• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Ping Pong: The Animation Episode 3

Whoah! That was an intense match between China and Smile. Smile's a complete beast. Lame how it ended, and China seems to know it.Anyways, the ping pong action and music are both great so far in this anime.

Shugo Chara 51 END

WE HAD VICTORY BUT WE SNATCHED DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY
They make it sound like Nadeshiko really isn't part of this show anymore. We're going back to square 1

Well while I say end, it's more like going from Sailor Moon to Sailor Moon R, in that Episode 1 of the next season is Episode 52.

Here's what I have to say. It appears that me watching Precure actually ENHANCES other magical girl shows, because they seem to succeed where Precure failed. And quite frankly, HappinessCharge was on my mind as I was watching this, because there are elements that both shows share that Shugo Chara does better. Like romance... or at least it wasn't forced by plot, it happened rather gradually over 51 episodes.

What I did like was how our villains had focus, on, how they interacted with each other as well as other people, and what they did after leaving Easter.

But with that said, there's a character I don't like. Yuiki, aka Yaya. I was wondering why she was there throughout the entire show, and all she's there for is being baggage. When your episode indicates that your special talent is other people helping you, I don't know what to say. Because technically speaking, that is Amu's ability in a sense, because she's the main character.

Amu is strange to me though. In fact, you could say she's stubborn as hell, but is definitely more open to show how she crushes on Tadase. Like to the point that she may as well be a pervert. She might be tsundere done right actually.

The other supporting cast was good too, something
Precure
has been failing at for some time.

I will warn you, it has a lot of Mahou, and quite the amount of shoujo as well, but it made it rather funny at times, and caused me to flip out the other times. I really did enjoy my time through the first season, and now I move to Shugo Chara Doki~

Shugo Chara Doki! 52

First new episode of the new season!

WITH UPDATED ARTSTYLES!

AND IT'S A FUCKING RECAP EPISODE

SheyNRZ.jpg

Shugo Chara Doki! 53

OH FUCK EVERYTHING!

IT'S WORSE! IT'S A RECAP EPISODE WITH NEW CONTENT

Wai5Uaf.jpg

Shirobako 15

The exposition dump from the toys was a bit much throughout the whole episode. Made this episode feel more like documentary than any other episode before.

We all saw that ending coming with that slimy Tarou-level Editor. Dude probably just fucked off all day and didn't show or tell the Mangaka shit, until they were well underway. Fuck that guy!

Ventara

Ping Pong: The Animation Episode 5

Damn, nothing but broken dreams here. For every winner, there's gonna be a loser. The harsh reality of competitive sports.

Shugo Chara Doki! 54

Huzzah we get a Power up. Amulet Heart! Now with POM POMS

And new MotW style. Which was like... forgot the names.. .the motw from Sailor Stars.

And New Alice type girl.
And the real big bad is hinted at

Gonna be the Twin-Tail! Episode 4

Err, I did just watch episode 4 didn't I? Feels like the last episode of the series. Hmm. Some nice background on our white haired goddess though. Tailred's still so hnngh though.

Link Man

Banned

Err, I did just watch episode 4 didn't I? Feels like the last episode of the series. Hmm. Some nice background on our white haired goddess though. Tailred's still so hnngh though.

Well, you did watch
one of the last good episodes

phaze

Best episode along with the pilot and the finale.The show falters a bit after this but I think it manages to recover in the last two/three eps.

Shirobako 04

Those heathens clearly didn't watch Kyousougiga. No wonder Exodus sucks. Anyhow, best episode so far. Tarou is my idol and manages to shine when given a bit more screen time. They should make him the main protag.

Syrinx

Engaged to the Unidentified 1

For some strange reason I always was under the impression that this show had a supernatural element to it. I don't even know where I got that from.

Well, you did watch
one of the last good episodes

Hmm, that's rather disappointing. to hear, It's been really fun so far. I hope Aika still bops Twoearle still, some of the best moments. xD

Best episode along with the pilot and the finale.The show falters a bit after this but I think it manages to recover in the last two/three eps.

Yeah, they guy they fought, I was sure he was like "the main villian" Seemed it at least. We still have Tailyellow coming, maybe she's not as endearing?

Either way, still looking forward to the rest.

Hmm, that's rather disappointing. to hear, It's been really fun so far. I hope Aika still bops Twoearle still, some of the best moments. xD
Don't worry, it stays good all the way through.

Yeah, they guy they fought, I was sure he was like "the main villian" Seemed it at least. We still have Tailyellow coming, maybe she's not as endearing?

Either way, still looking forward to the rest.
There are several "main villains" in this show. It's sort of like several short seasons in one!

Thoraxes

Kotaku : Cross Ange is an Anime that Goes From Abhorrent to Enjoyable

If you were to watch an episode of Cross Ange this week as it continues into its second half, you'd be tuning into a story with an excellently developed main character and well-built world.
As far as premises go, it is one brimming with opportunities for action and character development. And with Sunrise, the makers of Gundam, producing it, it looks amazing both in and out of the mecha and has a quality soundtrack to match the visuals.
Ange has been abused at every possible level both personally and by society at large for one purpose outside of the context of the story: to make the viewer be completely on her side when she vows to watch the world burn. While the protagonist, Ange's story to this point is not one of a hero, but of a sympathetic villain. Her journey is one from being the most privileged of society to the one poised to destroy it. And despite some early fumbling, it is an excellently done character arc.

Firemind

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - 13 END

And the drama is executed brilliantly here. Nothing is forced down your throat and all the emotions coming from the characters feel very genuine.

The biggest winner in this regard here, is Sousuke. Everything about his character in The Second Raid is put to the test. He gets wrapped up in an internal struggle about where he belongs, what he plans on doing with his life, and how his friendship with Chidori is going to affect how he acts as a human being. And it's all directed perfectly.
Perfectly? Really? You didn't find the deus ex machina that is Chinese Chidori ham-fisted and out of place? I genuinely liked The Second Raid, but lets not pretend some of the writing wasn't laughable. Maybe it was in the original source, but that doesn't make it any less dumb.

Your Lie In April 14
I was somehow able to enjoy the episodes focused on music/performance, but now that we're back to this, I'm reminded that this really is a terrible show. I was rewatching Nodame Cantabile last week, and it is painful to even compare the two.

fertygo

Is Ass Class eps 3 canceled because one of those irl unfortunate event?
Your Lie In April 14
I was somehow able to enjoy the episodes focused on music/performance, but now that we're back to this, I'm reminded that this really is a terrible show. I was rewatching Nodame Cantabile last week, and it is painful to even compare the two.

How do you think about nodame S3 btw? people keep saying its terrible always made me to put the show as whole further into backlog.

How do you think about nodame S3 btw? people keep saying its terrible always made me to put the show as whole further into backlog.

It's the weakest season, but I wouldn't call it terrible. It's certainly not a reason to avoid watching the show. Though Nodame really does peak in its first season.

Defuser

Is Ass Class eps 3 canceled because one of those irl unfortunate event?

Nodam S2 and S3 were directed by Chiaki Kon. And that tells alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom