• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

Gundam Build Fighters TRY 16

docKwnO.gif

~chu

What the hell is up with the crowd in this episode? They should have been on their feet instantly.

Fushigiboshi no Futagohime 1

So there's like... seven kingdoms with seven princesses who initially compete for the Sun Prince's shining coke.

But shit happens and we have Team Gemini, the most unprincesslike princesses of awww time. I guess this will compliment Go! Princess Precure

Jarmel

Banned
Shirobako-16

I found this to be one of the strongest episodes of the show altogether. I feel like it works best when the show is being introspective into the minds of the characters when they hit roadblocks. The work gets a real melancholic feel to it and I feel portrays the emotions of the characters extremely well.

Although I was expecting the conclusion to be them showing the author the original sketches and him being dumb enough to not see the difference and signing off.

P.S. Angel Dance is the cutest thing ever. New undulation gif/webm.

Cloudy

Banned
I should have known it was the modders who added a cock to the first Cross Ange OP. Show is much less vulgar and I went in with a totally wrong impression lol

Angel Beats! 4

Hilarious episode. The axe guy always competing with the MC every chance he gets. That Yui girl is an idol wannabe with a really foul personality. So good.

This show is so weird. The mood whiplashes kill me man. I cant go from laughing my ass off to feeling like shit in a matter of seconds.

Cloudy

Banned
Angel Beats! 4

Hilarious episode. The axe guy always competing with the MC every chance he gets. That Yui girl is an idol wannabe with a really foul personality. So good.

This show is so weird. The mood whiplashes kill me man. I cant go from laughing my ass off to feeling like shit in a matter of seconds.

Enjoy the ride. What a great, poignant show that was. And that ED song with a different character missing each time....oh man, the feels...

Enjoy the ride. What a great, poignant show that was. And that ED song....oh man

I'm really enjoying it so far, even when its trying to rip my heart out. Characters are really colorful and the gags work. ED is really nice too.

I've enjoyed every show I've watched by P.A. Works (Glasslip never happened) so far. Going down the list of the ones I havent yet.

Detective Opera Milky Holmes 2

Cordelia is the most delusional confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised if she's the reason why everyone called them typical loli dykes. In a comical fashion, the show displays how desperate and immoral they are in order to survive to become the best again, even breaking mega... cheetos :l :l :l

Wtf did I just watch.

What you saw is what some say love is. They say that it is a river that drowns the tender reed. Some say love it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed.

Some say love it is a hunger an endless aching need. I say love it is a flower And you it's only seed.

Also the rating system goes Senpais> American girl with the really thick US accent > girl with perpetual upskirt > ?????-chan > everybody else

Link Man

Banned
Nanoha A's 10

WHAT!
Well, i kinda figured it was this when the second one showed up, but still.

Graham was Hayate's benefactor?
This episode, man, it's blowing my mind.

SHIT!
Umm, the writers really couldn't think of a less convoluted way for Nanoha's friends to find out? They are in the barrier literally out of plot convenience.

Well, it's a good thing that attack doesn't affect buildings. err...what if they went inside a building?

And here comes the tentacle monster. Oh god.

WHAT!!!
Fate, no!

Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road 16

Well this continues to be entertaining, but predictable. They way they are ignoring Onoda and Manami makes it so incredibly obvious that it will come down to those two. But it's still fun to watch despite how telegraphed everything is.

Giolon

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 S1 END SPOILERS!!!!
I give Season 1 4.5 out of 5 ~wans

Onto Season 2!

We were all there once, ~chu.

You sure got through that quick! Got to wonder if your enthusiasm for 00 will continue by the end of S2. ;)

Yeah, there's nothing quite like the difference in feeling I had beween the ending of Part 1 of 00 (thinking it was one of the greatest Gundam series I'd ever seen), and the ending of Part 2 (thinking wtf happened this show used to be so good and it went and pissed it all away. Mr. Bushido my ass), and then...

Get ready for Season 2 to start off freaking amazing only for it to fall off a cliff into the dark abyss that leads directly into Awakening of the Trailblazer.

That's pretty much the perfect description.

fertygo

Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road 16

Well this continues to be entertaining, but predictable. They way they are ignoring Onodo and Manami makes it so incredibly obvious that it will come down to those two. But it's still fun to watch despite how telegraphed everything is.

Midosouji doe..

Btw Imaizumi being alpha give me big grin, this is why I watch sport animu basedgod.png

dan2026

You would think so, but people love that series. There are at least dozen of my friends who just simply think its the best thing out there.

Hurts my head!
I gave it about 10 episodes hoping it would get better and trying to see what the hype was about. It didn't and I couldn't.

Midosouji doe..
He's Imaizumi's obstacle to overcome. Onoda has no history with him, Manami's his rival. I don't think it's a coincidence that Onoda/Manami have done nothing on day three and Imaizumi is getting his time to shine this far from the finish line.

Jintor

DEATH™;150384875 said:
Is Seo and Waka "dating"?

Yes.

No.

...maybe.

I don't know?

Can you repeat the question?

Fucking SAO why do people like it?
Its just mediocre in the extreme.

You would think so, but people love that series. There are at least dozen of my friends who just simply think its the best thing out there.

Hurts my head!

We talk alot about not shitting on people for their tastes but I find that genuinely difficult with regards to people who unironically enjoy SAO. I at the very least know their tastes do not match mine.

phaze

kysousougiga - Final
So basically all that was all because the dad became a fucking lunatic somewhere along the line because reasons and started doing things just cause.

What a mess. Absolutely terrible. Started so good and just turned into this incomprehensible travesty.

So incredibly disappointed.

Even
Gods get depressed sometimes

I've had my own share of pet peeves with that ending but I was bothered mostly by the the ease with which the talk no jutsu was applied and either unexplained or inconsistent stuff with the mother.

[
I know there are a few people here who watched RWBY so I thought I should bring it to your attention that Monty Oum passed away yesterday.

Goddamnit. RIP. Haven't seen RWBY but his halo or Dead Fantasy videos were great back in the day.

Upotte Series Impressions

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | WTF | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | OVA

Upotte!! is a Japanese animation from the studio Xebec. The premise is that guns have become a living, breathing being in the form of kawaii~ Japanese school girls. Each girl can magically conjure the weapon they are based from at will. The different mechanical traits of each gun has a physical affect on each girl such as their physical well being or their appearance. Pretty ridiculous right?

That said, this anime could be used as an educational tool for those interested in the history and mechanics of each weapon. I learned more about a M16 assault rifle in this anime than I have in any other form of media.

This anime could be considered episodic with each episode going into detail about each gun's backstory (history in wars, evolution of weapon, etc). There is plenty of action for the gun fans and a slice of life format for the more laid back episodes. There is also a fox girl, an elf girl
ahh
, cat girls and dog girls. And guns don't kill people even after shooting them but that's beside the point. The OVA is a fantastic conclusion to the ending of the series which was left somewhat open when the animal girls destroyed a city for ??? reasons. But the plot is not important.

To answer this question

I'd have to say yes. Upotte is a fantastic educational anime that should be shown to every prospective gun owner. It is a great way to learn the history of your favorite gun and learn the best practices to maintain its body and functionality.

The worst thing is I actually wanted to check out the show till I remember your earlier impressions.
I also learned the British are prideful boobs who use malfunctioning equipment out of some form of embarrassing patriotism.

Japanese are just still butthurt over Kohima-Imphal.

Quasar

it's definitely low key, but boring? nah brah

For me at least 17 was the best episode all season. Though part of that I suspect is me having read the books for the first two arcs but not this one. Not all though as I love the whole premise of Shiroes alt appearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom