• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I want to start watching it, which series should I start with? Are they all sequels to one another?

My comment was more towards the jizz, but you should start with the first one (not Xenoglossia or whatever. That's for later viewing pleasures). It's just called Idolm@sters

:mad:

EDIT: Seriously though... It starts with they typical gun fight with some clever tactics. After two of the combatants have been taken out cut to...
elf girl masturbating behind a tree, getting off at the tactical genius of usagi-san.
At first I was in shock. Then I cried. Then I cursed the name of MikeHattsu and all who come after him!

EDIT: Seriously though... It starts with they typical gun fight with some clever tactics. After two of the combatants have been taken out cut to...
elf girl masturbating behind a tree, getting off at the tactical genius of usagi-san.
At first I was in shock. Then I cried. Then I cursed the name of MikeHattsu and all who come after him!

So you're the elf girl in this then?

Thoraxes

In terms of Anime releases in the US as of Yesterday (27th):
The next batch of releases:
February 2015 (02/03/15)
If people don't mind these update things I don't mind posting them every now and again, if not let me know.
EDIT: Made the pics a little bit smaller :)

Oh yeah that's fine.

On a sidenote: With sentai stuff shipping so early, I had my Log Horizon V2 more than a month ago lol

If I had any of the Feb. titles of theirs ordered i'd probably have them all by now too, heh.

Theonik

EDIT: Seriously though... It starts with they typical gun fight with some clever tactics. After two of the combatants have been taken out cut to... At first I was in shock. Then I cried. Then I cursed the name of MikeHattsu and all who come after him!
Jexhius approved.

Oh hell no.

I'm still reeling. It's like she reached through the monitor and slapped me across the face with that jizz covered hand.
I'll be in my bunk.

Superflat

You can always watch the movie and AO if you want more!

tumblr_nfualtl5Vy1t95z9zo2_500.gif

So how bad is AO, really? I've heard some bad words about it, but the hate here seems... delicious.

AO starts with promise but got bogged down with so much boring nonsense and characters that I couldn't follow it to the end. Not terrible, but to me it didn't have even a fraction of Eureka Seven's appeal or fun.

The film is... bad. That's all I can say. Remember everything you liked about the characters in the series, and then imagine the director doing everything he can to brutally sabotage those memories with a dull wrench.

Syrinx

Barakamon 1

Was kinda hard to focus the first 5 minutes or so since I was still recovering from Space Dandy's end to end all ends. But this was a really good first episode.

Haikyuu - 18

For better or worse I think this was a pretty expected conclusion. Can't say it reached the heights of 17 for me but it's hard to make "keeping the lead momentum" as exciting as forging the path to the lead to begin with. Good episode.

Haikyuu - 19

The final scene in this episode totally fucking sold it. I loved the emphasis they had on each individual layer as the enemy team tried to outguess Kageyama's play only to be hit with the far more subtle mixup.

fertygo

Nanatsu no Taizai - 14-15

So what that made manga reader dislike this adaptation? Story deviation?
Because I thought its still solid on all front, the production value is above average (as expected from nichigo anime) and Sawano music is actually really good for this one.. outside few eps that probably outsourced I only can see story straying from the manga that made fan dissatisfied.

Absolute Duo 01-04

I dunno normally I avoid shows like this like the plague (fantasy setting with guy in magical high school suddenly girls want him) but reading the impression here left me intrigued so I decided to watch and suddenly I watched all 4 episodes. I can't explain it but I find myself entertained so far and I'll most likely continue to watch more.

DiGiKerot

Two typos in a row! How hard can it be to write Makoto?

Man, your autocorrect is broken if that's how Ritsuko comes out.

What do people think of anime like Arpeggio that use CG for everything?

I think Arpeggio, more than Sidonia, got a little too caught up with trying to replicate the look at feel of 2D animation for it's own good. The stuff where it broke away from that - the aquatic battles, and even some of the humanoid violence, was far more successfully than the stuff inbetween where they were effectively just trying to use CG to recreate shots the exact same way they'd be done using traditional hand-draw key animation type stuff.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
just remember miki is the best

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

cajunator

Banned
Gargantua on the vendrous planet worth watching? I found the first half of the first episode very dull, despite it trying very hard not to be (it begins with a space battle)

Yep I definitely would say its worth a watch! It doesnt do anything special but there are surprises. Chamber is a total bro.

Sölf;149569037 said:
Would not only be new stuff. One of the mods in said other forum used to make quizzes with characters which we had to guess. I started to do the same with music. xD

So my stuff would also have quite a wide range.

I guess I might have a chance then.

In terms of Anime releases in the US as of Yesterday (27th):

The next batch of releases:
February 2015 (02/03/15)

If people don't mind these update things I don't mind posting them every now and again, if not let me know.
EDIT: Made the pics a little bit smaller :)

Appreciated. Lots of stuff in February that I'd buy.

Horrible.

Absolutely awful.

Easily the worst episode yet.

Not even a single notable fanservice shot anywhere.

What was even the point of making this if you're not going to show at least one good T&A scene?

Maybe so but that girl is a cutie!!

Looking forward to The Cat Returns for reasons, ~chu.

Cat Returns is one of Ghibli's finest.

Yup, such a beautiful film. My favourite no doubt. If I'm correct it never got a release in the US and many weren't even aware (and still aren't) of its existence until recently. A massive shame. Super glad that the few people who did see it appreciate it. Makes me happy.

No doubt. It's hard for me to gauge what I actually want out of a higher end release these days. I've always wanted a package that isn't too big so it fits on my shelve but is also sturdy and devoid of audio or visual issues.

I usually go by the idea that if I want a show and a CE or LE exists, its that or nothing. I rarely go for the standard edition. Having said that, distributors of anime generally find it hard to justify the prices and end up throwing in random junk that you don't care about.

I guess in the end I just want the best release possible A/V wise with nice art (subjective of course, but something a bit classy makes sense right?) in a nice sturdy package and maybe a nice art-book or something unique and not something like an OST that I can buy from CDJapan for less or even worse a soundtrack that isn't complete! :p

Yup this is just the releases for the 3rd. Other key releases are due on the 10th, the 17th and the 24th. I'll post them in a bit or as the 3rd passes :)

I know what you mean. LE packaging used to be more exciting, with large artboxes adorned with art, OSTs, pencil boards, and my favorite thing, bundled figurines!
I guess companies used to be much more generous with the extras, even on discs. I miss a lot of that stuff really.

I find it so hard to hate on shows that go full on stupid in their shamelessness, ~chu.

Thats so true. You cant hate when a show goes full retard. Its charming.

fertygo

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dat sound of denial.

JoeFu

Banned
Idolmaster isn't that good. The Kuroi guy made everything bad. Anytime the guy showed up with his 'plans' to sabotage 765 was just downright stupid. The episode with Hibiki had to be the worst and seriously made me hate the show just because everything was so dumb. Only good thing about it was the hamster pimp slap.

also WUG Zoo is the best

fertygo

IM@S still my favorite moe show even with its fault there's load of fun in there, especially with its high production value.. those waifu just look glorious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Idolmaster isn't that good. The Kuroi guy made everything bad. Anytime the guy showed up with his 'plans' to sabotage 765 was just downright stupid. The episode with Hibiki had to be the worst and seriously made me hate the show just because everything was so dumb. Only good thing about it was the hamster pimp slap.

also WUG Zoo is the best

That's why you watch Xenoglossia and Puchimas instead, which are the WUG Zoos of the iM@S universe (well Puchimas more since it's a short episode show that exaggerates their personalities, but Xenoglossia is a much watch).

Also it you're interested in getting Xenoblade X it's important to watch the prequel after all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you want to have a traditional cream tea you don't have raisins in your scones (but that's being picky).

I don't know what those blobs are meant to be but they sure don't look like a jam and clotted cream (that's not being picky)

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 118

Yuu wasn't getting used very much in the show anyway, so trading her in an exchange student program works, as far as expanding the cast without removing any of the main characters. Miyabi's cute. She's even more traditionally Japanese than Sakura, but a little more awkward around people. ...and the show has read my mind, partnering her up with Sakura next week. Good job, writers. Going by the fairy tale motifs for this season, she's Princess Kaguya, and her song is nice to listen to. Not quite as good as "Passion flower", but it's one I can see myself listening to more than once.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to have a traditional cream tea you don't have raisins in your scones (but that's being picky).

I don't know what those blobs are meant to be but they sure don't look like a jam and clotted cream (that's not being picky)

Looks like marmalade and cream to me.

Shonen Hollywood 07

Not sure that's a good idea...

Kakeru is bad at singing then and to help him everybody starts singing in the streets. I think it would have been better without the background music here. Oh, and no Shun episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom