• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Yatterman Night 2

This someone related to another Yatterman character?

Supposedly she's a descendant of the actual Yatterman heroes. If she joins the group too then we have the OP be about the villains and the ED about the heroes, which is sort of brilliant. It works as a sort of throwback to the original while also allowing the individual characters to sort of 'shine'.

Seakano - 00 & 01

Man this harem show has such a long road ahead if they want to reach their goal.. At least the dynamic between characters is already working so it's not that much of an issue ..

But there is still work.

Harem ending or BUST.

Mate.

You do realize what the English title of that series is called, right?

Rolling Girls 2

I love everything about this show. Love the OP, music, the character designs and the ragdoll animations when girls are getting wrecked.

RIP Crocodile

Death Parade Episode 1-2

Pretty great watch. Seeing both the newlyweds struggle was really interesting. Though I got to say the way the Abitors pass judgement is flawed. Did the
wife really deserve getting sent to the void because I felt she didn't.
Too bad Decim is too stoic/dense to realize that. I wonder if he'll eventually gain some emotions because as of right now he's a terrible judge of character. At least the assistant isn't dense and I guess she'll probably help out Decim.

Also about Nona who seems to be the boss, when she said
the husband would never be able to find happiness at the end of episode 2.
What was she trying to say?

Anyways OP is really good and so is Ending.

Sonicbug

Is the Manga have the same format like you see in the Anime where each episode have it's own storyline and plot and you kinda following the vague main plot which is taking over the world? Or is it very different?

The 'take over the world' plot remains the same, but the episodic plan of the week thing falls off quickly to focus on the larger US vs. THEM thing between Across and the City Environment Protection Agency or whatever Dr. Kabapu's peeps are officially called. The anime was a parody while the manga is social satire, Excel comes off as a very different character in the manga. Still high strung nuts, but smarter.

It had one of the best localizations of any manga I've ever read. I have no idea if Viz reprinted any of the out of print volumes. It was one of my favorite manga ever.

Shugo Chara 19-21

It seems like Amu's parents fight pretty often when they're not having Happygasms over their kids.

And then we find out Sporty dude has a childhood friend, and gave us the AGE DON'T MATTER SPEECH! *Tadase's airheadness helped* Too bad he didn't get the kiss, but he sure did get a Doki Doki. But... this creates a problem for me. I don't have images, but given the fact that Sporty dude is like... a grade schooler, and the childhood friend is almost 19..... having them side by side DOES NOT make it seem like that. It makes it look like they're much closer in age. This is why people second guess the age of anime characters.

Also our main heroine became useless once Nikaidou came back. He was a shit in DokiDoki Precure, so I can't say I'm surpirsed that the root Nikaidou is a massive shit. I don't know why I'm trying to guess who Amu wants to bone. Because I certianly can't choose at the moment.

Narag

Maria the Virgin Witch 2

YTr0GRel.png

Really wish it'd lean towards the historical and fantasy elements as the show positively nails those so far. The sexual humor is, well, I wish it was more restrained as it hasn't really added anything and honestly distracts from the rest of it. Still good so far though.

~chu

Maria the Virgin Witch 2
I think I may have overestimated this based on that first episode. It looks like it's going to be a comedy/fanservice focused show. It's a shame I don't think the humor is actually very funny.

A Certain Scientific Railgun - 7

Well, that arc wrapped up pretty quickly. I mean, they introduced the bomber in the last episode didn't they? It was cool that it led into the next episode and all, but eh, would have liked it a bit better if they developed it a bit more.

Or maybe I'm speaking too soon and this is only building up to something else in this show?

Either all, decent episode.

cajunator

Banned
Maria the Virgin Witch 2

Really wish it'd lean towards the historical and fantasy elements as the show positively nails those so far. The sexual humor is, well, I wish it was more restrained as it hasn't really added anything and honestly distracts from the rest of it. Still good so far though.

~chu

This art style is so different from other anime but she is cute as a button!
it reminds me of another show but I cant think of what it is.

Quasar

is that a good or a bad "oh man"?

Pretty bad if thats all their writing credits. Some pretty infamous credits there. I do wonder about Bible Black, whether they just worked on the script or whether they were more centrally involved. Though I guess that was based on a game.

*Deadman Wonderland
*Bible Black
*Afro Samurai
*Persona Trinity Soul
*Basilisk
*Gundam Unicorn

You fucking tell me.

I've personally watched Persona Trinity Soul and it was shit, and that's coming from a Persona fanboy. Like Persona 4 Golden Animation was a 10/10 compared to it.

Maybe things will change, yeah I need to stop kidding myself. All that hope of this being AOTS just went down the drain. 😌

PK Gaming

Rolling Girls 2

I love everything about this show. Love the OP, music, the character designs and the ragdoll animations when girls are getting wrecked.

RIP Crocodile

This post made me actually think that
Crocodile was dead

lol

Rolling Girls 2

It might've been the chorizo talking but I teared up a bit when Ma-chan was struggling to done the guise of Maccha Green. As motivations go, her reasons are pretty cliche, but it's done rather well here with Nozomi feeling patronized that she's being treated like a child, and demanding that she be allowed to worry for Ma-chan's sake at the very least. As people, there are things we do that, while seemingly noble or benign on the surface, can turn out to be a gentle cruelty.

There was an instance of this in Hyouka between Oreki and Satoshi, with Oreki not realizing that his "humility" was actually destroying Satoshi's self esteem. It's not something you see often in anime so I like its presence and execution here.

Despite there being a new Ikuhara anime, I think Rolling Girls might be the yuri show of the season.

I fell for this post too!

I ran the tests; the yuri ballistics came back negative man.

Jarmel

Banned
Pretty bad if thats all their writing credits. Some pretty infamous credits there. I do wonder about Bible Black, whether they just worked on the script or whether they were more centrally involved. Though I guess that was based on a game.

Bible Black was based on a erogame. I really don't hold that against him. Man's gotta get paid. It's also the best hentai in existence.

Deadman Wonderland was a complete fuck up. Afro Samurai story is absolute shit but gets by due to the production values. Less said about Unicorn's writing the better.

Deadman Wonderland's hatchet job still pisses me off.

Bible Black was based on a erogame. I really don't hold that against him. Man's gotta get paid. It's also the best hentai in existence.

Deadman Wonderland was a complete fuck up. Afro Samurai story is absolute shit but gets by due to the production values. Less said about Unicorn's writing the better.

Deadman Wonderland's hatchjob still pisses me off.

I thought the reason Deadman Wonderland ended on a cliffhanger was because of sales.

Link Man

Banned
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 10

So, what to say about this episode? Well, it mainly reinforced the story and themes of the show thus far, without developing very much. Biggest things were the mention of someone named Alicia, Arf switching sides, and the setup for the big battle between Nanoha and Fate.

Next episode looks like it'll be good, and will finally go a bit into Precia's background. As for this episode, though, there wasn't a whole lot to engage me.

It would imply the normal scriptwriter is really in charge of every element of the story and all the stuff and not just the poor handyman for the director and production commitee.

Superflat

I've only seen Bible Black from that list. And I never watched it completely from beginning to end because you know... I skip around. Didn't everyone else?

daveo42

Banned
Yoru no Yatterman 1-2

This show is depression wearing the mask of happiness, at least that's how it's felt the first two episodes. Bleak future, bleak circumstances, giant flicking robot hand, and a crew whose spirits are unusually high. I think I'm going to love this anime, but I'll probably be in tears by the end of it.

Yurikuma Arashi 2

God this show feels so fucked. At least some stuff makes a bit more sense with this episode. I'm also beary concerned that
everyone but Kureha is already a bear and looking to score her sweet heart juices.

JCG

Maria the Virgin Witch 2
I think I may have overestimated this based on that first episode. It looks like it's going to be a comedy/fanservice focused show. It's a shame I don't think the humor is actually very funny.

Neither do most people, but I imagine some do find it funny. In my case, I just tolerate it because at least the humor is different, even in its lack of restraint, from the same tired old jokes about grabbing boobs and falling all over someone else. Ultimately it's still juvenile humor, of course, but not anime 101 in my opinion. That said, I wouldn't argue the show is actually focused on "fanservice" as a whole. Yes, there is dialogue about sexual topics, often used for comedy purposes, but the amount of actual fanservice being used as fanservice is rather low by anime standards, let alone those of other series where titillation is in fact the main focus. There is no shortage of proper points of comparison this season.

Granted, they did combine scenes from different chapters of the manga this time around and managed to cram in the closest said book ever gets to being "explicit" in a single episode, but I would advise against expecting something like that to happen every week. If anything, part of me is thankful they got this out of the way so quickly, rather than dragging it out. The episode ended on a far better note than how it started and, based on the preview, I think there will also be a fairly diverse mix of elements next week.

Milky Holmes TD 2

Was not expecting an Attack on Titan reference.

I'm still conflicted on this show. On one hand, Sherlock's stupidity (and to a lesser extent, the rest of MH) is still damn amusing and everything I've come to love from her antics in the first 2 seasons. On the other, I really don't give two shits about Marine or her shitty quest to find her elements. It's just a boring plotline that really shouldn't be overshadowing the magnificence of MH.

Then there's the fact this generic idol is the straight man here. The best part of the first 2 MH seasons is there wasn't one of those, and now this non-character thinks she can take up the mantle? Bullshit!

Will keep watching though, at least for now.

Neither do most people, but I imagine some do find it funny. In my case, I just tolerate it because at least the humor is different, even in its lack of restraint, from the same tired old jokes about grabbing boobs and falling all over someone else. Ultimately it's still juvenile humor, of course, but not anime 101 in my opinion. That said, I wouldn't argue the show is actually focused on "fanservice" as a whole. Yes, there is dialogue about sexual topics, often used for comedy purposes, but the amount of actual fanservice being used as fanservice is rather low by anime standards, let alone those of other series where titillation is in fact the main focus. There is no shortage of proper points of comparison this season.

Granted, they did combine scenes from different chapters of the manga this time around and managed to cram in the closest the manga ever gets to being "explicit" in a single episode, but I would advise against expecting something like that to happen every week. If anything, part of me is thankful they got this out of the way so quickly, rather than dragging it out. The episode ended on a far better note than how it started.

I don't have anything against that sort of humor in principle, I'm not just not finding it funny here. Humor is such a subjective thing though.

As for the fan service, I can't really agree. Not with all the female characters wearing scanty clothing and these close up shots of the MC sleeping in the nude or the succubus sticking out her barely clothed ass. I actually went to take screens and wasn't sure if they were even safe to post here.

Shugo Chara 22-23

Something else that HapCha failed to provide. Back story for our villians, and why they arethe way they are. In this case, what caused Nikaidou to do what he did. And not as stupid as what Smile Precure did either.

Although I guess now, he got the sack. Makes us wonder about the other person...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom