• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parasyte spoilers!

This guy on reddit does some cool anime to manga comparisons of each Parasyte episode.

To give an example:
tumblr_nj9307rIFL1qimk8ao2_r1_500.gif

Official Music Video of "Seasons Die One After Another" by Amazarashi
Root A Ending
http://youtu.be/wtJcLWeY114

2Deep4Me

Amazarashi is such an amazing band. I just loved how creative they were in incorporating some aspects from Tokyo Ghoul. The video is a bit uncomfortable but at the same time really fantastic. The lyrics to the song is brilliant in the way it adds lots of meaning. Also is that Rize wut?😦

Also don't watch this while your eating, trust me it won't end well for you.

Baalzebup

Welp as something to pass the time while I cook dinner I begin the 2nd season of Mobile Suit Gundam 00!

High expectations!

Yup. We were all there once. And then there was despair, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Kinda. Still way better than AGE with anything even remotely involving Kio.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Parasyte Episode 17:

You know, it is strange that the best written female character of this show is Tamura Ryoko and it was really evidenced with this episode.

Yona of the Dawn 17

The Thunder Beast just got himself a new fan. The Green Dragon is pretty cool dude.

Its nice that Yona has no problems with Hak going to brothels. Shes a real team player.

Yona of the Dawn 17

The Thunder Beast just got himself a new fan. The Green Dragon is pretty cool dude.

Its nice that Yona has no problems with Hak going to brothels. Shes a real team player.

This might be because yona doesn't even see hak as a potential love interest .... She hasn't let go of that hairpin after all..

Midonin

Code-E 10-12

And so it ends, in a way that I think is a nice wrap up to everything. Chinami is able to channel her electric powers and use them to
power up something just enough to save her and Kotaro, but not short everything out.
She's using it in a way more like Mikoto, rather than the walking disaster area she was for most of the series. While the sci-fi aspects weren't touched upon a whole lot - beyond the field trip happening at the place where the series began, it is a cute romance series, even if some aspects of the plot - such as what Adol and Mils were there for - feel unresolved. Luckily, there's a sequel series, which looks less like Kotoura-san and more like Read or Die. Chinami even kinda looks like Yomiko. The first series was average but fun, and I'm curious how the change of focus for the sequel is going to play out. I've had the ED theme on my playlist for years, but have never seen the actual show it came from.

Time to fix that.

KanColle 4-5
Kongou is the best. Fubuki's face thinking about Akagi is fantastic. Kind of expected Fubuki to be flagship after seeing the other girls lacking the sensible traits

John Blade

All I can say is this is a fun show to watch and easy to get into. It's not the best sci-fi show in anime but it have the necessary stuff to keep it entertainment for the audience really.

It start slow with the typical mission story line format for a bit but eventually open up to main plot line of the show. The character development is fine but they're few incident you kinda want to slap the main male character in the show as his pride kinda almost get himself kill few times.

I guess this show is great for people who want a fun action pack show with enough story line and development to keep them entertainment. As for the ending, I can't really say much except it try to bring a positive spin at the end. Can't say it's a bad thing (really why would you) but wish it kinda explain how everything come back together fine as it look like it might be the main female character dream based on her impression.

Now that I am done this show, my next show in my anime collection will be Desert Punk, a show I have no clue right now except what I saw on my dvd package. Hope it will be fun watch for me.

Parasyte the maxim 17

Reiko had a pretty badass fight scene and showed that the cold, purely rational thinking of the parasites can actually be a burden to them. This show does a really good job with ramping up the tension that I actually get super pissed off at the cliffhanger endings, which I rarely do. Murano's mere presence is starting to grate on me tho.

It's been that way for a while now. Thank god Sekai is going to be all "ain't got time for dames" at the end, ~chu.

That cluelessness is what will make their love stronger !!!

---------------------
Akatsuki no yona - 17

And now starts the BEST ARC of the franchise for me.
Can't wait to see it all animated. Hopefully they won't skip anything...

DTL would have a field day with that growing friendship.

Anyway Yona is really an anime that stay strong especially with the character develloppement... Please do this arc justice... there is no reason to fear so far , but they must make is perfect.

Baalzebup

I feel like Fumina would work better as a standalone character, instead she's like a groupie both on and off the battlefield.

Which is a damn shame. I didn't check anything about Try beforehand and really expected Fumina to be the MC of this particular season. Enter Reiji Mk. II and all hopes of that were dashed.

Nafe

Mobile Suit Gundam I
Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow
Mobile Suit Gundam III:Encounters in Space

After taking a look at the OVA of Mobile Suit Gundam 0800: War in the Pocket I thought I'd take a look at the original series to get some added context surrounding the main story and to see the beginnings of the Gundam anime. The original anime is a 43 episode show but it was also abridged into a movie trilogy with each film being about two and a half hours in length. I personally chose to watch the movie trilogy but may watch the original television length version later.

The name Yoshiyuki Tomino may be familiar to some here as he is working on the currently airing Gundam show Gundam Reconguista in G or G-Reco as some are short-handing it. He started by being involved in the writing and directing of the original Gundam here. I see he was off to a running start involving his crazy naming sense and characters slapping each other. Each movie has at least one guaranteed slap but the first two films have more like three or four. It didn't seem too misogynistic but perhaps more misanthropic. Each gender got its share of being slapped and having good guys and bad guys as well as those who were competent and those who were naive.

Unlike some of his later works I've seen I found the first Gundam series to be done pretty well in terms of its editing and directing. These movies anyway. There may have still been some scenes but for the most part you could understand the flow of things and the positioning of objects, unlike at times in G-Reco where it can be really confusing and disorienting at times.

I've been aware of the famous Gundam character "Char" and his masked appearance for years but didn't really know anything about him until watching through the film trilogy here. I also became aware of the character "Ramba Ral" through the Gunpla show Gundam Build Fighters and was given an introduction to his original appearance here. I see this series started a few Gundam traditions such as having a masked character and more capable pilots known as "New Types" with some slight variations in later works. Even the robot ball known as "Haro" got its start with the original.

I'd heard some say Gundam Seed felt like a spiritual remake or retelling of the original series and while it certainly has some changes, the similarities are easy to spot as well. The idea of Earth forces and some colonies at war with some space colonies that want independence. Then the idea of a secret R&D base on a neutral colony where a new battleship and mobile suit known as a GUNDAM is being constructed. Only for that weapon to be piloted by a talented young boy and be perused by a masked man and his forces.

It was also surprising to see the technology in use. Being used to later Gundam works, I was more familiar with the Zaku units using beam rifles. Initially that's what I thought they were using but they were actually using just really large versions of standard chemical/ballistic type weapons. The pilots were actually surprised to see a mobile suit using one when the Gundam first starts its counter-attack as it actually happens to be equipped with one. It was also interesting seeing the advancement of technology over the course of the war. I didn't know what they difference between a Zaku and a Gouf was but it seemed like a Gouf was basically a more advanced and kind of next generation Zaku. Then there was the introduction of the black and purple "skirted" mobile suits but I forget the name. I thought the Federation initially just had the Gundam but actually seeing the show and I see there was also the GunTank and GunCannon mobile suits. If they've appeared in later works then unfortunately I don't recall them.

Anyway, overall I personally actually really enjoyed the films and will probably watch something more from the franchise in the future. I'm thinking maybe Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team.

---

Obari did do work on GBF TRY Episode 16, he was posting a lot on the Gundam Tryon 3 on Twitter lately.

Also, thanks for responding. I meant to get back to it sooner but didn't.
I didn't realize he did that sort of thing as I don't really follow twitter.

Gundam build fighters TRY - 17

Well it was impossible to ever reach the awesome levels that Sakai took the show but it was a good attempt at remaining incredibly fun and interesintg.

Yuuma jumping on Sekai was litrally Yuuma's best moment. Constantly replayed it.

Shinmai Maou no testament - 05

This show learned from the best franchise ( sengen kagura ) to innovate on censorship

That method is certain better than suddne light beam ( even if they were still there ) but it's still better than having the whole screen filled with light.

Other than that , the second arc started , Everyone is starting to get ready for battle , meanwhile loli succubus is making things livelier , while nurse-sensei became a challenger for best character in only a couple of scenes...

But this show is really asking BUY THE BLU-RAYS ..at this rate i might just do it.

Shin Mazinger Z - 11

Best episode so far. From the OP playing as Mazinger Z lifted up the Undersea Fortress Salad (yes I know it's called Saluud but how can I not make that joke) to it swinging two giant mechanical beasts around, it was just loaded with action.

Man, this show is so much fun.

Crocodile

I feel Gundam Build Fighters Try has been improving overall and Fumina is starting to grow more into her own character and feel like the team leader she is supposed to be but I will def agree that her "attraction" (and most of the other girls) to Seikai brings things down. All the couplings in GBF Classic made varying amounts of sense. Not necessarily in that they were all clearly destined for each other but at least I could say "yeah I see why he/she is attracted to that other person". NONE of the attractions in GBF-T make any sense. They like Seikai because he's nice I guess? I'd rather they made him asexual than oblivious - would have been way more believable.

Parasyte-17

This is almost misogynistic level female writing.

Tamyia or Murano?

It was also surprising to see the technology in use. Being used to later Gundam works, I was more familiar with the Zaku units using beam rifles. Initially that's what I thought they were using but they were actually using just really large versions of standard chemical/ballistic type weapons. The pilots were actually surprised to see a mobile suit using one when the Gundam first starts its counter-attack as it actually happens to be equipped with one.

That was actually really surprising for me too. The later series has practically everyone using beam-related weapons, and yet it was revolutionary tech in-universe during the original series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom