• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

So heres a question some people ought to know better than I.

Can you add softsubs to a mp4 file? I'm wanting to run some discs through Handbrake and I'd kind of like to have the dub track as well as the sub and use a mp4 file for the odd occasional where I need to play them on a apple device.

Is it impossible? And I'm stuck just using mkv or not have both english and japanese (with subs)?

Shugo Chara Doki 87

Lulu's guardian gets sick, and it was happy fun times with Lulu and Amu, in where I realize Lulu practically only has one set of clothes ever, compared to Amu the Walking Clothes Horse.

With such strong friendship between enemies, one who is not aware of the others misdeeds, we see strong bonding set in a slumber party set up by Lulu's mother.

.....And then Nana fucks everything up in the morning. BOMBSHELL!

Oh boy!

So heres a question some people ought to know better than I.

Can you add softsubs to a mp4 file? I'm wanting to run some discs through Handbrake and I'd kind of like to have the dub track as well as the sub and use a mp4 file for the odd occasional where I need to play them on a apple device.

Is it impossible? And I'm stuck just using mkv or not have both english and japanese (with subs)?

Wait so you want a MP4 file , with dual voice channels and an optionnal sub channel ?

Ah ah AH

You have seen nothing.
The things that happen afterwards are nothing on that.
You think this is amazing , superbly stupid ? Get ready for season 3..
Dxd runs with the not serious and improves it.

"ZOOM ZOOM IYAAAN"
^^^remember this , folks ..remember this...

Well , sound like you need to read campione or Shinmain maou no testament.
Campione orgy scene is something i'll always regret to not see animated.
As for shinmai maou, well i don't even need explanation on that.

Wait I thought most of the lewd things that happen to the MC in
Shinmain maou no testament
is a illusion, unless I'm mistaken.

Correct.

I made one attempt and all I got was burnt in subs and two audio tracks.

Well your main problem is the soft subtitles. Most programs assume that if you want MP4 , you'll have hardsubs with it since mkv is much more efficient for soft subs.

so my solution is to use :
FFmpeg

here is a list of tools ( command line ) from the wiki :

you'll note this one :

Code:
Import a subtitle file (copy video/audio streams, without re-encoding):

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -sub_charenc CP1252 -i subtitle.srt -map 0:v -map 0:a -c copy -map 1 -c:s:0 mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=ger output.mp4
Feel free to encode the MP4 with the 2 audio streams before or during the process depending on how you manage to handle the programm.

Ps : this was an example , put "language=eng" for english unless that was a german sub file :)

Quasar

Well your main problem is the soft subtitles. Most programs assume that if you want MP4 , you'll have hardsubs with it since mkv is much more efficient for soft subs.

so my solution is to use :
FFmpeg

here is a list of tools ( command line ) from the wiki :

you'll note this one :

Code:
Import a subtitle file (copy video/audio streams, without re-encoding):

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -sub_charenc CP1252 -i subtitle.srt -map 0:v -map 0:a -c copy -map 1 -c:s:0 mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=ger output.mp4
Feel free to encode the MP4 with the 2 audio streams before or during the process depending on how you manage to handle the programm.

Ps : this was an example , put "language=eng" for english unless that was a german sub file :)

Thanks. Seems like more work than I want, especially given I don't have separate sub files, all I have is actual blurays (so I'd need to be able to extract the PGS first somehow). Maybe I'll just live with using mkv.

Haikyuu!! - 8~17

This series is fucking incredible. Like the author seriously needs to be commended for being able to juggle this many distinct characters and being able to provide meaningful development for nearly everyone up until this point. How about Asahi and overcoming the past trauma in order to become a part of the larger team? How about the matches with Neko and the realization of the inherent limitations of their tricks? How about silver hair dude and
taking one for the team, realizing that he was inferior to Kageyama and self benching himself in order to make the Coach's decision easier? And his third year teammates silently watching him shoulder that himself?
And taking an episode to highlight the other side of the equation, the people who aren't able to advance and the regret of having not taken the time to put all of yourself into practicing? How about the one bench duded going out of his way to improve himself so that next year hes good enough to contribute something tangible to the team?

And how about this fucking rematch? This episode in particular is just like a microcosm of everything that I've enjoyed about this series to date. It highlights not only how far each of the characters have come on their individual paths
Like Hinata finally embracing his role as decoy instead of an ace and Asashi confronting the elements that originally made him want to quit to begin with
but also how much further each of them have left to grow. Peppered in between we have the match analysis itself, the strategy involved, the why and how they're using their team's strengths differently this time. Withholding information in order to best use their tricks in the most opportune moments. Yeah, this series is fucking great. I wish I'd watched it sometime before 3 days before AOTY voting ended to try to rally up support for it. Not sure how the series is fairing at the moment but it really deserves to be up there amongst the top 5 shows that have aired this year.

This series got lucky it was adapted by Studio I.G., just imagine if it were adapted by Toei.

Anyways it's a really good adaptation.

Thanks. Seems like more work than I want, especially given I don't have separate sub files, all I have is actual blurays. Maybe I'll just live with using mkv.
Well if you want usuable srt or sub files ( because this stuff can be hard to get , especially with blu-rays and the large number of files in them) , this is another story entirely.
Can't you go with mkv and use Vlc on your tablet ? ( that program manages subtitles quite accurately )

Wait I thought most of the lewd things that happen to the MC in
Shinmain maou no testament
is a illusion, unless I'm mistaken.

The truth is
that there are things ambigous, but you can only do so many things ambigous with a succubus nearby and a cast like that without questionning if that really was an illusion. And besides there is stuff that ( in the books ) doesn't leave doubts. Especially since the power-ups will be build on this aspect of the show.
In episode 3 , the MC
did make the heroine come 9 times by massaging her breasts
and no that wasn't an illusion.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kantai Collection - 04

M7QcrFu.jpg

Kongou sisters are awesome. Great to see Mutsu finally getting some screen time too! Very enjoyable episode.

Tuck

Kyōsōgiga Episode 1

That was really friggen good. Very interesting concept, solid pacing, nice animation and no fucking internal monologuing.

I have high hopes for this.

Mazinkaiser - 5

So did Dr. Hell finally fire Baron Ashura this time? This is like, the fifth time he said he won't tolerate his/her excuses but he still keeps him/her around.

Oh well, the guy's got two more episodes plus the movie to conquer the world, so I imagine it'll be awesome final battle time pretty soon. =D

SystemBug

So I just finished watching Eureka Seven which was recommended by one of you guys here and man it was great. The ending was a little bit depressing though, wish we got a little bit more but man, I don't think I have seen an anime quite like that one before

Shugo Chara 88-89

Lulu's arc is pretty much over, and was given the strong resemblence to Utau, the only difference is that Lulu has no brother
she wants to fuck

That being said, we were already lead to believe Lulu's motive for her actions from the getgo, because secretly no one actually likes Easter.

Rather annoying that Nagihiko still hasn't revealed his Guardian, given we have about 12 or 13 eps left of this season.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So I just finished watching Eureka Seven which was recommended by one of you guys here and man it was great. The ending was a little bit depressing though, wish we got a little bit more but man, I don't think I have seen an anime quite like that one before

???

did you watch AO by mistake

Huh?

Eureka Seven's ending is one of the happiest anime endings out there. What exactly did you find depressing about it?

SystemBug

Huh?

Eureka Seven's ending is one of the happiest anime endings out there. What exactly did you find depressing about it?

???

did you watch AO by mistake

hah no,

I wish they showed more of what happened to the people of the Gekko, I really wanted to see what Holland's and Talho's son would look like. I also wondered if Renton and Eureka ever saw their "children" again. I guess it's depressing because you have to say goodbye to these characters lol

Jarmel

Banned
hah no,

I wish they showed more of what happened to the people of the Gekko, I really wanted to see what Holland's and Talho's son would look like. I also wondered if Renton and Eureka ever saw their "children" again. I guess it's depressing because you have to say goodbye to these characters lol

You can always watch the movie and AO if you want more!

You can always watch the movie and AO if you want more!

Jarmel plz.

So how bad is AO, really? I've heard some bad words about it, but the hate here seems... delicious.

It takes what you loved about Eureka Seven and rips it to shreds. Or so I've heard. I've only read the spoilers and other people's impressions of AO and it does not sound pretty.

A Certain Scientific Railgun - 14

All this talk of "Personal Reality" and stuff continues to remind me of Hunter X Hunter's Nen system a bit.

Other than that, a pretty slow episode. I thought that
there'd be at least a hint of Saten getting her ability at the end there. :(

Link Man

Banned
Jarmel plz.

It takes what you loved about Eureka Seven and rips it to shreds. Or so I've heard. I've only read the spoilers and other people's impressions of AO and it does not sound pretty.

A Certain Scientific Railgun - 14

All this talk of "Personal Reality" and stuff continues to remind me of Hunter X Hunter's Nen system a bit.

Other than that, a pretty slow episode. I thought that
there'd be at least a hint of Saten getting her ability at the end there. :(
There's a good reason she remains a "normal".

SystemBug

Is there like a mental disorder where one of the symptoms is falling in love with fictional characters? Cause god damn every time I finish an Anime its like boom.

Cloudy

Banned
Through 6 eps, Cross Ange is pretty good. I keep seeing how this could have been a classic if it was a totally serious show.

What a waste of awesome mech designs and the fantastic ED song. The fact that I enjoy it despite the ecchi and lesbian crap shows how awesome the premise is...

Shugo Chara 89-90

Nagihiko's flashback could be considered controversial nowadays
and quite frankly, still wish it was Nadeshiko, but god damn, he certainly hid a lot of power from everyone.

Nagihiko's dream was to relive the world in thuglife clothing apparently, to be loose as hell, which shows in his movement in basketball as a dance.

Unfortunately, his new Guardian Character is a bit loose in other areas....

Hamst3r

I have finished Hunter x Hunter (2011), and it was great. It was one of those shows where the initial setup really didn't appeal to me. A good chunk of the early Hunters Exam episodes were particularly off-putting. Not to mention Gon and his upbeat theme song, Leorio, and the more ridiculous of the character designs on display. There were numerous occasions where I had to wonder if the show was going to get better.

Well, it did. It got a lot better. A lot of the Chimera Ant arc was pretty fantastic, especially the latter half and the ending.

I guess that's it, I'm not much for long reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom