• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shriobako Episode 15:

Right, so this episode is pretty much showing the nuts and bolts of anime production and this one really reminds me of the anime production episode of Paranoia Agent. We also get to meet some new blood and we learn that Musashino Animation is a lot older then I expected.
I knew shit was going to come down the pipeline regarding the mangaka but I didn't think it would be this soon.
Anyway, a solid if unremarkable episode but that is what they were going for, anime production is not very filled with glamor.

jbug617

Banned
Your Lie In April 14

So Kaori is more sick than she leading her friends to believe. I really do think that she dies at towards the end.

Seems like we moved on to the next drama which is
Tsubaki is in love with Kousei but scared of telling him. I don't think this one will last long like Kousei and him mother though

Man the tears are like pools on the face.

Ventara

Okay, so I need some quick recommendations for really good anime to watch from 2014. I need to be able to watch it streamed somewhere. I've currently only seen SAO2 and NGNL, so my AOTY list is kinda shoddy. Wanna improve that before voting ends (when does it end?).

On a side note, I'm getting sick of harem anime with high-school girls. Is there a harem anime with middle-aged women (around 30-50 years) instead?

Okay, so I need some quick recommendations for really good anime to watch from 2014. I need to be able to watch it streamed somewhere. I've currently only seen SAO2 and NGNL, so my AOTY list is kinda shoddy. Wanna improve that before voting ends (when does it end?).

On a side note, I'm getting sick of harem anime with high-school girls. Is there a harem anime with middle-aged women (around 30-50 years) instead?

Ping Pong is short and extremely good, if you have not seen that.
Also try Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and if you can squeeze in a 2cour series Space Dandy.

Pupipo and Tonari no Seki-kun are really short. Pupipo is 15 episodes at 3 minutes each and Tonari no Seki-kun is 21 episodes at 7 minutes each. Both of them are really great shows as well.

Shinmai Maou no Testament - 03

I'm in the mood for some cake in more ways than one.

Noragami, Barakamon, Selector Infected/spread WIXOSS and Witch Craft Works.

Uhm.... Golden Boy?

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 03

"Do Ghoul's even have a sense of Camaraderie?"

In the same breath he says all of the different Ghoul organizations that have banded together.

Jarmel

Banned
Now I'm curious as well, is there any others(with older harem women) other than Golden Boy. Tenchi Muyo and Love Hina I guess.

I have no idea where to ask this so I'll ask here.
Want to watch an anime with a good female protagonist and I don't want any mecha or magical girl so just a regular person I suppose. I would prefer her to be an adult and set in the present day.

I've only watched a handful of anime so you can probably recommend anything and I will have not seen it

NANA would be my number one recommendation. It's centered around two 20 year-old girls living in Tokyo, who are both pretty different personality wise. It also has some fantastic music (one of the characters in a band, and there are two bands that feature heavily in the story), some good romance, and a lot of drama. Fair warning, it can get pretty heavy at times, as the characters' lives go through a lot of intense moments.

The two best shows from 2014 are Shirobako (streaming on Crunchyroll), which centers around the process of making anime, and Ping Pong (available from Funimation), which is a really visually unique show about, would you guess it, ping pong. Both are highly worth checking out.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Want to watch an anime with a good female protagonist and I don't want any mecha or magical girl so just a regular person I suppose. I would prefer her to be an adult and set in the present day.

I've only watched a handful of anime so you can probably recommend anything and I will have not seen it

Kuragehime- It's about female NEET who meet cross dressing boy and got introduced into fashion.

Shirobako - It's airing this season, and it's about anime production.

Toshokan Sensou - About librarian, with gun!

Beefeater

Banned

It ends with this month, I think.

I saw 2 shows to completion last season, which is when I started watching current shows. Of those I'd only recommend Bahamut, especially for its first half.

I'd stay away from Fate, Parasyte, Garo, Twin-tails, Kokkuri-san and the usual LN trash. For what it's worth I didn't enjoy the first 4 episodes of Pupipo enough to keep watching, either. Really annoying characters and ugly animation. My neighbor Seki is a pretty fun short-series, though.

My AOTY would be Ping Pong, though I've heard good things about Barakamon. I think Barakamon edged out Ping Pong for AOTY on 2chan.

Superflat

Millenium Actress
Paprika
Shirobako
NANA

Not an adult protag but great:

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru (And Yet the Town Moves)
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Ventara

Golden Boy?

Ping Pong is short and extremely good, if you have not seen that.
Also try Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and if you can squeeze in a 2cour series Space Dandy.

Pupipo and Tonari no Seki-kun are really short. Pupipo is 15 episodes at 3 minutes each and Tonari no Seki-kun is 21 episodes at 7 minutes each. Both of them are really great shows as well.

Noragami, Barakamon, Selector Infected/spread WIXOSS and Witch Craft Works.

Uhm.... Golden Boy?

The two best shows from 2014 are Shirobako (streaming on Crunchyroll), which centers around the process of making anime, and Ping Pong (available from Funimation), which is a really visually unique show about, would you guess it, ping pong. Both are highly worth checking out.

Thanks guys! Will check out Ping Pong, among others, since I recall hearing good things about it. Will save Shirobako for once it finishes airing.

And I'll definitely check out Golden Boy later. I have heard of it before, too, but I thought it was just another harem anime with high-school girls.

It ends with this month, I think.

I saw 2 shows to completion last season, which is when I started watching current shows. Of those I'd only recommend Bahamut, especially for its first half.

I'd stay away from Fate, Parasyte, Garo, Twin-tails, Kokkuri-san and the usual LN trash. For what it's worth I didn't enjoy the first 4 episodes of Pupipo enough to keep watching, either. Really annoying characters and ugly animation. My neighbor Seki is a pretty fun short-series, though.

My AOTY would be Ping Pong, though I've heard good things about Barakamon. I think Barakamon edged out Ping Pong for AOTY on 2chan.

1 month. Oh, I've got time then. Thought it'd be like next week or something. Might check out Barakamon, too, if that many people like it.

Princess Jellyfish would fit the bill quite nicely.

jman2050

Shirobako 15

Man, a whole lot of planning, tons of meetings, more meetings, making sure everyone is on the same page, setting up the schedules, etc etc. Looks like Musani's figured out everything they need to do so it should be smooth sailing from here.

Just kidding, INTO THE TRASH IT GOES. Where were you when Editor-san ruined everything?

DEATH™

Shirobako 15

Since everything's gonna be scrapped, does this mean Zuka-Chan-Senpai will have another chance to get in the project in expense of everyone?

But darn everything will be hectic...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think so, this is just some hubbub over the character art. Unless the mangaka decides he wants to have extreme control over the project, Zuka-chan-senpai will be serving food for the rest of her "career".

The Slayers NEXT 32-33

One of these days, Whatsherface will be formidable and not a joke villian.

Amelia really is getting sick of Lina's shit, and she clearly blushed towards Zelgatis after burning some slugs. I WATCHED ANIME ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT MY SIGN LANGUAGE WAS IMPECCABLE

Also the packaging for this is awful. It's the worst Slayers experience I've had, with period magic being in second place now.

Veitsev

Thanks guys! Will check out Ping Pong, among others, since I recall hearing good things about it. Will save Shirobako for once it finishes airing.

And I'll definitely check out Golden Boy later. I have heard of it before, too, but I thought it was just another harem anime with high-school girls.

1 month. Oh, I've got time then. Thought it'd be like next week or something. Might check out Barakamon, too, if that many people like it.

You misunderstood. Voting ends at the end of this month, Jan 31st.

Clov

I should have trusted you, Clov.

Very excited for this and Jin-Roh at the end of the month.

Even better news; WTK from The Fandom Post got in touch with Maiden Japan's parent company, Section23. They confirmed that Maiden Japan also will be releasing Patlabor 2 in 2015. It's going to be a great year!

I'm really excited for the Jin-Roh release too. I was upset about missing out on the Bandai Visual BD for the longest time, and now I'll finally get to own a copy of it! It's been a few years since I watched it, so it'll make the rewatch even better.

survivor

Banned
Going through Dandy episodes. Narag gave me a list of good ones to watch but I don't know where I saved it and I'm too lazy to hunt it down so I'm scrubbing through these episodes bound to find few good ones.

dandy 1

I remember this from the first time I watched it, it's still as terrible as ever. Dull first half followed by a second half of random action scenes that I should somehow care about for some reason. I should have just watched a short webm, it would have served the same purpose.

dandy 2

Some good music in the second half during the talk with the ramen dude, but outside of that forgettable episode. I had trouble remembering what happened in it and i just watched it an hour ago.

dandy 3

Stuff happened, dandy got tricked some alien, I don't know, can't be bothered to care about this episode one bit.

dandy 4

Don't know why they spent entire second half on zombies lives documentary whatever. It's a funny quick thing like when Shaun of the Dead did it near the end, but spending half of the episode on a single joke, oh well. It was a zombies episode and well in this day and age you can rarely tell a good story using them.

jbug617

Banned
Got Cowboy Bebop today:

Is that the UK version? I remember it having a different packaging

edit: seems like you got the complete series release
100_5486.jpg

Fafner Exodus: Episode 3

The Soushi and Kazuki laying on the beach scene was really nice and pleasing. I love when they do that for us for both of them. Such long hair now too.

All the other plot events this episode were great.
Loved the scene in which they were able to generate more cores and discuss how it would affect things future. I want these black boxes details to be elucidated soon.

Shugo Chara 36-37

Amu continues to win the hearts of boys with her "cool and spicy" aura. And everything I hear someone say that phrase, I think of Aikatsu.

There are quite a lot of stubborn people in this show, I realize

tbh the waifu/hasubando vn stuff is the only reason why anyone would waste their time with the trash persona series. and if u play it for the pissweak rpg part of it then llllloool

I'm like 60 hours into Persona 3 FES and still not sure why I'm liking it.
The characters are pretty interesting though

tbh the waifu/hasubando vn stuff is the only reason why anyone would waste their time with the trash persona series. and if u play it for the pissweak rpg part of it then llllloool

More than once I wanted to play persona without the dungeon elements, would replay that a lot more.

The Slayers 24-26 END

The first season of The Slayers is over, with some neat animation depicting the final assualt in this battle. I think the better part about this end of the arc compared to the last one was the fact that there was strategy used throughout the whole fight, instead of effectively introducing the Best Spell Ever with DIRE CANCERQUENCES

From characters like the sassy Zelgatis, the dumb as bricks Goury, the athletic justice obsessed Amelia and Lina, the cast kept everything rather lively between them and the show.

It's no coincidence that Amelia and Zelgatis have the same movepool, and even went as far as to emphasize this with their numorous dualcasting scenes as well.

Up next is Slayers NEXT I believe. Gotta wonder what will go down here.

You've just finished Slayers ? man you're in FOR A RIDE

A RIDE
The end of teh first season of slayers was really good , very solid... Just enjoy the rest ..i don't think you'll be disapointed.
Slayers is a classic exemple of a good fantasy anime that really nails the "comedy" and the "adventure" part of the ensemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom