• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

It's weird, though, because both Tomino and Nagai show in their middle works (Z-ZZ and Great Mazinger, respectively) that they're quite capable of making the hero settle down with one girl. Not sure if it's better or worse than having all three of the Getter dudes be in love with Michiru Saotome.

At least, in Grendizer's case, a large part of it is that Toei's executives thought it had to be as standalone as possible, in spite of Kouji's presence, which is kind of ironic since he's only in the show due to their insistence. There's even a pilot episode without any ties to Mazinger at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchu_Enban_Daisenso

TheRancor

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=10312357&postcount=4277

What the...

AAAARGH! The worst suspicions are probably confirmed... and based on all the info available I don't find the asking price for this BD-BOX palatable in the least anymore.

Also, title cards, logos and effects panes should never be taken as a sure indicative because those could have been re-touched independently.
Welp. I guess It was too much to hope for considering the original BD came out relatively recently.

cajunator

Banned
Hey, no hard feelings guys. You don't have to get it.
:^)

No but really, I understand why people hate it. Ikuhara's an acquired taste, and we all have different levels of tolerance for his antics. This is the most undiluted "Ikuhara" show so far.

If I didn't enjoy the show on a surface level, I guess I'd share your opinion of the show. But personally, with Ikuhara I've learned to just sit back and let myself be entertained by the randomness. I don't take the confusing stuff seriously until I dig into and understand the subtext, if that makes sense.

For what its worth, I cant figure out half the shit those shows are saying either. However I am endlessly entertained by Ikuharas work, so it really doesnt matter if I "get it"
You can be completely confused by his stuff and still get immense enjoyment from it.

All that delicious cake!

*Please note that the following Webms are NSFW

*Please also note that audio is enabled

Cake 1

Cake 2

It almost makes up for the train-wreck from last week.

Holy shit you werent kidding!
Thats TLRD levels of lewd. Like that Momo ice cream scene.

This is the greatest thing

http://www.cospa.com/detail/id/00000061921

Cospa is selling a shirt that has printed on it the full dialogue of Hatoko's rant from Inou-Battle episode 7.

This...is amazing

Now you don't need to watch even a single second of the show.

Hell no. that scene has to be WITNESSED.

Was Twin Tails good, should I watch it?

AOTY all years.

Haikyuu!! - 01

PEb0vO9.jpg

This one had gotten some pretty glowing praise throughout the course of the year and, going from the first episode at least, I can totally see why. The production values and overall animation quality were definitely higher than I was expecting from the outset. It's just a really fucking cool intro episode and I'm already finding myself invested in seeing how the dynamic between the protagonist and antagonist develops throughout the course of the series. Sports anime isn't something that I've typically gravitated to but 2014 seemed to have had quite a few hitters on that front.

Haikyuu!! - 01

This one had gotten some pretty glowing praise throughout the course of the year and, going from the first episode at least, I can totally see why. The production values and overall animation quality were definitely higher than I was expecting from the outset. It's just a really fucking cool intro episode and I'm already finding myself invested in seeing how the dynamic between the protagonist and antagonist develops throughout the course of the series. Sports anime isn't something that I've typically gravitated to but 2014 seemed to have had quite a few hitters on that front.

And the initial 6 or so episodes are probably the weakest part of the show. It doesn't really shine until the cast expands later on.

Theonik

AAAARGH! The worst suspicions are probably confirmed... and based on all the info available I don't find the asking price for this BD-BOX palatable in the least anymore.

Also, title cards, logos and effects panes should never be taken as a sure indicative because those could have been re-touched independently.

I told you this might happen! Cagliostro was a special case because we knew it was getting remastered before hand and it was getting a simultaneous inclusion to the ghibli collection.

After Kancolle episode 3, i wonder how will Mutsu die in this show.
If you don't know who is she/what i mean, see picture and the wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Mutsu#Loss
It's funny.
Before this episode most where thinking .. only about what cute shipgirl would be doing cute things , and now we're ready to spot the death flags in order to guess who is going to sink..
It's like the mindset of the viewers has changed. Next episodes are going to be good.

Holy shit you werent kidding!
Thats TLRD levels of lewd. Like that Momo ice cream scene.

The books have some stuff that is impossible to do in a TLRD..the very lewd is strong in this one.

/XX/

Welp. I guess It was too much to hope for considering the original BD came out relatively recently.
I told you this might happen! Cagliostro was a special case because we knew it was getting remastered before hand and it was getting a simultaneous inclusion to the ghibli collection.
Yeah, you are right. I had it coming for expecting something like that without any information beforehand pointing to such new treatment for this. :-(

At least I still hope for good reports about the picture quality of the other works from this box (equal to their previous high-definition digital disc releases, I suppose).

Theonik

Yeah, you are right. I had it coming for expecting something like that without any information beforehand pointing to such new treatment for this. :-(

At least I still hope for good reports about the picture quality of the other works from this box (equal to their previous high-definition digital disc releases, I suppose).
My guess is that these will be largely the same, they are repackaged with some small changes for the boxsets and extra features about the director which was on the Miyazaki box and this one too. I'm still sorta bummed I have bought most of them separately but I could have saved a ton on the boxsets, especially with the current yen.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Parasyte Episode 15:

Well, that was a whole lot of faffing about for the majority of the episode but the next opponent seems to be rather interesting.

Defuser

Historically those are awful numbers for a gundam series.

*71,081 Gundam SEED Vol.1 [DVD]

*80,635 Gundam SEED Destiny Vol.1 [DVD]

*50,631 Gundam 00 Vol.1 [DVD+BD]

*2,343 Gundam Age Vol.1 [BD]

*5,694 Gundam G no Reconguista Vol.1 [BD+DVD] 

Hino : *laughs*

BluWacky

Looks legit:

(Sinbad poster)

Can someone more knowledgeable than I explain why it's announced as a "roadshow" for July when it's a series, not a single movie? I didn't think that was a generic term for premiere date - or is it a series of movies?

BluWacky

Is this Ghibli?

No, it's Nippon Animation's 40th Anniversary project - "Sinbad - The Flying Princess and the Secret Island". However, the character design and animation is helmed by Yasuhiro Sato, who fulfilled those very same duties on Totoro and did key animation on many other Ghibli films.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 396 – The Three Questions

Wow this new Chunin exam is really good. Shikamaru's exam is much better than the one of the first season. I also love how people are remember Naruto-niichan even (Konohamaru ftw).

Yelling was kind of the dumb solution, how would anyone tell voices apart.

Blusby

Yeah, it does, but F/SN definitely feels more polished, and the action scenes just flow very well. Probably one of the few things it does better than F/Z. I knew I wasn't going to like the anime much unless it took huge liberties and deviated from the source material (the VN is shit and no one can tell me otherwise), but at least it looks absolutely fantastic.

I was also gonna rant about F/SN's bullshit in general, but I'd rather not deal with its defence force, so I'll just leave it at that.

I actually thought the action scenes were generally better in Zero, UBW's fights outside of like 2 are messes of direction.

Anyways I hope Ufotable doesn't do anymore Fate/ stuff after Heaven's Feel, though Tsukihime on the other hand...

I actually thought the action scenes were generally better in Zero, UBW's fights outside of like 2 are messes of direction.

Anyways I hope Ufotable doesn't do anymore Fate/ stuff after Heaven's Feel, though Tsukihime on the other hand...
As much as I love Tsukihime along with Ciel and Kohaku from it, no just no. I don't want to see another anime make the attempt to adapt that nutcluster of a story together in some form that would play well for TV audiences. I have no doubt it would be hard to understand unless you went through the VN several times.

Blusby

As much as I love Tsukihime along with Ciel and Kohaku from it, no just no. I don't want to see another anime make the attempt to adapt that nutcluster of a story together in some form that would play well for TV audiences. I have no doubt it would be hard to understand unless you went through the VN several times.

For Near side they can just adapt it as something akin to the manga which blended the Arc, Ciel, and Akiha path elements into one cohesive narrative very well.

How would you even adapt the Far Side stuff where Shiki is in his room for most of it?

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 117

Dream Academy hasn't been completely forgotten from the show's world - in Sumire's audition at the end of the episode, there were two girls in the school's uniform. Their time is over, but it's good that the show does remember its second season in smaller ways. Weather Girl Akari is pretty fun so far - she's carving out a different path from Ichigo, and this is one major way to do it. Sumire's signature song remains amazing.

There's still cards to sell, and it looks like next week introduces another new girl to the fold, Miyabi Fujiwara, the most traditionally Japanese Aikatsu girl. If anything, I'm surprised it took them this long to work in that archetype.

For Near side they can just adapt it as something akin to the manga which blended the Arc, Ciel, and Akiha path elements into one cohesive narrative very well.
I suppose. Thinking back on it Arc and Ciel's routes are near mirror images except at certain important moments though I'm not creative to imagine how Akiha's would fit in there.

Beefeater

Banned
For what its worth, I cant figure out half the shit those shows are saying either. However I am endlessly entertained by Ikuharas work, so it really doesnt matter if I "get it"
You can be completely confused by his stuff and still get immense enjoyment from it.
Yeah exactly, I didn't really "get it" either until I read the ANN review of the first 3 episodes, but I've enjoyed it regardless.
Looks legit:

B79DyN-CAAAoc_u.jpg

Director: Shinpei Miyashita
Character design & AD: Yoshiharu Sato
Screenplay: Hiroyuki Kawasaki
Looks pretty. *searches director* Yeahok, staying away from this one unless it gets a lot of acclaim.

Gotta say though, 2015's shaping up to be a hell of a year for interesting anime. Even if most of them fail to meet expectations, at least the industry is trying. Spring will be insane.

Guys, do you think that I would like Dragon Ball (the OG) if I didn't like the Buu saga? Majin Buu was dumb to me, IMO, I want to see Frieza, Cell, etc.

Also, what is the best version for me to watch? The OG, Kai, etc.

NeonZ

Guys, do you think that I would like Dragon Ball (the OG) if I didn't like the Buu saga? Majin Buu was dumb to me, IMO, I want to see Frieza, Cell, etc.

Maybe by the time of the late Red Ribbon arc (with Tao Pai Pai's introduction), since it's at that point the show starts having serious antagonists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom