• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go! Princess Precure 2

More surfing than Lollipop hiphop skateboarded. A friendly reminder that dancing hurts and is very flexible, much like Cure Mermaid.

CG finishers are here to stay, and quite frankly, it looked pretty bad in Mermaid's case. Granted when they finish their CG Stock, it looks bad all around.

>No Kirara time next episode

CHcmRc0.gif
Oh god. They didn't do that in the previous series, right?

Rolling Girls - 05

Best episode since eps 2, this town is so much fun.. the guest star is much better than the afro freak from previous town (bleh)
The biker dude is cool as hell.. the town have worse culture than tipping culture at america though lol

Hope next episode ended with mega sakuga race. can't wait.. still AOTS

Oh good I'm not the only one still enjoying this show.

Meesh

Currently balls deep into Parasyte and Tokyo Ghoul root A, but I just wanted to shout out to Ben-To because it was such a refreshing surprise to me. The characters, the sexual tension and innuendo, the hilarity of fighting martial arts style for your food. Could be a Ranma episode, but it ain't, it's fucking Ben-To and for those brief 12 episodes I was sold as a must own. I'd give a huge full blown review but this isn't the thread and I'm too drunk :) peace.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Currently balls deep into Parasyte and Tokyo Ghoul root A, but I just wanted to shout out to Ben-To because it was such a refreshing surprise to me. The characters, the sexual tension and innuendo, the hilarity of fighting martial arts style for your food. Could be a Ranma episode, but it ain't, it's fucking Ben-To and for those brief 12 episodes I was sold as a must own. I'd give a huge full blown review but this isn't the thread and I'm too drunk :) peace.

You'll be glad to know a Season 2 is on the horizon I think. One VA confirmed she's doing more work for it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Heeeeeey guys. Long time no see (except for those of you I talk to on Twitter)! Still kinda out of anime, but I'm slowly getting back in. Finished up Heartcatch Precure today (really good, especially those last 5 or so episodes) and watching Rolling Girls and really enjoying that too. Kinda wanna start Shirobako as well, but eeeehhhh not sure I want to jump into a two-cour so soon after kinda coming back to anime. Still, it looks good. Also getting excited for S2 of Kiniro Mosaic. So I guess I am kinda getting back into it, heh.

Heeeeeey guys. Long time no see (except for those of you I talk to on Twitter)! Still kinda out of anime, but I'm slowly getting back in. Finished up Heartcatch Precure today (really good, especially those last 5 or so episodes) and watching Rolling Girls and really enjoying that too. Kinda wanna start Shirobako as well, but eeeehhhh not sure I want to jump into a two-cour so soon after kinda coming back to anime. Still, it looks good. Also getting excited for S2 of Kiniro Mosaic. So I guess I am kinda getting back into it, heh.

Hey hey!

Meesh

You'll be glad to know a Season 2 is on the horizon I think. One VA confirmed she's doing more work for it.
Ho ho snaaaaaap! I thought this would be a short one shot deal? Praise the name gods if it's true, Ben-To lives on!!!

Best girl from last season is getting a figure based on her pirate outfit.

I like her default or business outfit better

Shirobako is def worth it.
Also I heard you get called out on the Super Best Friend Cast lol

Haha, its always amusing and cute to see people innocently predict whats gonna happen, never knowing they only just reached the surface.

Oh, man I am so jealous of people watching it for the first time, so many times have my mind being blown away by the sheeer.... you know.

Usually I judge people... very often.

Just to let you know.

Who doesn't?

Oh god. They didn't do that in the previous series, right?

In the previous series, CG stock footage was for the form change special attacks, although they gained some 2D finishers for those form changes. Outside of that, Stock finishers were more often than not, 2D and not CG.

Go! Princess Precure basically went the extra step for finishing blows. I'm honestly surprised there's no CG transformations.

Haly

Oh sorry you guys, I got Ben-to mixed up with Hataraku Maou-sama.

Joe Molotov

In the previous series, CG stock footage was for the form change special attacks, although they gained some 2D finishers for those form changes. Outside of that, Stock finishers were more often than not, 2D and not CG.

Go! Princess Precure basically went the extra step for finishing blows. I'm honestly surprised there's no CG transformations.

Full CG Precure within 3 seasons, the future is coming.

Haly

I'M SORRY but also Hataraku Maou is really good.

Hattori

Banned
Yatterman 1-3
I'm not familiar with this franchise,
but I think this show is somewhat of role reversal(?)
which I think is a pretty fresh idea, at least for me. Anyways, it's definitely one of the shows I plan to keep.

I need Anime-Gaf's help here. I decided to put El-Hazard on hold because it's not what I'm looking for right now and I need help deciding if I should start watching either Soul Eater or Infinite Ryvius next or if I should restart watching Spice and Wolf at the 7th episode while I'm currently reading the novels?

JoeFu

Banned
Kuttsukiboshi

Deep show about love and stuff and finding a way to bone your sister or something and magic powers and lesbians

11/10

Hattori

Banned
I need Anime-Gaf's help here. I decided to put El-Hazard on hold because it's not what I'm looking for right now and I need help deciding if I should start watching either Soul Eater or Infinite Ryvius next or if I should restart watching Spice and Wolf at the 7th episode while I'm currently reading the novels?

Soul Eater

Ace of Diamond - 68

Furuya keep being Alpha and Sawamura continue being jelly

this is truly ideal rivalry scenario.. so good.

Eps 5 is really good, also surprised with the complaint tbh

I didn't want to say next episode...but next episode!!
And next and next and next!
#hype
I need to post about the rest of Ookiku furikabutte later since I finished it some time ago. I don't even understand baseball that much but sports anime <3

Best part of Kuttsukiboshi was the VA of Makise Kurisu was the MC

Eh?! Asami Imai? Lies!

Absolute Duo 5 - A lot of this episode was pretty terrible, but don't quit on it, it gets better! Well, no, it doesn't. It's pretty terrible beginning to end, in fact. But this is the kind of slightly charmingly bad junk that IS, for instance, does, though of course this show is nowhere near IS's level.

So what happens this episode?

- MC guy continues to either hit on or be condecending to (depending on how you read his constant attention) unathletic-with-big-breasts girl. Does he like her, or is he just (condescendingly) sincerely praising her for her questionable successes? It doesn't really matter which it is, it's annoying. Plus, she's like the most boring of all the girls in this show... why give her so much attention?

- Main girl gets a cute flaw: she can't swim. So naturally she jumps in the pool anyway, and MC has to save her. Can't have a strong female character without making her weak in some way, after all! This was yet another scene so predictable that I knew what was going to happen before it did, and then ended up being entirely correct, because this show sticks that closely to stereotype. I will admit that main girl's lines afterwards explaining why she'd jumped in were kind of amusing, but still, more bad-stupid content here.

- Rich British girl tries again to convince MC to become Duos with her. To this end, she convinces him to take another trip with her, yet again skipping school. She can do this at will, but he gets punished for it... but always follows her around anyway, because he's got little willpower apparently. This trip is to an amusement park, so after the "trip to the mall" part of ep. 4, ep. 5 covers "trip to the amusement park". Yes, the show continues down the checklist of required scenes. It's a somewhat weird horror-ish-themed amusement park with mascots who remind me a bit of the dead-animal plushies in Kampfer.

-Even though he agreed to come with her and skip school, he keeps acting like they shouldn't be there, etc. during their time at the park. If you didn't want to go, DON'T GET ON THE HELICOPTER IN THE FIRST PLACE, guy! :p

- British girl has a gun for a weapon, ep. 4 showed us. Now this ep says that normally you can only make simple magical weapons, not complex things like guns. So most people have swords, chains, he has a shield, etc. This explains why her power is special.

-Oh yeah, did I mention that throughout this series, main girl spends most of her time in their room wearing only a shirt and panties? Because she does. I'm sure the reason for this has nothing to do with the fanservice it provides... yeah... (Sure, you can excuse it with 'well she trusts him, is comfortable that way, etc', and it all sounds valid, until you think about what kind of show this is. The real reason is obvious, fanservice.)

- At the end of the episode, a battle between the first and second year classes is set up...
but British girl, angry that MC guy turned her down yet again after the amusement park trip, takes out the entire second-year class all on her own with her super-strong magic gun. The end of the episode sets up a fight between her and the first-year students. I'm sure MC guy and main girl will defeat her somehow, after coming close to defeat!

What if "normal" is also a niche?
How would that work?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[Aria the Animation] - 01
It was pretty nice. It was nice to see Akari be so cheerful. Liked the background music too.
Aika-chan remimded me of Norie from Tamayura, but how does she row her gondola wearing high heels? That seems dangerous
"Accidentally practiced rowing backwards"...HOW?!
Aria Sachou is so cute. What is he? a cat?
Mars cat is best cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom