates, or this show gets the Titan treatment of long opening recaps and panning still frames to "complement" the actual animation.

Jex

[Stardust Crusaders] - 26

Yeah, I don't know about this arc. I can pretty safely say that the OVA not only did this arc far better (in terms of a longer and more complex fight) but it obviously looked better as well:

pjgyta.gif

Still, I thought the TV version of this fight was perfectly acceptable. I don't really have any complaints, beyond some slightly off-model character work. It's just clearly inferior to the OVA, which of course isn't necessarily a fair comparison.

Jarmel

Banned
So I just wanted to point out that I really thought the storyboarding in these two scenes in the Aldnoah Zero 2 OP were really well done.
This was obviously symbolical of Inaho losing the Princess right in front of him. He reaches out to her like he did while crawling to her in episode 12 but she disappears in front of him. In his mind, she's gone (as he doesn't know she's in a coma).
The gun pointing towards him is a reminder for himself of who caused the damage, not only to his eye but to the Princess as well.
This worked really well in that it shows Slaine obsessing over the Princess's body and that he's lost sight of what she stood for. He's more concerned about her physical wellbeing than her ideals. The Princess would not approve of what he's doing and he knows this but continues on anyway. Unlike with Inaho's scene where Inaho and the Princess are face to face, the Princess is staring at Slaine's back. Slaine literally has his back to her.
This shot is just reinforcement of the notion that he's getting further away from her, emotionally. Inaho is trying to get closer to the Princess while Slaine is getting further away.

The other interesting point is the contrast of lighting in both scenes in that Inaho's scene is bathed in light all around while Slaine's in a constricting dark space.

Yeah, I don't know about this arc. I can pretty safely say that the OVA not only did this arc far better (in terms of a longer and more complex fight) but it obviously looked better as well:

pjgyta.gif

Still, I thought the TV version of this fight was perfectly acceptable. I don't really have any complaints, beyond some slightly off-model character work. It's just clearly inferior to the OVA, which of course isn't necessarily a fair comparison.

An OVA with better animation than a tv series? Not that surprising.

Kurobas 3 Episode 2

Why they make Kise look all bad. But maybe he can get in the zone.

Unlike Hanamiya (who was cool and pretty go), Haizaki has no traits to make him even a gram of a bit appealing. I hope he loses pretty badly.

Jex

[Rolling Girls]- 2

So, in all seriousness, this looked about as good as the pilot episode. I'm not sure how long they can keep that up under the pressures of TV production but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

As for the episode, and the series itself - I can't really say for sure what they're going for here. Obviously the series has set up a vague goal for our 'protagonists' but I can't really say that I really know about these characters besides our main heroine.

I imagine there will be plenty of complaints that this is an "aimless" or "plotless" show with "no characters". I remain optimistic, based on the strength of the first two episodes, that this series will do just fine.
An OVA with better animation than a tv series? Not that surprising.

You might think so but the 2000 OVA's were quite spotty in places and David have done a pretty good job with Stardust Crusaders so far.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S3 2

The animation looks way better than S2. I like the back story of Kise and Haizaki. Can't wait for Kise to counter him next episode.

cajunator

Banned
Looks like more Drrrrrrrr lunchbox editions are getting made.

Also preorders are up for KLK V5, Nisekoi V3 and V4, and Koimonogatari.

Placing orders for all of the above as we speak (minus the lunchbox)!

KLK V5 does include the OVA too!

Thanks for the reminder BEAR :)
Im trying to stay ahead of the game sow since I have been missing releases lately and getting stuff later. It doesnt really matter, but its a collectors mentality thing.

That's why I think the model ATA did was a great one, there was the fancy packaging with art book version for those who wanted it and a cheaper complete version for those who just wanted the show. Though, from what I saw, the Cowboy Bebop art books were pretty thin so they were more art pamphlets than books.

The booklets in the Amazon edition are pretty nice actually. Fairly weighty too.

You'd think but I don't quite believe it. I present these points to prove my case:

1) Garzey's Wing.
2) Even when other people are tying to emulate Tomino's unique writing/visuals they can't because no one can deliberately create things in the same style as him. It's like he's an alien whose never read a book or watched a film.
3) Tomino has been consistently inconsistent over the decades and perhaps he's become more senile than usual.
4) Garzey's Wing.
5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-0FFe4EB0o

Im not sure what point you are trying to prove here but you certainly proved the hell out of it.

Yeah, I'm sure there are solid motives for all and there is all type of clever references that I have not noticed, but personally, that was my feeling too.

For example
Julia dies, yes, it´s sad, yes, it´s tragic, yes, I understand she was incredibly important to Spike, yes. But... I know nothing of her, I know almost nothing about how they met, how was she, how was their relationship. One chapter focused of that could have added a lot more to that scene.

But again, this is very personal and probably has been discussed and even explained to death. Not trying to "criticize", just expressing a viewpoint, as wrong as it may be.

I agree. This show really could have been a lot more if it focused less on day to day antics and really got into the characters origins beyond just token episodes here or there. I honestly didnt connect with it as much because of that, though I certainly appreciate the story when it is there. My favorite episodes barely even involve the main cast arcs though.

I really love that OP though I hope we hear more of that insert song in the first episode.

Woofy is just asking you fellows watching Dog Days to post more Dog/Cat girls.

Everyone here knows how much he loves that kind of stuff with monster girls.

To be fair, people should!

daveo42

Banned
Yurikuma Arashi E1

First half - Umm...okay. I guess I can buy into some of this. Bears, girls, lesbians, bear girls who are also lesbians, guns. Plus that bear eating bit was hilarious.

Second half: What in the flying fuck is going on? What am I even watching? Is that what I think it is? Oh god...

I might keep watching it if it continues to shock me in the way the first episode did.

Aldnoah Zero - 14

Eggs using his eye on Inko was a fun use of it. I didn't expect Slaine and Eggs to meet and face each other this soon.
Now I'm just waiting for Wheelchair hime to pull the plug on Asseylum and begin to seduce Slaine. Change your hairstyle and maybe senpai Slaine will notice you. Soundtrack is one thing this show does very well.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Rolling Girls 2

still great! soundtrack is a lot of fun with all the Blue Hearts covers, the artstyle is really pleasant, i assume the show is basically going to be the girls riding around patching up the warring states' differences, I doubt every episode will be as well animated as the first two, but even so it looks like it's going to be a fun ride.

Rage of bahamut Genesis - 08

Stilla good episode , with explanation on mira backstory , a king that was indeed headed toward the bad end:

Shingeki%20no%20Bahamut%20-%20Genesis%20-%2008_02.jpg

Can't help but laugh
yeah right, you want a god slayer sword, how about slaying 2 demons for starters ? Stupid king !

Other than that the episode clearly changed speed as many are betrayed ( or feel like it ) , favaro starts a new journey , lucifer & bellzebuth are best buddies ( too bad azazel !! ) and meanwhile , in the heaven , gabriell seems like she is still ..... doing nothing ? Ok then.

Ps: Rita remains the best girl ( let's hope she comes back )
Guess i'm gonna keep the last 4 eps for tomorrow in order to enjoy this finale.

Shonen Hollywood Episode 15: In the Eyes of the Guardian Deity

Aw that backstory told through the eyes of Cat was pretty interesting. The story of the original Shonen Hollywood and their disbanding :( (well it had such a good song playing). Teared up and all.

Ryu was the best.
Why is God so mean

javac

Cross Ange-13
tumblr_mfvt2zkH6v1s0ufsdo1_500.gif

So the attack on NERV took place and the results went about as well as the first time. The animation was pretty piss poor by Sunrise standards.

Why is there a NERV logo in this show? What IS this show? In fact...no scratch that. Don't tell me. I typed its name into Google and it looks like typical anime rubbish (sorry for people who like it, we all have our guilty pleasures and I haven't seen it so I'm just speaking for what I see). But yeah...let me guess it tries to do a bunch of cross overs and be all funny and what have you? Blah never mind. Damn NERV logo...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Why is there a NERV logo in this show? What IS this show? In fact...no scratch that. Don't tell me. I typed its name into Google and it looks like typical anime rubbish (sorry for people who like it, we all have our guilty pleasures and I haven't seen it so I'm just speaking for what I see). But yeah...let me guess it tries to do a bunch of cross overs and be all funny and what have you? Blah never mind. Damn NERV logo...

it's amazing how much you missed the mark by.

Superior twin detected.

Not trying to insult Kururi, whose good on her own.

But Mairu is just on another level than her.

Aoba is alright.

Liking how he's willing to speak his mind.

Maybe Mikado can learn a thing or two from him.

javac

it's amazing how much you missed the mark by.

Look, I saw a NERV logo and when that happens I become a possessed beast of sorts and end up writing things I end up regretting, with egg on my face. As I see it, that episode was just reminiscent of scenes from Evangelion and that picture is just from...well Eva. Well don't scare me like that and post an image out of something like Eva when discussing a whole different show! It's the stuff heart attacks are made of after all. Damn...

Nobody reads my comments when I write something of interest but make a silly mistake and I'm shot down in seconds. Might as well add some silly things to my comments every now and again to see if anyone is paying attention >_>

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Look, I saw a NERV logo and when that happens I become a possessed beast of sorts and end up writing things I end up regretting, with egg on my face. As I see it, that episode was just reminiscent of scenes from Evangelion and that picture is just from...well Eva. Well don't scare me like that and post an image out of something like Eva when discussing a whole different show! It's the stuff heart attacks are made of after all. Damn...

Nobody reads my comments when I write something of interest but make a silly mistake and I'm shot down in seconds. Might as well add some silly things to my comments every now and again to see if anyone is paying attention >_>

that's the true animeGAF spirit right here!

Yukikaze Days De Gozaru S2 End

GcR6KHK.gif

Basically.

I'm glad it didnt get serious like S1 and it was just 13 episodes of putting characters together and see what happened. Lots of fun situations and moments, and the people from Pastillage were an adorable addition to the cast. Its kind of hilarious to think that the demon king guy, no matter how evil he is, is still some sort of chipmunk or squirrel.

Sink is just handing out Daisukis like theyre candy man. Dude needs to chill! I also just realized Rebecca's hero colors are GAF colors.

Onward to S3! Eager to see an updated version of the random-clothes-ripping-off physics engine. Needs more grown up Gaul as well.

Aldnoah.Zero 14

GODDAMMIT YOU REALLY DO TRANSFER ALDNOAH POWERS THROUGH A KISS. That means that old man Emperor kisses all the Orbital Knights gross
Is Slaine a newtype now? Cuz it sure seems like it. And of course Inaho's Solid Eye makes him even more OP. Now he can pseudoscience is way through every fight by analyzing bullshit!

Well I guess I gotta give it credit for depicting the Asteroid Belt as rather sparse then a gigantic field of never ending rocks. Better then the last episode but only by the margin of the last episode being terrible and this one just being bad.

Rolling☆Girls 2

I like the OP. I also like the OST, despite the song lyrics being nonsense.
The show doesn't look any worse from the first episode, in fact, I think it looks better in some places and cuts. I don't actually think the show is that confusing, really. It doesn't really need a lot of explanation to work, I'm just treating it like a Fighting Game plot, because if people want to fight each other for dumb reasons they can go ahead in do it!
This shows pretty good, got AOTS potential along with Yatterman and Death Parade.

Log Horizon 2 15

Hey they're singing the first ED in the show! I love shit like that.
To whoever asked about genderbend Shiroe appearing in the show, there she is next episode.
Tetra plz go away

pjgyta.gif

Actually think the TV version of that scene was better, it's better animated here and the Stand appearing is great, but I like the direction better in the TV. The real comparisons will come in the D'arby and DIO fights cuz those were awesome in the OVA

Planetes Episode 1-26

So i saw someone watching Planetes in here a while ago and i decided to give the series a chance and i have just found one of my top 20 Anime's of all time, one of the most enjoyable (and most satisfying ending) i have had the pleasure of seeing. The show did for a moment get a bit dark and hard hitting towards the end but overall it was beautifully made, highly recommend those who haven't to give this show a Chance.

Jex

Actually think the TV version of that scene was better. The real comparisons will come in the D'arby and DIO fights cuz those were awesome in the OVA

See? And people thought I was being unfair by pointing out that an OVA looks better than some TV anime! Compare and contrast:

cnyjzi.gif

It's basically the same posing and framing as the OVA, except it looks worse.

See? And people thought I was being unfair by pointing out that an OVA looks better than some TV anime! Compare and contrast:

cnyjzi.gif

It's basically the same posing and framing as the OVA, except it looks worse.

I dunno they both look pretty good. I just like The Fool dissipating in the background when he winds up the pitch.
Also Star Platinum looks like he's cracking a smile and that's great

Feel like I should probably watch the OVA again, but I still think that the voice acting, character design, music and direction in the TV series make it. Fights are better in the OVA for the most part so far though. For a super JoJo fanboy like me I appreciate the full package more.

Acosta

lLXYf1d.jpg

I don't Understand What My Husband Is Saying is super cute. Too bad is this short.

Edit: And finished! that was fast :p Adorable show. The dad was the best.

MZh0bb4.jpg

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Cinderella Girls 2
Bunch of names.
Producer moe~
Rin still best girl
2nd is Anzu. Living off royalties? Those who work lose? She's something special alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom