• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched episode one.
really digging the animation and style. kinda reminds me of old anime. I was expecting for the anime to time jump to present and be typical anime slice of life. so far I like the anime.
I hope the sexual innuendo is just first episode.
Virgin being a word in the title should tell you something.

Sailor Moon R 27

fYzcsfa.jpg

Emotions run high. Almost some slapping there.

People get abducted by an UFO, Mamoru plays with dolls and Chibi-Usa does some parachuting so there's plenty of interesting stuff happening.

John Blade

Nice :)

What a weird OP too for the show.
I wasnt sure what to make of it, since Mezzo Forte was straight up hentai. But DSA isnt hentai at all. Its just an action show. Though still with a bit of that Umetsu creepiness.

Well, Mezzo Forte can be a hentai or non hentai depend if you have the censored or uncensored DVD set. I own both and really, it's just 2 sex scene and isn't really need it in the story. As for the story of Forte, it's kinda typical Japanese anime but what take the cake is the fight scene which look cool to watch. They're one or two things which didn't explain like why Mikura got flashback and they didn't explain it at all. Still, for 2 episodes, it's a fun action show and did it well to keep your attention (even if they bring in sex scene to get the male audience in).

For DSA, I already expected that this is something like the Forte minus the hentai but what make me disappointed is the story of each episodes. Basically, each episodes is a mission the DSA team need to complete so they can get they money. Make sense as it's the same as Forte . But what I don't expected is the mission itself is just damn cliche and not too realistic in thinking (I know this is from Umetsu work).

In Forte, the mission the team have to complete can been seen somewhat realistic while DSA, it's more in the weird side, cliche, ruin any realism a bit in the show. Like the 1st episode, the mission was to stop a scientist from killing another scientist who left the industry because the other scientist kill a woman. This is fine but you found out the woman who give you the mission is a ghost and want to tell the scientist who have anger to let it go the pain and try to find his true love in life and disappear. This wasn't expected at all. The same with the 2nd episodes, which the mission was to help the weather woman from finding a man who is an alien so it can go back to his own world and the DSA team have to fight the villain character who is chasing the alien.

I guess what I am saying, I didn't expect the randomness stuff to happened in this show at all so, seeing the 1st 2 episodes was rough to start. I guess it won't get more nuts later but might need to put my expectation a bit on the low side to be safe.

For action, you got them in the show so, no complain. Will watch it slowly this week and make my final impression of the show.

Sailor Moon R 28

That time when Luna and Artemis came up with a worse plan than Usagi...

So, Rubeus doesn't just want to win, he wants the ones who loses to suffer as well. He gets his comeuppance in this episode though. More Black Moon Clan characters appears, so there's still enemies to fight. Oh, and there's a sped up version of the THX logo sound for some reason as well :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Today's Pointless showed that more members of the British public recognised Shark Tale compared to Howl's Moving Castle (incidentally the lowest scoring answer on the board). I weep for my fellow Brits.

lonely

Today's Pointless showed that more members of the British public recognised Shark Tale compared to Howl's Moving Castle (incidentally the lowest scoring answer on the board). I weep for my fellow Brits.
I knew I didn't watch it today for a reason. Oh and Animatsu will be releasing Gatchaman Crowds over here but it will only be Sentai's release so no epilogue right?

Film4 should've put Ghibli films on over Christmas. Missed opportunity.

So, because of another watchbet with phoenix666:

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 02

Mitsuki is gonna die if she doesn't get lovy-dovey with her big brother, eh?

And if she does Hiyori goes to heaven, because the gods loves brother-sister love I guess...

Yuuya and Mitsuki also manages to see eachother private parts, and gets locked in the bathroom together.

ibyea

Banned

And if she does Hiyori goes to heaven, because the gods loves brother-sister love I guess...

Yuuya and Mitsuki also manages to see eachother private parts, and gets locked in the bathroom together.

Oh god. D:

Don't say you didn't have it coming to you!

What....the...Lewd?

Also,

image.php

Nandaka Velonica 04-06

The art is simplistic but the animation is well done. There are so many cute little moments like when the girls are describing their crushes. There was also story elements similar to Dandy's 13th episode. Love is extremely inefficient! What is the point!?

Yuri Kuma Arashi episodes 03
BEAR SHOCK!
gao gao lolz? So is love an "aphrodisiac" for the lesbian bears and the bear court thing are still confusing lol

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 03

Oh, look. It's the falling on top of eachother thing.

And that's the childhood friend arriving, which they also point out is a trope in the show itself.

At least this episode is less lewd than the previous two. This only got whipped cream eating, wet panties and the shortest skirts + the strongest winds ever.

Ping Pong 3

Resuming this before AOTY voting. Half the episode was basically slideshows. I like the art style but not a fan of 50 things happening on the screen in different frames.

Smile let go of the gas :/

Mothman91

Ping Pong 3

Resuming this before AOTY voting. Half the episode was basically slideshows. I like the art style but not a fan of 50 things happening on the screen in different frames.

Smile let go of the gas :/

For being 11 episodes, the show does an incredible job of character development. Keep on watching, you are in for a treat ;P

Caesnd

I thought this was pretty interesting. It's not about the process of animation per se, but it is never the less a brief insight into the mind of four artists that Disney employed, and the things they talk about can (and should) be readily applied to any type of creative process.

I don't know the date of the video, but it's probably from sometime in the 60s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JK9uQNBDxQ

It's funny to see "The Art Spirit" being shown like it is as well. Seems it was as popular back then as it is now. I wonder what the Japanese equivalent would be.

Mature

I thought this was pretty interesting. It's not about the process of animation per se, but it is never the less a brief insight into the mind of four artists that Disney employed, and the things they talk about can (and should) be readily applied to any type of creative process.

It's funny to see "The Art Spirit" being shown like it is as well. Seems it was as popular back then as it is now. I wonder what the Japanese equivalent would be.
Very fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

Tenumi

Banned
[Maria The Virgin Witch] -2

So, gay rape jokes?

Uhm.

Yeah.

And that singlehandedly stopped me from watching something that piqued my interest before the season started.

...I should probably be glad I don't partake in watchbets.

...Then again, I subject myself to said horrors, so...

Theonik

And that singlehandedly stopped me from watching something that piqued my interest before the season started.

...I should probably be glad I don't partake in watchbets.

...Then again, I subject myself to said horrors, so...
Mike is the evil one in this case. He subjected Phoenix to a lot worse.

Ronja 16

This show is fantastic in setting the tone. The music, the background noises and visuals all meshed perfectly to give a somber/depressing tone throughout the episode. Looks like next episode
they decide to escape their feuding families and live together elsewhere
which will probably eventually result in them ending up in danger and the families having to work together to rescue them.

I hope this doesn't end like Romeo and Juliet. I also hope there's a good ending and a 'years later' epilogue. We'll see as the show keeps going

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 04

Yeah, that's enough for today.

Is there something cultural about Japan and incest or is this an isolated case to otaku desires?

Yuri Kuma Arashi 03

Y'know I was following this one pretty well because it wasn't such a rush like the second episode until about the halfway mark with the Exclusion Ceremony.
I guess
Lulu and Ginko are protecting Kureha? I assume it's so she will taste better in the long run or something. The hell is the point of the trial if Life Shexxy always shaba-daba-doos in the bear's favor?

I'm watching this like Attack on Titan now thinking everyone is a bear.
That KUMA SHOCK! at the end made me laugh pretty hard.

Puruzi

Banned
YuriBears 03
What is even happening. I don't understand. It was fairly easy to follow until that whole exclusion scene, but what the hell even happened afterwards? What

The music was neat in that scene though

Veitsev

Moaradin said:
Not sure if I want to watch anymore.

I am going to give context to this as I had similar reservations but watched it anyway and it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Whether this changes your mind (or reinforces your doubts) at all is up to you. Obvious spoilers for that episode.

There is a scene where Maria's succubus comes across two men having sex in the English military camp. Maria creates an incubus (male succubus) when it is suggested by the succubus so that the gay soldiers can also be tempted and manipulated. Maria creates the incubus, but he doesn't have a penis because she is a virgin and has never seen one. Later on in the episode they want the incubus to get his feet wet with his "craft" . Before, the incubus tells Maria that even without being "fully formed" he can tempt any woman with words alone. Its then revealed that the target is a man. The "gay" character in question then starts to pressure and assault (this is clearly done for comedy and isn't graphic) the unwilling incubus. The succubus tells him just to get to work, deal with it, and do his job. The succubus then offers herself instead but the man turns her down because she was too old (insulting her) and the only girls he likes are the young ones. The succubus than throws Maria at him (because she is young) and leaves Maria and the incubus with the man after telling the man that this will fulfill both your fantasies. Maria then gets pissed, summons a fucking dragon smashing up through the building they are in, and gets out of dodge

TheRancor

Heh, I just saw this recently as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom