• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Shirobako - 15

Huh. Pretty sure I'd have a mental breakdown at that point and call off work for several days. Fuck that author and his editor.

Sounds like how some people react at my workplace. Ive seen people break down, cry, go through entire boxes of headache medicine, quit in the middle of the shift, and even one had to stop because she had a heart attack from the stress.
Makes me think I could probably handle Aoi's job.

BluWacky

Thanks, ISIS. And thank you creators of the anime for bowing to the Islamic group. Cowards.

Do you really think the anime production committee are the ones pulling AssClass ergo losing publicity and monetisation opportunities? Do you really think Fuji TV want a shitstorm of negative publicity at the moment? It has nothing to do with cowardice, and everything to do with PR. This isn't like The Interview situation, where it's actively cowing to a threat of violence - this is to avoid complaints of insensitivity from the Japanese themselves.

e_i

Do you really think the anime production committee are the ones pulling AssClass ergo losing publicity and monetisation opportunities? Do you really think Fuji TV want a shitstorm of negative publicity at the moment? It has nothing to do with cowardice, and everything to do with PR. This isn't like The Interview situation, where it's actively cowing to a threat of violence - this is to avoid complaints of insensitivity from the Japanese themselves.

So, they're afraid of the viewers, not the terrorists? I didn't think of that, but I still think it's letting the terrorists control the situation.

Ping Pong 6-7

Loved these 2 episodes!

Kong is getting closer to his team, and nothings better than mom food. In college when my mom dropped off homemade food, my suite mates and I all ate it together. They always looked forward to it every week.

Got some weird cousin-buzzin going on but finding out more about Kazama its understandable why he distances himself from Yurie. We dont really know much about her so I hope we find out more over time.

Did Peco get drunk on chocolate? lol. He also has really terrible taste in women. I just love the way he talks though.

I love the banter between Smile and his coach as well. Their english is very fun to listen to. The relationship between Butterfly Joe and Kaiou's president adds some more complexity as its more than just a match between two schools.

Gonna wrap this up tonight after work probably! Excited.

Firemind

It's the weakest season, but I wouldn't call it terrible. It's certainly not a reason to avoid watching the show. Though Nodame really does peak in its first season.
Weakest season is S2 by far, but yeah, S1 is the best season by far. I always stop when I finish rewatching the first season. It's a great ending by itself.

My earlier hunch of Your Lie in April being True Tears mixed with musical performances ended up not far from the mark. They're two different shows doing different things, even though classical music is the underlying theme that drives the main characters.

cajunator

Banned
Sound Euphonium cast: Tomoyo Kurosawa, Ayaka Asai, Moe Toyota, Chika Anzai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9K39h910EQ

Yessssss
Cant wait!
Musicccccc

Engaged to the Unidentified 1

For some strange reason I always was under the impression that this show had a supernatural element to it. I don't even know where I got that from.

Theres a good reason you think that...

AnimeJapan 2015 event poster

"Anime is all the same!"

Theonik

Got that too. I wonder whats going one. On Christmas they said they started working on LWA2 but I don't think they'd complete it that soon.
Survey is them just collecting data about the rewards. It doesn't really have a bearing in the production status of LWA2. It lets them gather data about the budgeting for the rewards though.

I want the Fafner Exodus box, so good.
B8C0RbrCcAIFSfy.jpg:large

Midonin

Cinderella Girls 03

Miku's attempts at challenging everyone to games was cute, but the thing that made me the happiest about this episode, aside from a nice looking first concert, was that Cure Sunny showed up. In personality and in VA and in proximity to easy Precure jokes, she's another one of the ones I wanted to see animated. The Trainers were also nicely done. I'm wondering when we're going to break away from the main three and focus on the other girls. A Ranko episode would be a lot of fun, but I shouldn't push for it too early. It'll come when the story feels it appropriate.

Which is also why I'm hoping for a cameo from the 765 girls at some point.

dan2026

Jojo's
Oingo Boingo Brothers
Bizarre Adventure 27

Some of the best comedy a have seen in ages. A Looney Tunes riot of an episode.
With a fucking great ending!

Saudades

Recently I checked out this short called Magnetic Rose from the Memories anthology film and I really enjoy it. It's likely the Alien-like setting (with some Planetes as well) coupled with the Satoshi Kon's script and the great animation that endeared me so much to it. The Yoko Kanno soundtrack is also a great addition.

After that I was starting to crave some classic cel animation and am thinking of getting into Patlabor next. Problem is I probably can't find the time for a 40-ish-episode series right now, so I'm wondering if I can just jump ahead into the movies instead. Can someone who has seen the Patlabor series enlighten me?

And I would really appreciate some recommendations on classic anime with great cel animation as well.

cajunator

Banned
Recently I checked out this short called Magnetic Rose from the Memories anthology film and I really enjoy it. It's likely the Alien-like setting (with some Planetes as well) coupled with the Satoshi Kon's script and the great animation that endeared me so much to it. The Yoko Kanno soundtrack is also a great addition.

After that I was starting to crave some classic cel animation and am thinking of getting into Patlabor next. Problem is I probably can't find the time for a 40-ish-episode series right now, so I'm wondering if I can just jump ahead into the movies instead. Can someone who has seen the Patlabor series enlighten me?

And I would really appreciate some recommendations on classic anime with great cel animation as well.

That whole project is exceptional but Magnetic Rose is the best part.

Kikirin

SaeKano 2

While it didn't focus as much on VN-making during this episode, Megumi and her interactions with Tomoya were very enjoyable to watch. The execution of the diner scene was indeed brilliant!

Not sure if it is still like this, but Eriri's and Utaha's teardown of Tomoya's game idea was very applicable to the amateur OELVN community that I knew. Ideas were a dime a dozen, with little thought to what the overall work should convey or what the goal for making it is. And many underestimate the effort needed to see it through to completion.

On a particular message board, it was particularly damning that "Work In Progress" threads vastly outnumbered the threads for the completed games and were considerably more active. They get ahead of themselves, successfully recruiting art and music talents for a half-baked project of epic proportions, only for it all to eventually collapse under the weight of their ambitions.

I can see why the two pro characters were particularly critical of Tomoya's pitch.

Beefeater

Banned
apart from jojo, assassination classroom and death parade I havent invested any time in the new shows. What should I check out?
I'm following:
  • Death Parade
  • Yuri bears (very niche, most people don't like it)
  • Yatterman
  • Rolling Girls
I was interested in Maria because of the talent involved, but ep1 didn't enthuse me. The animation/shot composition felt a bit underbudgeted, uninspired and workmanlike, so I'm putting it on hold until I know if the whole show is worth it.

Has anyone here read the manga? How's the story?

No-Rin 07

Everybody eats a lot and gets fat because that's funny or something.

And then things gets real when there's bad soil and split tomatoes. Ringo actually ate stuff she got from fans? That doesn't sound very safe...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 3:

And slowly you come to realise
It's all as it should be
You can only do so much

If you're game enough
You could place your trust in me

For the love of life
There's a trade off
We could lose it all
But we'll go down fighting

cajunator

Banned
It's the best thing I've seen in a while, that's for sure. I'm glad I found this hidden gem of Kon. I'm less enthusiastic about the other two though.

Cannon fodder is really interesting in that the whole entire segment is done with one cut. Very nice piece of animation. Stinkbomb, well that one is just plain hilarious.
Its all really enjoyable stuff.

Midonin

GARO -Seal of Flames- 15

Do you want to build a GARO? It doesn't have to be a GARO. While the franchise has never had the mecha elements that Sentai has or even the vehicular quasi-mecha elements that Kamen Rider has, this is the closest Garo's gotten to something like this, and it's in more of a steampunk way. Very little in the way of Alfonso or Leon, opting instead to focus on the townspeople. Cool little side story here. Usually, people building their own heroes ends badly (see: Alternative/Alternative Zero), but it worked out well enough here, even if what they were fighting as a
regular
bear.

Oh, and just so everybody remembers, Isuca is debuting today.

Reknoc

AssClass is up on Australia's streaming service. I guess they don't care lol

"Everyone's delaying the episode mate, we probably shouldn't put it up"
"nah mate, get that thing up and grab a cold one from the freezer"

Then they proceeded to put shrimps on barbies and get killed by poisonous animals or whatever it is people do over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom