• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirobako 16

Man this show have awesome episode every week, unstoppable!

The evolution of goth-loli sama
NwK6Uwe.jpg

4VPsRYa.jpg

hZkWIaZ.jpg

Shonen Hollywood 08

It's one of those summer training episodes.

They actually manage to not goof off all the time as well, and just like the previous group they make a video and you can see both some similarities and differences between them.

Midonin

Shirobako 16

I was going to say that "the planes are the protagonists" reminded me of one of the reasons why I couldn't really get into GuP, but telling everybody that their work is important sounds like a good way to keep up morale and ensure that all aspects are in top form - it's just that the most important aspect, the characters, was being held up. Ultimately, this episode said to me that in order for an artist to really have what it takes to be an artist, to some degree you have to be eccentric. Some do it via cosplay, some do it in other ways, but ultimately, art is the home field of the eccentrics. Speaking of, that gothic lolita baseball anime is something I'd watch. Fund it!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That response pretty much sums it up :D.

Shonen Hollywood 09

Lots of shitty TV program work then.

And since Shun is actually a musician he starts looking for other opportunities. A member of the old Shonen Hollywood shows up and makes him realize he wants to be famous as well though, so the idol thing might not be so bad after all.

ibyea

Banned
Shirobako 16
Seeing the producers deal with the douchebag editor was oh so satisfying. Plus, they added a nice back story to goth-loli animator.

One of the best things about the show when it comes to anime production part is that it is really great showing how subtle changes in the art can make such differences. I actually saw what the author meant after the changed design!

Tokyo Ghoul √A - 04

Good episode, most likely best episode yet. Interesting stuff happened with interesting people for once. Not much focus or off road on something else, pretty much non stop prison yo. The episode just flew by.
The small backstory on Amon this episode was well integrated and appreciated. Akira with her whip made her even more bad ass in my eyes, unfortunately she may not have performed as well.
Looks like that centipede left something while it visited Kanekis ear, power-up through defeat!
The problem I have with this episode though is that the animation in most of the fights just felt bad and slow.

Shonen Hollywood 10

Oh, it's that episode with Miss Monochrome in it.

They finally get to go on a proper TV show where they sing and stuff then. Guess it's all thanks to Kou, which they met in the last episode, who also appears on the same show.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 04

Parasyte is a masterpiece. And it's lavishly animated and directed battles deserve all the praise they get.

Like, I'm sure my perspective changed a bit since I've read the manga now but I've no intention of bitching on how they changed some events. It's just that the execution was piss poor and worse than that of Naruto's outsourced episodes. All the kagunes look awful now and they seemingly ruined
Kanekipede
with the same awful CG work they used on the Arata armor.

Had to laugh when Kaneki started his breakdown rant completely out of nowhere.

Terrible.

Saudades

Patlabor Early Days OVA + Movie 1&2

...Goddamn these were good. Been a while since I've seen a cast that engaging to watch - Gotoh and Kanuka are especially based. And it scratches that cel animation itch so well. The movies have some great Kenji Kawai tracks too. Just the whole package of goodness.

At this rate I'd have to check out the TV series after all, even though it's a reboot, just to get more of this lovable cast. Hope the absence of Oshii's direction and the change of studio as well as the format won't be too much of a quality drop.

Also just came across this TIFF interview with Oshii. Have some cool stuff about his life and several of his works (Patlabor, GitS, Sky Crawlers).

Edit: BTW just checked the OP and Jexhius' Patlabor OT is missing the link.

Shirobako 16:
It was nice to see more of what some of the characters get up to aside from work, and to find out more about Ogasawara's personal life and why she dresses up in that way. Plus,
seeing her hitting home runs and throwing strikes
was amazing.

Iguchi went through a lot of suffering thanks to the editor, but she also managed to come up with some new pointers on how to design characters, and she got some nice support from Ema (that workout routine was hilarious) and Ogasawara along the way. And seeing Ogasawara chewing out the higher ups for not giving enough support was nice.

Aoi also has shown her mettle in keeping the production together as best she could. She did a great job at figuring out everything that they could still work on even while they had to wait for approval, and Kinoshita did a nice job at conveying the importance of each task to the people working on them.

Seeing Watanabe and Katsuragi finally corner the editor was amazing. I'm glad they've gotten past this roadblock.

That made me laugh way to much. The episode was really pretty terrible. They shouldn't have written an episode full of fighting if they can't properly animate more than 10 seconds. I think the only decently animated scene was with the two one-eyed girls. The Kaneki fight was especially disappointing. As a result an episode about a full on attack was incredibly tedious. Kanekis rant at the end also came out of nowhere since we didn't get to see anything about him in this season so far.

I think I'm done with this show. Hearing that the manga writer was responsible for the script made kinda hopeful, but this is even worse than the first season.

jman2050

Shirobako 16

So the answer to overcoming creator's block is... cosplay?

Director x Miyamori OTP

Also I'd totally watch Gothic Lolita Women's Koshien

javac

To follow up on the update I did previously, I will post the remainder of the US Anime releases for the month of February 2015. Releases from 27th of January to the 3rd of February can be found here: LINK (Links go to amazon.com unless it's an exclusive item, price correct at time of post. Some still don't have links or box-art)
Blu-ray
02/10/15
Sailor Moon: Season 1, Part 2 [VIZ] $52.86
ERFot6b.png
Engaged to the Unidentified Complete Collection [Sentai] $34.49
E7NWQ9F.jpg

02/17/15
Hozuki's Coolheadedness Complete Collection [Sentai] $34.49
SNUF43z.jpg
Patlabor: The New Files Complete Collection [Sentai] $34.49
NWGpFId.jpg
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya [GKids] $24.79
zx6BMXs.jpg

02/24/15
Space Brothers Collection 1 [Sentai] $42.99
ySKEqyV.jpg
KILL la KILL, Vol.4 [Aniplex of America] $59.98
ejPYJ5R.jpg
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions: Complete Collection [Sentai]
aKRsXeP.jpg
Diabolik Lovers Complete Collection [Sentai] $22.99
kWIkO3d.jpg
Tiger & Bunny The Rising [VIZ] $21.29
2acd5g7.jpg
-Koimonogatari- Hitagi End [AoA]
DVD
02/03/15
Comic Party: Complete Collection [Discotek] $27.59
A52TpBY.jpg
One Piece: Collection 11 [Funimation] $22.79
mqqSnsd.jpg
One Piece Collection: Box 2 [Funimation] {Amazon Exclusive} $89.98
ytDUTRj.jpg
Your Being Summoned Azazel: Complete Collection [TRSI] $27.99
j80wLFJ.jpg
The Rose of Versailles Part 1 [TRSI] $35.99
og5HUsh.jpg

02/10/15
Reideen: Collection 2 [Sentai] $32.49
hSxzGgn.jpg
Digimon Tamers Vol. 1 [Cinedigm] $14.99
Wr7uK44.jpg
Digimon Fusion: Season 1 Collection [Cinedigm] $29.99
Y6ZsREC.jpg

02/17/15
Pokemon the Movie Diancie and Cocoon of Destruction [VIZ] $13.99
eJ5AKtq.jpg

02/24/15
Flame of Recca: Complete Collection [Discotek] $49.99
Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers: Complete OVA Collection [Discotek]
Violence Jack: Complete OVA Collection [Discotek]
.hack//SIGN: Complete Collection [Funimation] $27.99
53qyC7r.jpg
Holy Knight [Media Blasters]

If you find any errors or have any tips, please let me know :) I'm thinking of just posting a link to this in the thread as the releases get closer as a reminder but feel free to use this yourself.

Midonin

Saekano 03

The gap between 2D and 3D can be bridged, as long as you believe! I'm liking having this on the same day as Shirobako, and seeing what both of them have to say about being creative. The chemistry is fun, and Megumi is slowly coming around to this doujin circle thing. Good stuff.

April 15

I've gotten used to the level of theatrical melodrama this show aims to do, and that final scene with Kaori... she's always been a more exaggerated personality compared to Tsubaki, but Tsubaki can heal with time. In Kaori's case? I can already see where this is going. Oh, this is going to sting.

Saekano - 03

If some gaffer can be so kind and notify when Michiru comes into play, that'd be great. Until then I'm putting this in the vault.
When I'm more interested in what happens on my second monitor it's pretty clear I'm not entertained.

What do people think of anime like Arpeggio that use CG for everything?

I like it .
I was quite against it before , for some reason ... but arpeggio convinced me otherwise.
it's not perfect , but there are plenty of cool things that can be done with it.

Now i can start a full CG anime , with hopes that the team behind it is talented enough to pull it off.

Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata 1-3
Is this the time where we poke fun at the otaku culture?

Well, I admit it's a breath of fresh air, but this anime is just borderline parody of itself as it portrays it's characters in the most unbelievable and very otaku fantasy-like. It's like it's laughing at the things that it's is currently doing.

Another than that, it made me laugh a few times. Will continue on.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shirobako Episode 16:

God damn this a truly amazing series to keep up the momentum this far in, I just wish I had more to say about any given episode. Also, I just know if that Gothic Lolita Baseball actually existed Anime GAF would be trying to convince me it was one of the best titles from that season or indeed the year.

Clov

Shirobako 16

This might be my favorite episode yet! We still have the nice details of the stress of working in an animation studio, but there also was a lot of great humor. Very entertaining episode. It felt so good when
they confronted the mangaka's agent and dragged him away from the golf course. SO good!

To follow up on the update I did previously, I will post the remainder of the US Anime releases for the month of February 2015. Releases from 27th of January to the 3rd of February can be found here: LINK (Links go to amazon.com unless it's an exclusive item, price correct at time of post. Some still don't have links or box-art)

If you find any errors or have any tips, please let me know :) I'm thinking of just posting a link to this in the thread as the releases get closer as a reminder but feel free to use this yourself.

Tiger and Bunny: The Rising is only thing I'll likely get. Lets hope the video quality doesn't take a huge nosedive.

You know you would think Studio Pierrot would have a higher budget, considering that Tokyo Ghoul was the 4th top selling manga of 2014. I mean even its sequel is selling about 700K. But no they had to fuck it up, like they went to Toei level. 😞 Did they out source this episode?

Though I'm still gonna continue watching season 2 since I do find it enjoyable, but it's still dissapointing how they are ruining some aspects of the manga. Hope the next episode will be animated much better.

Midonin

Azumanga Daioh 18-20

The sorrow of being Yomi.
The ephemera of growing up.
The weirdness of the America in Osaka's head.

Covering all three school years in one series does accelerate the time scale of things quite a bit, but it also means that the emotional moments have started to get a bit heavier as the show has gone on. In equal parts, the running gags have started to exaggerate as well. Like the whole Kimura/Kaorin thing. Creeeeeepy. And that radio program has the most perfect timing.

Jex

[Shriobako] - 16

Unsurprisingly, a remarkably good show is remaining remarkably good. There's a real balance in the storytelling allowing the series to reflect on not just working in anime, or working at a certain age of your life but on the nature of creativity as well.

Of course, this being a story-driven show and not a character drama we always know that the characters will overcome their burdens but that's just the way the show works.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamayura Graduation Photos part1 trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a93DaiTxo-c://tamayura.info/[/url]
Twitter:@tamayura_tweet
第2部 8月29日(土)、第3部 11月28日(土)、第4部 2016年2月20日(土 . . .

Disc presales April 4th, regular release May 8th.

http://moca-news.net/article/2015013...13000000a_/01/
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I don't think anything could be more firehawk.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom