• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Lol no. Nyanko sensei holds that honor.

For once, Woofdawg is telling the truth.

icJ0tGn.gif

This is hilariously pathetic and yet unsurprising.

That was quite a lewd anime that I'm a little embarrassed to have seen. I don't know why I'm admitting it now...

I don't think I've ever seen as much "manservice" or I guess boyservice in an anime.

The part I didn't like most was the... you guess what. They could have made an anime like that with just as much sexualization or whichever, without all the
rape danger and threatening.
But I know that a lot of people aren't as upset by that as I am...

I was actually able to finish it, though. Unlike Lately, My Sister Is Unusual. Which I dropped during the first episode because of what it had...

This is one of the worst anime ever made. I couldnt even finish it.

Hellraider

I don't think I have watched an anime that is even close to Sword of the Stranger when it comes to fights.

I can only think of a certain fight in the second season of Fate zero that is just as good.

You're damn right Nyanko-sensei wins.
joiThGB.gif

As somebody who doesn't love cats, I want to squish this one. I want to love him, and hug him, and pet him, and name him George.

cajunator

Banned
Dog Days 7-13 END

Honestly this show took a turn for the worse at the end of episode 6 thanks to it taking itself far too seriously. Show never really recovered back to its nice and relaxing state beforehand but in the spite of that I enjoyed it. Hopefully S2 learns from these mistakes and keeps things on the up-and-up, either way I'll find out pretty soon!

yes and it still makes you wrong

Good to see you are enjoying this show. Its worthy of admiration. I just cant figure out why it wasnt licensed.

Along with the anime you recommended me i started Amagami SS, interesting first episode, development in the second ep with mature acting characters,........pls let me kiss the back of your knee like a puppy...ok i will let him spoil me, in epsiode 3...eh??!
I fear i started a weird fetish anime...

Yeah you pretty much did!

TheRancor

Off topic from the above but can somebody remind me the name of this anime movie dealing with two orphan kids in a colorful noir-esque somewhat futuristic world? Art style is abstract-ish, looks a bit like Yuasa. Name of the movie was kind of hard to spell.
Shinji Kimura Art Gallery

Tekkonkinkreet

Mitch

Banned
Decided to check out a number of shows that made 2ch's top 50.

Barakmon 1-12

Ended up binge watching all 12 episodes. Very pleased with the story, and all of the characters. Naru especially. Every episode had at least 3 parts that cracked me up. The last two episodes had me laughing so hard I was in tears.

Nozaki-kun 1-9

Wasn't sure what I was getting into when I started watching this, but I sure am glad I decided to. Mikoshibia is definitely my favorite character out of the bunch.

Why does it seems like george is the only name you can come up with for a cat.

reference to Looney Tunes. The Abominable Snowman says it. Maybe it's because South America was too behind on cartoons but I always feel like this isn't as well known as I thought it would be from my age group

Noir isn't the word I'd use, but you're probably thinking of Tekkonkinkreet.

yeah sorry haha. I used it due to remembering crime/mafia in the story.

duckroll

It will truly be the end of days.

Imagine walking into a bookstore and seeing nothing but Marvel comics, Marvel movie novelizations, and non-fiction books about the history of Marvel. Then you walk to a cinema, and all the movies showing are Marvel films. You go home, turn on the TV, and a Marvel show is on. You switch over to Netflix, and the top selections are all Marvel Netflix shows. You jump over to Crunchyroll instead, and bam, Marvel Anime everywhere. You run out of the house screaming, and rush to the nearest maid cafe to escape it all. Only to be served by.... Jean Grey.

The beautiful future.

cajunator

Banned
Decided to check out a number of shows that made 2ch's top 50.

Barakmon 1-12

Ended up binge watching all 12 episodes. Very pleased with the story, and all of the characters. Naru especially. Every episode had at least 3 parts that cracked me up. The last two episodes had me laughing so hard I was in tears.

Nozaki-kun 1-9

Wasn't sure what I was getting into when I started watching this, but I sure am glad I decided to. Mikoshibia is definitely my favorite character out of the bunch.

Chiyo is so adorable its unreal. I really hope that VA gets more work.

Blusby

Imagine walking into a bookstore and seeing nothing but Marvel comics, Marvel movie novelizations, and non-fiction books about the history of Marvel. Then you walk to a cinema, and all the movies showing are Marvel films. You go home, turn on the TV, and a Marvel show is on. You switch over to Netflix, and the top selections are all Marvel Netflix shows. You jump over to Crunchyroll instead, and bam, Marvel Anime everywhere. You run out of the house screaming, and rush to the nearest maid cafe to escape it all. Only to be served by.... Jean Grey.

The beautiful future.

Please allow me to enjoy my lowbrow harems and shonens in peace.

fertygo

The beautiful future.

Your Marvel hype will be killed as soon you reading AXIS

And then you move on to better thing, Images comic :kobeface

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Please allow me to enjoy my lowbrow harems and shonens in peace.

I remember the recent set of Marvel anime, I remember X-men being alright Iron man ok kinda also, didn't watch the rest. The Wolverine anime was an err, at least it meant the actual Xmen anime wasn't completely driven by him which was an annoying trend with the X-men at that point in time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I imagine Mavel's rise of popularity in Japan will only lead to Marvel being infected by Japanification and before you know it The Marvel Avengers (so not to be confused with the superior British Avengers) have been transformed into high school girls who are aiming to form a band, be idols, make love to other girls, play mahjong, climb a mountain programme a smart phone app.

every single person in the show wants to fuck Green Arrow at one point or the other. Even the cop dad, he just doesn't want to admit it. He wants it so bad, uguuu~

The beautiful future.

But where the are the Bones mech shows in that future?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's duckroll hype. You have nothing to worry about. In some ways he's just signed Marvel's death sentence.

For me it worked enough that I've now started reading the book that follows on from the end. Am kind of bummed that they separate Tigre from everyone pretty much straight away.

Anyway, I guess if I was Japanese the series worked as planned (getting me to want to read the books).
I don't have the numbers but i hope more people give the book a chance.

Tried to get back to Durararara so I can finish it all before S2 starts. Instead got side tracked by MangaGAF into re-watching Majikoi instead.

I find it rather pleasant.
I guess i need to start the second half of the first season , too .

Baccano S2 , when ?

Lol no. Nyanko sensei holds that honor.
Truth
Naynko-sensei is best Cat , everyone in and outside the show agrees .
I have 2 keychains and a pillow , best purchase of 2012.

This is one of the worst anime ever made. I couldnt even finish it.

It has however , the best metal gear solid parody in anime of the last decade.

somebody sell me on Agents of Shield. Next superhero show I tackle will be the Flash but duckroll hype is never wrong (...).

Also please, sword of the stranger best sweet fights.
ZecNWFI.gif

Naruto? Naru-NO!

Off topic from the above but can somebody remind me the name of this anime movie dealing with two orphan kids in a colorful noir-esque somewhat futuristic world? Art style is abstract-ish, looks a bit like Yuasa. Name of the movie was kind of hard to spell.

I love Sword of the Stranger and definitely agree it has some of the best fights in the genre but its not above everything else. Its definitely at the top with stuff like the End of Evangelion fight, certain Naruto fights, Cowboy Bebop fights....I remember FMA and FLCL having some really good fight scenes as well.

The beautiful future.
I'm having nightmares. Please stop duckroll.

~wan

Deadly

Summer Wars
Good stuff. I really liked the family theme but the story was practically the same as Digimon: Our War Game.

javac

Thanks for this. I'll read through it in detail when I'm a bit more wake. Though the comment about Ghibli reminds me that I was given The Wind Rises BD for Christmas and it includes the DVD as well which I thought was interesting since I though that practise had finished.

Yes, I am aware the UK Ghibil copies are apparently the worst in the world but it was a present from my dear mother so I'm not going to complain.

Not at all! It's true that purists will champion the picture quality of the Japanese Ghibli Blu-rays and the HK variants which are identical but really outside of the first few (Nausicaa being a prime example) the UK copies seem to have improved a lot.

This page here does a great job of comparing each Ghibli release. And yeah the UK Blu-rays all come with the DVD for some reason apart from the first release (Nausicaa) which also comes sans slipcover.

I own all the UK Ghibli Blu-rays including the steelbooks and some Japanese duplicates. I think in general the UK copies are fine. They release promptly and at a great price. The issue people have is with DNR which removes grain but also bits of detail with it. They've gotten better with it and do less of it, of course ideally they'd not do it at all. Also the packaging is always spotty. The spines are all over the place and the numbers have no rhyme or rhythm. First they numbered by release, then theatrical release and then just picked numbers by throwing a dart at a dartboard by the looks of it.

Midonin

Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ 01

Nanami chose Chimchar. Her journey towards becoming a God Master has now begun! The show's themes are as pleasant as the first season's, and though I haven't seen the first season since it aired, the show helpfully recaps what went on. Of these Shinto-themed shows, Oinari and Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha are my favorites, but this one is alright. I'm watching it to support Mimorin.

Dandte

Originally Posted by Dandte

Along with the anime you recommended me i started Amagami SS, interesting first episode, development in the second ep with mature acting characters,........pls let me kiss the back of your knee like a puppy...ok i will let him spoil me, in epsiode 3...eh??!
I fear i started a weird fetish anime..

Yeah you pretty much did!

What on earth, now we went back to a lovely romance anime which has the pacing of speed of light? It feels like i missed 20 eps. and than..bam 10 years later ~ Fin.....eh?
I guess the remaining eps are episodic fragments of this 10 years. Kinda reminds me of the movie Memento.

Edit: ah crap i should have read the summary...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom