• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
Duarara!! X2 05

Really loving this season. Wish there was a dedicated OT to discuss more, I'm too lazy to go about creating it though. :/

Heiwajima is the rawest motherfucker around.

End of Evangelion

This was something alright.. I definitely liked it more than the end of the series that's for sure.
So in my interpretation Gendo and those talking stones wanted different outcomes for what was about to happen, that's why they attacked NERV. Gendo wanted to see/be united with Yui (EVA 01) again, but Rei (Lilith? who now has Adam with her) says fuck it.

The whole humanity bonding souls instrumentality whatever the fuck it is begins. The last two episodes of the show is Shinji's instrumentality and by the end he breaks free/turns it down and goes back to earth, killing Lilith/Rei? in the process. I guess something similar happened with Asuka.
I have no fucking idea where the rest of humanity is but I guess they all became one and is inside the floating orb, which eventually bleeds and spreads across the planet. They can eventually restore their bodies if their heart can create their own image or some shit.
Yui (eva 01) is alone and floating in space, as a sign that they existed for some reason.

If only this was the ending of the show. Congratulations left a sour taste in my mouth. I loved all the crazy visuals. That vulture scene was great. I'm okay with this ending, though unless it flew by my head there's still questions unanswered, but those may be in the rebuild.
G947DvQ.jpg

Duarara!! X2 05

Masaomi could have had a larger role but at least he was helpful to be checking up on Mikado like that. Still could have had him interact with Izaya again.

Feels like big things are soon to happen.

Midonin

Dog Days'' 05

Let's help the Deku/Pikmin people out and have a fun day in the forest! World-building episodes like this are a nice breather after the service of the previous week and the demon-busting of the weeks before that. I wonder if the show's going to have a fourth season in the winter. They're already laying the groundwork for it in this episode. Next week looks to be an almost entirely Galette-focused episode, and that can only mean good things.

[Aria the Animation] - 01

It was pretty nice. It was nice to see Akari be so cheerful. Liked the background music too.
Aika-chan remimded me of Norie from Tamayura, but how does she row her gondola wearing high heels? That seems dangerous
"Accidentally practiced rowing backwards"...HOW?!
Aria Sachou is so cute. What is he? a cat?

dan2026

End of Evangelion

This was something alright.. I definitely liked it more than the end of the series that's for sure.
So in my interpretation Gendo and those talking stones wanted different outcomes for what was about to happen, that's why they attacked NERV. Gendo wanted to see/be united with Yui (EVA 01) again, but Rei (Lilith? who now has Adam with her) says fuck it.

The whole humanity bonding souls instrumentality whatever the fuck it is begins. The last two episodes of the show is Shinji's instrumentality and by the end he breaks free/turns it down and goes back to earth, killing Lilith/Rei? in the process. I guess something similar happened with Asuka.
I have no fucking idea where the rest of humanity is but I guess they all became one and is inside the floating orb, which eventually bleeds and spreads across the planet. They can eventually restore their bodies if their heart can create their own image or some shit.
Yui (eva 01) is alone and floating in space, as a sign that they existed for some reason.

If only this was the ending of the show. Congratulations left a sour taste in my mouth. I loved all the crazy visuals. That vulture scene was great. I'm okay with this ending, though unless it flew by my head there's still questions unanswered, but those may be in the rebuild.

The trick is don't think about it too much.
A lot of it is complicated for the sake of being complicated.

Let's be honest, a lot of the coming of age themes and struggles of the many characters aren't hard to pick up on.

I have to say though that the (main) plotline concerning the goals of NERV and the Dead Seascrolls do seem unnecessarily messy, though I doubt that was done intentionally so. I don't see any benefit from constantly being rather uncertain about their real intentions. If all that wasn't as obfuscated I'd have an easier time concentrating on the things that actually matter.

Log Horizon S2 - 18

GOD-TIER WORLD BUILDING

Seriously , this anime rocks so much ... It was awesome when i read it , it's still awesome when i watch it...

Log%20Horizon%202%20-%2018.jpg

Too bad not gonna work

^^^you've just met the second person that can see past your smiling facade....
#teamdiscipleofshiroe.

Log Horizon S2 18

The adventures of the newbie squad has been a lot more informative and interesting than I expected. Here we got the revelation of how conversation with People of the Land isn't as simple as it seems and the realization that people of the land only know 42 songs which makes sense since the MMO creator are only going to have a finite number of songs in the game and it explains why they're so enthralled with her music. As far as they're concerned they've been listening to the same 42 songs for hundreds even thousands of years. Last few moments of the episode have me wondering if Nyanta is eventually going to have to reveal himself to them and I'm still curious as to why he's following them, it can't just be for safety can it?

He was obviously seeking clues for shiroe and saw that ..... coincidence without a doubt.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Man this season of Dog Days musical direction is so amazing. The whole thing transports me to 90's era Nintendo and Gameboy games <3

You know I keep mentioning I want a straight up music anime without high school students. And everytime I try to pinpoint why I do it's because I want to see this animated. Rotoscoped, whatever. I just need to see it happen. Without bullshit high school drama, unless they do something like Whiplash-kun where they might be in school but all of the drama comes from the music and the music class.

phaze

End of Evangelion

Did they ever explain those Dead Sea Scrolls ? I'm drawing a blank.

Aldnoah.Zero 17

Inko will sell Inaho out and we will finally get the MC we deserve.

Crunchy guest passes:

XCPKATU3DVP (till February 10)
A93M785UVGG
X738BD365AY

SHONEN HOLLYWOOD -HOLLY STAGE FOR 50- Episode 18 The Surprise Cake was Unexpected
B9Q2AiCCIAAzv61.png

Shun Shun episode was just as good as Tomiis episode. Though I liked how Shun's was something a bit more down to earth and common. The thing about dreams then finding something else though then feeling a bit down or used to it and just lacking feeling anymore for it. Im glad Ran was there to give good advice too.

Ending theme was great this week. Great song and quite addicting, please please please please pinkish heart!

Death Parade - 05

Lots of answers in the episode and still plenty of questions left ..

Looks like next week, we're going to change the focus of the arbiter for more stuff.
Death%20Parade%20-%2005.jpg

I'm not jealous of that galaxy themed billard table with planettes
Goddamn i like this show...

God is dead, people are dying too fast , arbiters can become managers , and each arbiter personnality seems unique...

DAT animation in the second half....

Beats up a cocky fedora wearing womanizer who actually thought he could match him.

And gets himself a cute loli that wants to kill him.

Every episode that features best boy Shizuo prominently is great.

as much crap as I give Durarara I'm just waiting for enough episodes to be out so I can watch it. If I can't have Baccano S2 then fuck it.

Aldnoah Zero 17

Rayet: I am.
Inaho: You are not.
Rayet: I am!
Rayet: I am!!
Rayet: I am!!!
Rayet: I AMMM!!!!!
Rayet: I AAAMMMMM!!!!!!

Oh my god just make out already

Rolling Girls - 05

Bad world building, terrible plot, no longer great action and animation and very little character development. The awful writing is bad enough but that the animation and rather exciting action in ep1+2 isn't anywhere to be found in 3 episodes afterwards means I got baited.

Either way, I'm out now.

Angel Beats! 8

I have never laughed so hard at people sacrificing themselves like this. Shiina was the funniest. "How foolish...how foolish!" *death*

Poor Naoi, no one knew his name and called out to him when it was his turn.

Damn I hope Kanade makes it out of this in one piece.

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam Reco-19

This is unbelievably stupid and overly complex at the same time. I'm expecting the finale to be a 10 way battle.

cajunator

Banned
Mushi-Shi - 1

I don't even know where to begin. Like, I can't remember the last show I watched where I was so absorbed in its first episode.

Everything about this was beautiful. The directing, animation, the music, it all fit together so...perfectly.

Like, the show could literally just be this first episode and I'd have been perfectly satisfied with it.

But it's not. There's 25 more episodes of this. Plus a second season.

giphy.gif

You should thoroughly enjoy this show. It is both gorgeous and haunting, with beautiful breathtaking imagery followed by occasionally creepy and possibly even horrific moments. These creatures are mysterious but they can be harmful too.

THE iDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS 05

AOTY

A strong contender. Did not expect Anastasia nekomimi but this is something I can support 100%. ALso I didnt realize so many cinderella girls apparently enjoy wearing cat ears. I see lots of pics of them wearing them. This is good.

koufuku graffiti 2-4

koufukugraffiti4.jpg

this is honestly the first shaft show i've really enjoyed since the last hidamari sketch tv series. it helps that it has a similar creative aesthetic approach to it which really helps differentiate it from the rest of the shinbo-lite stuff they churn out. well, either that or i just haven't watched a shaft series in so long i've forgotten how low they can go. (lookin at you sasami-san)

the last ep was definitely the best one yet thanks to how much it reminded me of tamayura s2. learning about her late grandma from the memories of others further reinforcing the bond they shared was really touching and not at all what i'd expected from this series.

the finished ed's great and the previews are so good they're giving votoms ones a run for their money but for an entirely different reason!

I agree that this is the most enjoyable Shaft production in a while. The past few have been kind of mediocre but Shaft has really nailed this one down. It helps that its absolutely adorable from beginning to end. The episode previews are normally forgettable in anime but they really might be the best part.

She's a cutie!

CDiggity

The Rolling Girls Rock and Roll Circus 05

I didn't feel the last episode. I REALLY didn't feel this one. This series is really all over the place. If you are writing something which could just as easily be written without the main four, then you've done something wrong. It doesn't help that they are increasingly confusing their world.

It's one redeeming factor, the art and animation, is also fading fast. The backgrounds were much more simplistic and the characters are starting to go full Jiggly Heaven. It's almost as if the first two episodes were designed to instill an opinion of "Wow, this looks good", and carry that bias through the rest of the series by means of the cascade effect by simply including bite-size pieces of that animation to enforce that bias.

This show is on the edge with me, if next episode doesn't right the ship, I'm done.

End of Evangelion

This is still one of my favorite anime movies to date. The first time watching this show and ending it with this movie left such an impression on me.

The Dead Sea Scrolls in the show were the actual Dead Sea Scrolls, only they were about aliens and not Biblical canon

Aldnoah Zero 17

Guess we can add "master interrogator" to Inaho's resume now.

Log Horizon 2 18

The 42 songs thing is pretty neat. I assume they're talking about the Game's OST. This series is great at throwing in little things that make me say "Oh that makes a lot of sense actually"

Nope, they never say what's actually on them. Apparently in a video game spinoff (Girlfriend of Steel maybe?) they do but that's probably non-canon.
If you mean what they are, they're the actual Dead Sea Scrolls that contain ancient writings on the Old Testament but in Eva they contain the secret to Instrumentality or some shit

I'm okay with this ending, though unless it flew by my head there's still questions unanswered, but those may be in the rebuild.

Don't get your hopes on on that one

The Dead Seas Scrolls don't matter beyond the fact they prophesied the Angels coming and everything that would happen which is why Seele was prepared with NERV and the Evas at the start of the series, and why they would chew Gendo out when he went off script.

DOG DAYS S3 - 05

It's Rico time to shine !!!!

1423329625135.gif

de-arimasu !!!

I wish they would tone down the fanservice a bit.. those "boings" were unnnecessary.
Yuki is a perfect character without these.

I was wondering why they used so many cheap tricks during the first half ..but that's probably because the fight had such clear animation.

Shinku used one of the best part of being an hero , if 1 hand is not enough , 2 is better

Except the fanservice , everything in this episode was perfect , including the demon frog that play baseball ...

9/10 episode , that ending with eclair and kou made it priceless ..

I WANT MORE !!!
Better uncensors these for the blu-rays....

Death Parade 5
Fairly interesting episode hinting at the hierarchy of the Arbiters. Interesting to see that Decim is a relatively new arbiter which would explain his awkwardness partially. Also some reveal of backstory for the girl. Looking forward to see how the other Arbiter handles his guests as well as that other girl since she's in the OP

Rolling&#9734;Girls 05

Ehhhhhhhhh the Dandy guy is cool but this show still isn't as good as the first two episodes. Don't really care about much going on. Will probably drop this next episode. A shame but I did say at the start of the season this was the one with the highest chance of blowing it's potential

----------------------------

You haven't watched it? You're as dead to me as Monster Girls.

Still need to watch Baccano myself.

Think I'll start watching it after going back and wrapping up Madan

Make sure you watch the dub! Dub Baccano is best Baccano.

Shin Mazinger Z - 14

WHAT. HOW. WHO?!? HUH?!?

So not only is Tsubasa Shiro and Kouji's mother, but she's also the one who killed their father?!? As if that wasn't enough, Stroheim here is planning on using Shiro for what I assume is going to be similar to what went down with the Devil Gundam with this robot he made.

Oh, as if that wasn't enough. We have the ghost of Kouji and Shiro's father coming back and speaking through a holographic projection of Lorelai.

How did this show get so crazy so fast? A few episodes ago I was enjoying some standard fun super robot action, and now this happens!

Jarmel

Banned
Rolling Girls-5

So Romeo and Juliet with motorcycles?

This is pretty dull though despite how insane the setting is, mainly due to how bland the main group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom